main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Deadpool, the (Golden Globe-nominated) Movies!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Quiet_Mandalorian, May 6, 2009.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Honestly a PG-13 rating could work better for the comedy. Imagine Deadpool decapitates someone and he pauses the movie to explain the ratings and resumes the movie only for everyone to bleed unicorn rainbows or something

heels1785 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    LOL, I am not really a fan of the character but Reynolds is spot on perfect, I'm looking forward to seeing this.

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, that needs to happen. The flipside is that, even if bits like that are pulled to perfection, they may fall flat on general audiences that don't know the character and won't appreciate that kind of humour. Verily, making this movie well be challenging. It will be either fantastically awesome...or the kind of disaster that may be inevitably dumped on the late winter wasteland release window.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    She's Vanessa Carlyle/Copycat, then? Good choice!

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

It doesn't say, but that's a good guess.

Is there any chance they'd make her Domino? Because I'd plotz...

Yodaminch likes this.
  7. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Well, if it's based on the old script (and things like Colossus being cast seem to point that way) then yes, Vanessa Carlyle is the main female character.

Darth Punk and dp4m like this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    *Does the Morena Baccarin in anything makes me happy dance*

Haven't seen the V remake but I'm seriously considering watching the whole thing because she's in it.

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Uh, yeah... let's not get crazy there or anything... that show, yeah, wasn't... wasn't good...

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Oh, and...
    From a certain point of view, Vanessa is the original Domino. So, kind of. :p

11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

From what I heard from multiple sources, yes. But it has space aliens and Morena Baccarin in it, it'd be hard for me to 100% detest the experience. Only 2 seasons, maybe sometime in the summer.

I remember the promos for the show where her face would pop up and she's promise to tell humanity various secrets, the only reason that sticks out to me was I was at a Canadian Football League game and during an ad break her face popped up on the screen at the stadium and she said in her seductively Morena Baccarin way "We will teach you the secrets of winning the Grey Cup", which is downright odd because they had her cut a promo specifically for CFL games (V aired on Canadian TV same place where CFL Grey cup was broadcast so probably some marketing synergy there.) Admittedly, I was more than a few beers into the game by that point but that is a fourth-wall shattering promo Baccarin thingie that happened!

One other odd thing is she has been scheduled for the Toronto Comic Con this year, and she had been scheduled, no exaggeration, like practically every one for the past 3 years. Always cancelled. Even saw her apologize for it on twitter once, just scheduling getting in the way for something. Once again, she's supposed to be at it for 2015.

In March.

..... and the Hollywood Reporter article reveals that Deadpool starts shooting in March....

Sigh. Probably 4th cancellation coming. Gal's busy workin, though, can't fault her for that! I even like her in Homeland and the character was kinda awkwardly written and she's even good in Gotham and the character is barely written, but she's good enough to add some flair to anything.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

You know what I mean!!! :p

No, don't read into anything. TV shoots should finish in ... April-ish and the Deadpool shot will be going for at least a couple of months. There's no reason it can't be worked out, considering she's not a regular on Gotham. I can also personally vouch that there's a wonderful Cathay Pacific non-stop JFK/YVR every day too. :p

JoinTheSchwarz and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    You've just introduced an idea that will inevitably disappoint me for not being true and the movie hasn't even begun filming yet.

It's not worth watching that show for her- she's the only good thing in it. You're better off watching the last season of SG-1 (and Ark of Truth) if you want a Baccarin fix.

GenAntilles likes this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Morena Baccarin follow up. She had to cancel Toronto comic con, yet again. 4th time, I believe.

http://www.comicontoronto.com/guests/morena-baccarin/

flat-out has an apology this time too. "She did her absolute best to work around her Deadpool filming schedule. She understands that she’s missed the last few shows and is very sorry she won’t be here to meet you all. We wish her the best and look forward to seeing her on the big screen (and hopefully soon at Fan Expo)!"

Well, at least she's in Deadpool (and I was working that weekend anyway). Popular lady!

15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
  16. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

Already done by Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  19. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_laugh] I just saw that a few minutes ago and nearly fell out of my work chair laughing. If the actual movie is half as funny as the test footage and this image, a complete win. Although I hope it's twice as funny. (Yeah, maths...)

20. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    That is a fantastic costume.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Just for your own eye bleach, did you see the Burt Reynolds pic he based that off of?

23. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Of course.

dp4m likes this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I noticed Deadpool's eye is "squinting" in the photo (or winking), which is actually a huge aspect of how the character conveys emotions behind the mask (big white eyes = surprise, squint = intensity). These are examples I could find online. Googled "Deadpool quizzical". Kinda gets the point across.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's kind of like how in Spider-Man comics the "eyes" of the suit change depending on the emotion of the particular panel. Now, we've seen Spider-Man with the same type of eyes in movies but they haven't moved.

However, Deadpool is a character whose emotions play on the surface, which is quite hard to do since he's behind a mask and all. But it's a HUGE aspect of the character. does that mean his eyes will be emotive (ala the "squint") in that photo throughout the film? How the hell do they pull that off? Is it a practical FX or will there be CGI trickery to make him emote? Or is the "wink" just some digital manipulation they pulled off for that photo? Or will one of deadpool's eyes be squinting the whole time?

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't think he's squinting- they just chose a neutral eye position so that he doesn't have a fixed expression. The test footage had something similar.

The only expression you get is what is done by the actor's face underneath it, basically.