main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Deadpool, the (Golden Globe-nominated) Movies!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Quiet_Mandalorian, May 6, 2009.

1. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    From Variety:

[image=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0LhEeWdzFN8/SfhMdfzwCqI/AAAAAAAABEk/_bSW-xjtG7o/s1600/61.jpg]

2. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Isn't there a scene that some folks go to see of Reynolds as Wade looking at the body of "Deadpool" after the credits of Wolverine? I got Wolvie drinking in Japan...

3. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    There are at least 2 different post-credit scenes for Wolverine: one I haven't seen about Japan. The other has deadpool reaching out of the rubble to grab his head as it opens it's now un-sewn shut mouth

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [image=http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/8769/ryandeadpoolr.jpg]

I believe, with Ryan onboard, they can jettison the crap and make this work.

[image=http://images.imabearmeow.com/comics/deadpool/shoryuken.jpg] [image=http://images.imabearmeow.com/comics/deadpool/deadpooltherearenowords.jpg] [image=http://images.imabearmeow.com/comics/deadpool/chickenhead.jpg]

That third ending isjust a fan-made rumor spread around like every site, it's not real.

5. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    what 3rd ending?

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The rumor is Wolverine had a third secret ending where, as Dawud mentions, we see Weapon XI's head on the ground and a pair of feet walk over to it, it pans up and reveals Ryan-as-Wade, and asks "who are you?" (maybe "who are you supposed to be?")- suggesting Weapon XI is a clone or something and the real Wade is unmuckedup.

7. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Huh? Am I missing something? The one ending was that Deadpool crawled over to his body, grabbed his head and said, "Shhhh!" to the audience, breaking the fourth wall. Doesn't that basically set up the Deadpool movie? Cover his head with a mask, say that his DNA reverted to his original healing and wham, you've got Deadpool.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The fan-rumor ending would permit them to do a Deadpool movie free of having to jump through any hoops of continuity with the Weapon XI stuff, essentially.

9. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Well, even with the Weapon XI stuff they could have him remove the blades from his arms and for some reason or another his healing factor causes the teleportation and optic blasts(and whatever else Stryker supposedly implanted in him) to be rejected and thus he's back to a disfigured Deadpool with a mask who cracks wise like everyone loves.

10. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Yeah just say his healing factor rejected the implanted Wraith and Cyclops DNA and essentially pushed it out of his system... somehow.:p

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm not in disagreement- that's what I hope they do ("the bonding process is incomplete" etc), just saying the fan-version wouldn't require them to undo all that.

12. -Phoenix-

Oct 21, 2005
    True enough but I think at with the prospect of ignoring it all I'd probably end up preferring they undo it, just so we don't have to deal with a whole bunch of alternate movie-verses, despite all the damage Wolverine has done.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, it wouldn't be an alternate movie-verse, it'd just be a clone Deadpool or something.

14. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    It would be funny of the fan imagined 3rd ending were created just for the DVD so it would actually satisfy those fans AND be the starting point for the Deadpool movie.

Also, it's looking like there's going to possibly be a Gambit movie now too. He's probably the next most uninteresting X-Men character to me besides Cyclops. Honestly.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Gambit can be interesting, though not as he was portrayed in the film.

16. -Phoenix-

Oct 21, 2005
    I didn't like Gambit in Wolverine very much. He was hardly in it and for most of the parts that he was, you could hardly even tell he had an accent.

17. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    There's a lot of unanswered questions about Deadpool after Wolverine. We don't know whether or not Weapon XI was in fact Wade or not. Wolverine could have made a mistake.

18. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    One of the after-credit scenes has Deadpool/Wade Wilson reaching for his head and the head going "shhh....". I think that confirms its Deadpool

19. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    It's Deadpool. And yes, there was a clip of him after the credits to Wolverine.

20. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    We never got a satisfactory explination to why Wade was there in the first place. Was it too early for Stryker to begin his Weapon program? Or are we left to assume that Wade was simply a mutant to begin with.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So apparently Katee Sackhoff has been buying up Typhoid Mary comics with the hopes of getting cast in a Marvel movie.

Now, people have been speculating this is tied to the recently discussed intentions of Fox to reboot Daredevil, since she's a significant character in the Daredevil mythos.

But...just reading Deadpool Classic Volume 2, she's also a pretty noteworthy character in Deadpool's mythos as well, and with that actually having been announced, I can't help but think it's the more likely candidate for her.

And, if so, having Ryan vs Katee would be all kinds of awesome.

Can just picture Ryan using the tone he did in Blade Trinity's interrogation scene to say 'Pool lines like"You demented little witch! I'm going to ******* ventilate you!" ;)

22. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Lets just hope this movie won't suck.

23. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    It probably will. I think we saw what Reynolds could bring to one of these roles after Blade Trinity

24. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
  25. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    If they include Cable in a Deadpool movie that'd be interesting. I've read a few comic runs of them together and I enjoyed it. Although considering this is under Fox, I'd approach it with caution. After seeing Wolverine, it makes me even more weary of films that are not under Marvel's direct control.