main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Deadpool, the (Golden Globe-nominated) Movies!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Quiet_Mandalorian, May 6, 2009.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    MOD EDIT: Profanity warning, and fixed double post

Really, it's hard to believe they get this so right and FF so wrong.

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, the marketing campaign for Deadpool has been quite remarkable, especially when you take in consideration of the "leaked" test footage that got the film greenlit and the subsequent promo footage and whatnot. It's been really fun and exciting to see this film come to fruition. I'm looking forward to watching the full trailer tomorrow.

3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Yes, looking forward to whenever this full trailer drops. I love the rip on his Wolverine Origins variant.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    *disappointed because she thought the trailer had been released*

5. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Red Band is up.

Here's the Green Band:

6. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    These trailers look very similar to the old leaked script. Several scenes... well, most of them... are straight out of it. And yes, that's a good thing.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The red band is pretty much the comic-con trailer, minus a couple moments (mostly Collosus/NTW).

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I might have passed on this, but that trailer looked very good.

9. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

Yeah. His fourth wall antics are really funny.

10. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    LOL... yeah, this I'll spend $16 on. I could use a good laugh or twenty.

Juliet316 likes this.
  11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Perfect Valentine's Day material. My wife is one lucky lady.

12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I understand the need for a green band trailer to show: 1) to show in the block of movie previews before a PG or PG-13 movie and 2) for television, but I wonder if it's going to cause problems down the road. For example, I wonder if we're going to see any backlash or complaining from uneducated parents who end up taking their children to this movie because all they saw was a green band trailer and didn't do any research. Also there is no R rating at the end of the green band trailer. Is there talk of the studio releasing two different versions of the movie: one R rated and one not?

Diggy likes this.
  13. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Speaking of the Red Band trailer (Profanity, and all other NSFW warnings apply):

14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I was wondering about two versions. Because the greenband isn't just cutting material, it was some entirely different dialogue, and just just from the masked Deadpool.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  15. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    For a first time director, Tim Miller seems to have the action scenes down pretty good.

-Dig at the GL movie, NICE!
    -Colossus looks fantastic (I'd like to here him talk at some point).
    -Curious about Nagasonic Teenage Warhead (I know next to nothing about her).
    -TJ Miller looks, like TJ Miller. It's amusing to see him in this Hard-R film and then imagine him doing voice work for How to Train Your Dragon, (fun family films).
    -Morena Baccarin looks amazing as always (although I hope that they give her more to do than just be Wade's love interest).

All in all, it looks good.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The ratings usually aren't officially established this far out- if they do a second green band closer to release it'll probably have the rating upfront.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  17. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

Well, considering in this case, Deadpool himself shows up at the end of the Green Band and tells you that there's naughty words and glorious, glorious sexy violence in the Red Band and encourages you to visit the website for more information, I don't have any sympathy for those idiots.

Juliet316 and TiniTinyTony like this.
  18. SithSense

Sep 29, 2002

Given that it's written by the folks who did Zombieland, I'm sure she will.
    Plus, she's playing Copycat, so there's that. Basically she's Mystique minus the Blue Scab Group and plus the fact that she can copy superpowers.

19. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Vanessa didn't have her powers in the leaked script, that this movie seems to be following to a tee, though. Not surprising, given she's just bargain bin Mystique.

20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    SithSense, I have no sympathy for idiots either :) I would guess/assume that Deadpool popping up at that the end would be removed from the versions shown at theaters and on television, but maybe not.

21. SithSense

Sep 29, 2002
    Hm. That's a shame.

22. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    Trailer looks fun. I'm not a huge fan of foul-mouthed killer-type superheroes, but I hope this is a big hit for RR, he deserves an upswing in his career.

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    My wife doesn't know anything about Deadpool, so I had her watch the trailer and she like it and was amused by it, but she still asked "What's Deadpool's deal? Is he a good guy, bad guy, what?" it she didn't feel the trailer explain that. I told her, Deadpool is a mercenary and usually just does things for money, but recently in the comic books he's been doing more super hero stuff like helping the X-Men (didn't want to say X-Force because that would have caused me to explain X-Force and probably create more confusion). I also told her, based on the trailer, looks like Deadpool might be teaming up with members of the X-Men seeing how Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead are there. Anyway, she loves TJ Miller and LOL'd at his lines and she's looking forward to the flick.

I was intrigued by Gina Carrano's character and I didn't notice it was her at first as I was chuckling at the line "a less angry Rosie O'Donnell." I also wanted to see the full final version of the "leaked" test footage the got the film greenlit in the trailer, but I could wait for the film.

Thumbs up on the trailer.

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  25. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Maybe I said it already but, **** yeah, ticket bought.