1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (11th-13th November), Adelaide (18th-20th November)

Oz Comic Con: 2017

FF:NZ DeAgostini at it again.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Klimt_Of_Tornesdal, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master

star 3
    The publishers that put out the Fact Files are doing a new collection called star wars the official figurine collection. Each issue has a metal figurine hand painted of a given character or vehicle. The first issue is selling for $5.95, with the following issues being approx. $18.

Here's a link to the british site, but you'll need Flash to see it. Nothing on the new zealand site yet.
  2. SithForceLord Jedi Knight

star 6
    Yea, JP and I saw the ad's tonight and we had a giggle at how I was sucked in to those fact files a few years back, and how you'll probably be able to buy these new ones off trademe in 5 years time for half the price.

$17.95 for a metalic painted figure and a magazine, jesus! Either kids are rich these days or they're totally dreaming!

Also, Vader comes first, but I bet the next dozen will be lame characters before you get Obiwan or Yoda or someone.

Issue two, comes complete with R2-D5! [face_plain]
  3. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master

star 3
    The thing that bugs me is the size of them. In the ad, the person is holding R2D2 and his torso isn't much higher than the person's thumb?! That'd make the collection even smaller than the action figures.
  4. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I've seen the die-cast Vader and the detailing is _very_ nice. I think I'm pushing s*** up hill if I can convince my wife to let me buy an $18 magazine every week for the next few years, but I might buy a few now and then if there are particular characters/vehicles I like,
  5. solo77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah another money draining scheme, this time i won't be suckered in like those damn fact files.

But as STH says i'll check them out and if there are any really good ones i may buy the odd one
  6. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master

star 3
    Would she take it any easier if it were cheaper? I heard they would be two weeks apart. ;) But yeah, I hear what you're saying. I may do the el cheapo thing and wait for a set to show up on TradeMe in 12 months or so.
  7. SithForceLord Jedi Knight

star 6
    JP's got all my fact files, I haven't even read 95% of them. [face_blush]

I mean, I've got two folders of "BUGS" fact file type magazines in my parents storage down south - at least those were informative and I read them :p
  8. YouAgain Jedi Master

star 5

I have two folders of "Dinosaur" fact filethings, the came with 3d glasses, they were the ****!!
  9. Chansplace Jedi Padawan

star 4
    so has anyone picked these up?
  10. solo77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  11. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I've been getting these here in the UK, and we are up to issue 26 for subscribers. Most of the figures are actually pretty good in quality but there have been a few dodgy ones. If you get them in the same order as us you will actually get quite a few of the major characters fairly quickly.

If you want to check out our comments and see what has come out, take a look at this thread in Collecting.
  12. D-maul Jedi Youngling

i always kinda thought deagnosti was stingy.
    like with that egyptian magazine is exactly the same with a little plastic figure and a magazine for $20
    i read on this website called bothan spy that its just the star wars fact file all over again.
  13. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    It's not exactly the same as Fact Files. Each magazine has 8 sections: Heroes and Villains, A Galaxy Far Far Away, Concepts, Spaceships and Vehicles, Droids, Species and Beings, and The Phenomenon. Section 8 is a closeup look at the modelling and painting process for the included figurine. Taking issue 5 at random (the Darth Maul issue), the included topics are: 1) Darth Maul, 2) The Jedi Archives, 3) Lightsabers 4) Naboo Submarine (Gungan Bongo), 5) Sith Probe Droid, 6) Mon Calamari, 7) The Prequel Trilogy, 8) Darth Maul Figurine. The section 'The Phenomenon' is a behind-the-scenes look at an aspect of Star Wars. This issue is about the announcement that GL would make the Prequel Trilogy and some of the truths and rumors about prequel events.
  14. SithForceLord Jedi Knight

star 6
    And *that's* suppose to be worth all that money all over again?
  15. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Being a collector, I am getting them more for the figurine than the magazine. To me it is worth it.
  16. D-maul Jedi Youngling

hey, you guys should check out the new link i started on star wars battlefront 3.
    they're going to make another one. and i want them to bring bespin back and have an intertwined space-land battle.
    that would be awesome
  17. Farra_Sti Jedi Master

star 2
    I am getting the series and so far we had Vader, Luke, Stormtrooper and Yoda and C3P0 in that order. Yoda and Stormtrooper came together with issue 3. I never got the factfiles so it is worth it for me. Nor did I have any Star Wars figurines prior to this series.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.