main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DeAgostini partwork: "Build the Millennium Falcon"

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Matsemitsu, Mar 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matsemitsu

Matsemitsu Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    So, Jedinews.co.uk alerted me today to this new partwork in which one assembles what seems to be a HUGE model kit of the Millennium Falcon. Have a look:

http://buildmillenniumfalcon.com/

It looks great, and my collection has no Falcon in any shape or form, which I consider criminal. The Hasbro one from a few years ago I missed, and the announced TVC reissue somehow never appeared - at least nowhere I looked. So I'm considering subscribing here. I have a good history with this type of release (the SW chess figure collection, for one, which I thought was of amazing quality), but I'd like to get the opinions of you folks.

So first of all, would you pay what they ask for this type of model? (It is expensive, I know... but with those materials and at that size, I believe the price can be accepted). Secondly, maybe for the model builders among you, does a rookie such as I stand any chance of actually assembling this, skillwise? (Never really done it before.) What I'm a bit worried about is: at 100 weekly issues, the model wouldn't be complete until ca. February 2016. Can I wait so long? Could you?

Other than that, any UK folks or Europeans like me who plan on starting this?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Matsemitsu - we actually have a thread going on this over in Literature - feel free to add your thoughts over there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.