main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ~Dear Abby~ Star Wars Characters write to Dear Abby, comedy. COMPLETED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by HanSoloIsSoCute, Oct 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    very nice job yet again...i will miss this though...:(

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

=D==D=

I loved it, very funny and very original :D

=D= Its a shame to see it go though.

3. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Well done, Jas, well done. :)

4. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Well done, keep on writing your other stories!

I really enjoyed these, they gave me a good laugh! [face_laugh]

5. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    I, too, am bummed to see the column go - it was hilarious and always had a way of brightening my day! And this update was no exception! Every single letter and reply had me cracking up - Mara's, Prince Xizor, Sidious, Qui-gon (his aside about Mace was especially priceless), even Jar Jar! I loved them all! You definitely went out with a bang!

Thanks a bunch for so many wonderful laughs! This story was GREAT!

Way to go Jasmine!! =D=

6. HanSoloIsSoCute

HanSoloIsSoCute Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2005
    [image=http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/HanSoloIsSoCute/newDA2.jpg]

Hey guys I made cover-art!! :D It's kinda fuzzy... I have no idea why, and I can't seem to fix it no matter what. :( Anyway I put in some of my favorite comments from you guys, I tried to include one from each of my most faithful readers. Check for your name! :D

KELIA Thankies, I was worried I rushed a bit with Sidious's, and he deserves to rot in Afterlife in my opinion... lol I'll miss writing the column, but it had to end somewhere. And now that it's finished I realize I missed a few... crap.

FelsGoddess Thanks, Xizor's was the hardest considering I've only read one book about him and I know the least of his background. Thanks again.

kenobiwanobi Thanks, I'm going to miss it too. :(

JediFalcon Thank goodness! lol I was a little worried you might not like it, considering you're such a big Xizor fan and this was my first time writing him. And yeah, it is a shame indeed. All that time ago when my aunt was complaining about the column and the idea hit me, I never knew it would be such a hit, beginning to end. But, there may be a sequel. [face_mischief]

DaenaBenjen42 Thankies Daena, thankies.

dm1 Thankies, I will try. I've kinda been in a writing rut as of late, internet has taken over my life... lol Glad you enjoyed the story.

VA_Parky Awww, thank you so much for your very sweet reply, it brightened up my day. I was worried Dear Abby wouldn't go out with much of a bang, the last letters seemed dull to me, mesa very happy you don't think so!

Hugs and love, Jasmine @};-

7. Exxaciel

Exxaciel Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    These were good. How'd ya do in the awards?

8. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] Funny to the very end! I laughed my behind off!!! Thanks for coming back to finish this!

9. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Exxaciel Thanks. :) Dear Abby did pretty good in the awards, it got nominated 5 times for best humor, but in the end (shockingly) one of the big mods won. Oh well, I'm just glad it was even in the contest. :)

Jaira Aw thanks, you were here from the begining weren't you? You were a great reader, I enjoyed every one of your sweet comments :D and compliments. ;)

Jasmine @};-

10. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    Thanks for finishing this column. Nice job with each of the characters and you have always made me laugh. Thanks again for all of your hard work!=D=

11. Novahawk9

Novahawk9 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 21, 2005
    Ha ha! Nice job! The cover art is great too!

12. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005

Dear Abby,

I just found this interesting set of articles and now I learned it is completed. I love the advise given to the ones writing in and have applied some of it in my own life.

I bought a pacifier for my inner child and am saving up for counseling. I have given up drooling over Obi-Wan, Han, and most of the cute guys in Star Wars because I discovered they were taken by the writer.

I would like to ask for help with this annoying tick I have when I see Anakin and Padme together but I missed the deadline to ask. -sob sob-

I will go now so as not to annoy the writer. I just had to say I loves the articles.

Nervous tick in Arkansas

13. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Thanks. Dear Abby did pretty good in the awards, it got nominated 5 times for best humor, but in the end (shockingly) one of the big mods won. Oh well, I'm just glad it was even in the contest. That's excellent for a young writer such as yourself! You can be very, very proud to be included with the big mods at this stage of your writing career!=D=

14. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    [face_laugh] omg i just found this and i've been laughing since.. this was fantastic! =D=

15. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    *sigh* is there anyway we could convince you to make a sequel or something? You could always try Hello Heloise... :D

Yay! I have a quote on your coverart! Way cool... loved it btw...

Sad that it is over, but still laughing hysterically...

P.S. Ha! Mara won!

16. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    *blinks* WTF?!?! I'm still getting comments? Awesome!!!

Darth-Buddy: Awww you're so nice!! :D I live to make people laugh, sadly I haven't been able to do it in a long time. :(

Novahawk9: lol Thanks, I have to redo the cover-art though, it just won't stop being fuzzy!! :(

Lea-El: Thanks so much for your awesome letter, I managed to convince the physic ward to let Abby out to write you a reply. :D

Dear Nervous Tick,
    I am most pleased you enjoyed my comments and advice for my incompetent readers, I enjoyed watching their lives spiral into blacks holes of misery. By the way they love the black holes, I'm glad you're applying my advice. :D

You need to consider your obsession with your inner child. You're real/imaginary perception is slightly off if you are buying pacifiers for something I made up to annoy readers. I suggest you get an inner monkey.

And Obi-Wan, Han, and Anakin are no longer hot. You may have them. Annoying tick? Everyone has that. The solution is simple, kill Padmé. :D And you didn't annoy me, because you sent the letter I was permitted out of my cage for an hour, and have tunneled my way to Chicago.

dm1: Aw thank you so much, you are by far my best reader (don't tell Moe ;)). But I don't think I'm going to pursue writing as a career, I believe I am losing my ability to be funny on paper. Plus, it is very confusing. I'm now taking English classes, but they are only confusing me more. One teacher tells me something has to be one way, another has an entirely different opinion! Also, I cannot stand criticism. I know that is not a good trait for a writer, but it is the cold truth. If I make a mistake and someone mentions it, I can't forget it for days. I can't sleep, I can't think, I can't write. It drives me nuts.

I'm thinking about becoming a stand-up comic, but I'm not sure if I have the guts for it. If I do anymore writing, it's probably only going to be online.

Veloz: lol Thank you so much, I love comments like that!! :D

Mystralgurl
    : Actually I have been considering a sequel for some time now, but time itself is the problem. Between work, school, chores, trying to get my driver's license, and forcing myself not to be interested in boys (according to my mom 16 year-old girls are to be interested in nothing but school and work)... well let's just say I have written next to nothing since Dear Abby ended.

lol And I couldn't help but include your comment, it gave me the warm-fuzzies! :D I'm so glad you like the story, and it sad it's over. I really miss writing, well, being able to write lol.

Jasmine @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.