main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge ~ Dear Diary Challenge 2009 ~ Challenge Finished: WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Would it help if we sent them as 'broken links' (I mean, intentionally broken, unlike the last entry I sent! [face_blush]).

Surely we can take the extra few moments to create them when we send you the PM and make it a little easier for you?

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I think she means links to the last entry so the entry can be found quickly and easily. I don't think the link in the list gets updated so a broken link wouldn't help. I could be wrong but that's my understanding.

3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    moosemousse is correct. Don't intentionally break the links. I click on them so I can read everyone's entries (well, when I have time anyway :p ). Since I don't really have time to reply to everyone's diaries, I haven't replied to any of them... I don't want to appear biased, and everyone's diaries are so good (though I do have preferences ;) ).

Also, having the links helps me verify the exact date the diaries are updated. I don't mean to say anyone would cheat, but with everyone being in different time zones, sometimes mistakes are made when I'm PMed with the updates.

4. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    The dates in the index have been changed. I may have missed changing some people's colors and haven't gone through the index to see if i need to send red alerts to anyone yet... i'll try to get to it tomorrow.

5. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    edit: oops I meant to post that somewhere else....nvm >.<

6. CrystalSaber_1

CrystalSaber_1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2008
    Hi, I just noticed a small mistake with the indexing. Although my diary "In Exile, In Love" was updated on 3/18 it is still yellow.

I can only imagine how hard keeping track of all the entries must be, you're doing a great job!

7. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Corrected, and thanks. :)

8. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Just hoping everything is OK - been a while since we've heard from our host... [face_worried]

9. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Oct 23, 2007
    My apologies to everyone for disappearing. I have no good excuse, I just kind of zoned out with co-writing a story and with things with my son, and kept forgetting to sign on to this sock! :oops: I even forgot to post the April Fools Joke I'd planned. Well, there's always next year if you all don't wanna boot me off by then. :p

I will try to get everything caught up this weekend. Because of my neglect, for everyone whose diaries went red during my three(?) week absence, as of right now, you have seven days to post something in your diaries before they're officially dead.

EDIT: This will take longer than expected, as the links to the diaries in the PM's keep making the edit page to the index go to the stories! :( It didn't do that before, when I was doing this regularly... of course, now that I let it slip and have three week's worth to do it, the links aren't working right. :rolleyes: Well, it's my own darned fault.

10. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    [:D] I'm just very glad you're okay, Alexis!

11. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    That's ok. [:D] I know exactly what that's like. I was meant to update my fic over two weeks ago but I kept forgetting. :oops:

Hope all is well. :)

12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Hope everything's okay [:D]

13. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Alexis everything OK?

I want to see more of your lovely fics.

14. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Hey everyone, thanks for your concern. [:D] Yes, everything is okay. I was just concentrating on this story I've been co-writing. It's turned into a proper novel with well over 150,000 words already and 49 chapters plus a prologue and epilogue finished, the 50th chapter in the process of being written, and possibly one or two (or 3 :p ) more chapters before it'll finally be finished.

On top of that, I've been trying to spend more time with my son... he's getting older now, and soon I'm afraid he won't want to hang out with mom.

I just kept forgetting to sign into the diary sock [face_blush]

15. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    I hope you have fun with your son! :D Kids do grow up too fast!

Nice to see that you're around again! :)

16. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Could we have a challenge for April before April ends? [face_batting]

17. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Oct 23, 2007
    Oops! Sorry about that. :oops:

Okay, here's the challenge:

Foolishness

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

Okay, since I zoned out once more and didn't update for over a week, I'm updating all the diaries that are still on the current list (whether or not they've been updated) to today's date. From here on out, I will keep on top of this. I apologize to everyone for my laziness! [face_blush]

This means that everyone's diaries are now green (with the exception to the ones that have 'died' and been put on the terminated list before I zoned out the first time). Consider this a celebration of spring and a new start for everyone as well as a salute to Earth Day. ;)

18. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    :eek: I am one lucky lady!!! [face_dancing]

I've been ill and haven't gotten much done lately. I dreaded coming here today, sure that at least one of my diaries was terminated. So I'm all happy now :D

But I guess I better keep on top of them from now on [face_worried]

19. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Thanks for the second chance! DRL was really sithly lately but maybe now I'll get my drive back...

20. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    I will start using the new numbering and what forum when I update.

You're doing a great job!!!

Go green!!!

21. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Oct 23, 2007
    Okay, so I won't forget it, here is next month's challenge so you may contemplate how you can fit it into your story. ;)

Maybe

22. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I'm disappointed no one commented on my clever mini-challenge. :p

Actually, I'm just upping this to make sure everyone sees the thread is still up and running ;)

23. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I was getting all panicky as I've not updated my fic in ages. I seem to be safe though, but not for long. [face_worried]

24. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Finals have sapped any creative juices. I haven't abandoned my diary, but it is on hold until next friday. Then I'll resume regular updates.

25. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I've been refraining from commenting, or I would have. I like the challenge... has a LOT of interesting connatations. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.