main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge ~ Dear Diary Challenge 2009 ~ Challenge Finished: WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    So...

What's going on with the Dear Diary Challenge?

Aren't there supposed to be reminder PM's when you don't update on time? I tend to forget the deadlines and I haven't updated in like a month.
    No reminder PM.

And the index hasn't been updated in a while either.

I was just wondering. ;)

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    It's been updated. Just look at the date of the last edit on the index post. I forget to change the date in the subject line of the first thread. I have been lax on the changing of colors and sending PM's... forgot what the date was [face_blush]

3. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    I have updated the index, colors and all. I'm sorry to say that I culled the diaries that have gone over a month w/o being updated. They're in the terminated list. There are some really good diaries in that list, I'm sorry to see them become ineligible for voting. :(

mavjade will be helping me with the indexing now, too.Thanks :)

4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    So many gone - how sad!

5. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    WOW it is sad to see all those diaries go! Too bad!

6. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Can't say that I think terminating all the diaries is fair because it's stated in the rules that you get at least one reminder PM when you've missed an update.

And MsLanna updated her diary yesterday. ;)

7. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Oct 23, 2007
    My apologies. Yes, I did fail to send out PM's. However, I won't automatically give 'pardons' to those who haven't updated. After I post this, I will send out PM's to all those affected. They have 4 days to respond to the PM, and after responding, they have a week to update their diaries. I will move the diaries of those who respond to my PM up to their appropriate era's, and change it to green once they're updated. Ceillean, I've already put your diary up to the appropriate era, as you're the one who gave me a kick in the pants. ;)

I just don't feel too guilty about sending most of those diaries to the terminated list as the majority of authors didn't even respond when I announced the 'jubilee'.

Ah, so she did. She forgot to PM me, but I've corrected it. Thanks for telling me. :D

If anyone else has updated their diaries and have been put on the terminated list accidentally because I wasn't informed of the update, please, let me know so I may put it to rights.

8. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    [face_shhh] Ce.
    I was intending to slink out nonchalantly...

9. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Oct 23, 2007
    [face_laugh] Too late, the deed is done ;)

10. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Oct 23, 2007
    Wow, I'm getting a better response this time from the authors of the un-updated diaries than I did for the "Jubilee" announcement. You all really should visit this thread more often. :p

Oh, and I forgot to give the June mini challenge.

So, here it is [trumpetfanfare]

JUNE Mini-challenge:

Water

Or for those who prefer something more challenging:

Here are some required words that should be included in one entry: balmy, desiccate, extemporaneous.

Extra kudos given to those who include both mini-challenges. :D

[/trumpetfanfare]

EDIT: I didn't mean to double post. I thought I'd hit the edit button. :oops:

11. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Oh...I got mixed up and thought the diaries had to be updated before midnight tonight.
    I'm sorry. :(

12. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Oct 23, 2007
    It was yesterday by midnight. Aw, you didn't post because of the confusion? :(

13. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Right. Oh well, at least I have learned my lesson for next year's competition, in addition to the fact that I should check this thread regarding the challenges. I had no idea that there was one set for each month. [face_blush]

14. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Oct 23, 2007
    Yeah, there's always next year [:D]

As far as the monthly challenges, they are optional. You don't have to incorporate them into your diary if you don't want to. These are just meant to stimulate those who need a little ideas for their entries. The mini-challenges are supposed to be fun, and are not required to be eligible for voting at the end of the year. If the opposite were so, those who have already finished writing their diaries or have written several months ahead and are just waiting to post them are in trouble. ;)

15. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Aren't we due for another update?

16. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Oct 23, 2007
    The index has been updated. Please note, that even if the subject bar isn't updated, the index most likely has been. Though the past week or so I was remiss as I kept forgetting to log onto this sock when I was helping with the "Beyond" awards (who knew putting noms into a spreadsheet would take so long [face_blush] ).

Here is the July mini-challenge:

Capital/Capitol

or

Midsummer Night's Dream

EDIT: What month are we in again? I'd originally put June :oops: [face_laugh]

17. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    So, we're nearly seven months into the challenge. Is it too late to hope for new readers?

18. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    Red....

I better get some inspiration from somewhere to get an update in. [face_worried] :( [face_beatup]

19. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Knock Knock - 5 unopened PMs....

20. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Make that 6 [face_whistling]

21. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    I've posted at least three times since the date shown next to my diary.... Hello?

22. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    I've also posted at least once since the date on mine has been updated! [face_worried]

23. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    knock, knock, where is the august challenge?

24. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Alexis, are you still running this?

25. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    I too have updated twice since the date posted. :confused: (however I think one of those times I forgot to PM the sock [face_blush])

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.