main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge ~ Dear Diary Challenge 2010 ~ And the winner is...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Last year you could still join at this time but the diary was eligible for votes at the end of the year.

2. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Ce, I hope you meant to post 'were not eligible'...o_O
    Because then it's true.
    Yes, you can still enter.
    No, the diary will not be eligible for winning.

Also, the sock needs discussion topics and ideas. Pm it, people. Please.[face_batting]

3. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Yep, indeedy, I meant was not eligible.

I was sleepy when I typed this. :p

Guess what? My muse is back! :D Just not where I wanted her to be. [face_laugh]

4. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    Have a great Baba Marta, you all! :D

New month, new mini-challenge: anchors
    or, as my typo clams anchovies :oops:

5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I know we're not allowed to promote our own fics, but how about promoting other peoples' fics?

6. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I don't mind at all, just make sure you get my name right. That's Exeter with three 'e's!

7. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Do you mean in this thread?
    I'd say it'd be unfair if just one story got promoted, even if it was not your own.
    In a 'promote somebody else's story' kind of game, I see no problem.

8. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Goofball. :p

9. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    So, for the anchor challenge... What kind of anchor are we talking about here? A boat anchor, a holonet anchor, a emotional "anchor"? Or can it be anyone of the above? :D

Not trying to make it complicated or anything, I just want to make sure I have the parameters clear. ;)

~Celeste

10. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    How about a 'story of the week' type thing? Maybe two stories could be highlighted a week with the writers answering a few questions, possibly getting a comment from a reader or two. That way everyone would get to say how awesome their fic is.

If it's an anchor then it's good, is my interpretation.

11. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    What moose said, Celsete. Any kind of anchor is fine. Metaphoricall anchor is fine, too or anything that might anchor somebody somewhere, be it just in reality. If you can find a fixed expression or anything with the challenge word in it, you can use that just fine, too. Be creative and have fun!:D

Truth be told, I don't think I can be bothered with a story of the week. Bi-weekly maybe.[face_thinking]
    Plus, I am not going to chose the stories for myself, I'll expect suggestions. The story with most suggestions will be featured, each story gets to be featured only once, and only if the story you voted for has been featured are you allowed to suggest another story.

Am I making sense? :confused:

If not, I'll try to clear up the mess next week. I will be on a net-less holiday and am leaving the index in the caring hands of Ceillean. =D=
    (I know where you live, girl, don't mess this up.:p )

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I think I understand. We nominate a fic to be featured. If the fic we nominated is the featured fic then we get to nominate another fic. If the fic we've nominated isn't the featured fic then we can't nominate another. If a fic is the featured fic then it can't be nominated again. That seems fair and reasonable. The only question is where do we send out nominations?

13. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Oct 23, 2007
    Nobody even clamouring for the mini-challenge anymore?

Oh welll; this month it shall be Resignation then. :p

14. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Oct 23, 2007
    So, how does your diary look?
    One third of the time is done. is your story finished to a third? Expanded beyond what you intended? Sarted down a completely different track from what you wanted?

And how does you muse look and your motivation?

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Mine has stayed very much on track timing and plot wise. I've loved introducing more angst and OCs which have/will appear in stand alone viggies. :D

The motivation is up there still because of the intense love I have for the characters -- they demand to be written about [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

;)

Hope all the other diarists are chugging along too! So many fun/riveting ones to read!

@};-

:D

16. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    The time-line is settled for all three diaries. I know what to post when and where it is taking place.

Kaagi Adin's diary will follow the events in Aaquilin and Darrin and beyond that.
    Marhin Adin's will follow the events after ROTJ and far beyond and he has some nice events.
    And Yoda. See you will;) Nu trouble she gives. Archiving diaries she will.

17. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I don't actually have a plan for mine. :p However, I have been able to improvise successfully so far, and I have an idea of what some future events will be, so I would say that things are going fairly well.

18. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Eh. I kinda jumped into this diary without having a set feeling on where it should go, so I take it post by post, as the Muse dictates. And right now the Muse is worn out from all the papers I've had to write for school 8-}

19. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Yeah, started down a completely different track from where I started. ;) Which is a good thing, really.
    My muse won't shut up. [face_laugh]

It's so lovely when she talks to me. ;)

20. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I don't know how things will progress at all. All I know is that I'll wrap things up nicely at the end of the year. :)

21. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    The muse is on vacation and RL is being incredibly demanding. I really don't know where the diary is headed and except for a couple of humor scenes, I don't know what I'm doing with these guys. I think that my diary may go out not with a bang but a whimper.:(

22. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Looks like I'll be finishing this up on my own schedule. :oops: You would not BELIEVE the kind of month I've had. I thought that being on a non-crazy schedule was supposed to make things easier! So much for that... :p Still, I'm rather attached to the idea behind my diary, so I'll be continuing it as I'm able.

23. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Oct 23, 2007
    MsLanna says her diary is lagging behind, but the 5,000 page HP fic she found is doing very well in reviving her interest in continuing her story. Well, after she read all the 5,000 pages that is.
    Life is not perfect. :p

Mini-Challegne for May: Tabula Rasa

24. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    :eek:

No way...did you seriously read all 5000 pages?

25. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Not yet. [face_blush]
    Still got 3,500 to go. But I feel very inspired.[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.