main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge ~ Dear Diary Challenge 2010 ~ And the winner is...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    Mini-Challenge: things that go squee in the night
    :p

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    [face_laugh]

I like that challenge! I'm hoping MsLanna does it with her Harry Potter fic. :D

3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    [face_mischief] Been there, done that.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    My lady protagonist has been there and done that too Ceil. What can I say--our ladies are BLESSED -- Serious. =P~ =P~ =P~

5. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I am too young to go squee in the night, moose. :p
    Maybe - naw too late to go squee for getting duvets... and too soon to make Draco go squeal. [face_mischief]
    *imagines Draco making noises as if somebody stepped on a hamster and sniggers*

But I took the hint: no more challenges with mushy implications. :p

6. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I kind of feel like my diary is losing steam, it's almost hard coming up with new updates and I don't really know where it's going either. :(

7. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Mine's going fine. [face_dancing]

I actually have too much story to tell. :p Hence the weekly updates.

8. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Oct 23, 2007
    Halftime!
    Congrats to everybody still in the challenge.
    Want to share anything? Feel free. :D

Mini-Challenge of July: half-full or half-empty?

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I'm having a *blast* ... this wonderful diary has spawned a letter series spin off as well as post-diary timeframe viggies.

[face_dancing]

[face_dancing]

Squee!!!!!

10. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Things seem to have gone from 'aarrgghh! fail!' to me writing ahead. I have no idea how this happened . .

11. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    I'm not doing as well keeping up with my diary this time. Luckily the whole thing is written. I write at the beginning of the year and then post throughout. It's the posting that I'm bad at this time around. LOL Should probably mark it on my datebook so that I remember to post twice a month.

12. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    My diary is pretty much on a once-a-month update schedule just to stay in it. My focus has been pretty locked into another Beyond the Saga pilot-centric fic I've had in the works since January.

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I've got mine mostly written but haven't posted in a while. I've been playing hooky and having a great time. :p But I'm sure I'll get all of it posted. Eventually. It doesn't matter if it's eligible or not, I just had fun writing it. :D

14. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Oh, fun is what it's all about. :D I tried a Diary one year, but it's not my kind of format. I've been playing hooky with costumes and a little 'mid-life' crisis amusement.

15. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    My diary is fine, I just want more readers! :_|

16. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    My diaries are doing great. All is planned to the posts in december. And readers? I have a few too but I just love to write and come up with new plotlines, also for my big stories.

17. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Oct 23, 2007
    Well, you can never have too many readers. Too bad that some diaries don't get them. [:D]
    Will that stop anybody?
    Half of the time is over by now, half of the road managed, half he posts written and posted.
    How does that feel? How is the motivation affected by that?

How did the characters change (expected and unexpected) in that time?

18. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    My motivation has dropped to nearly zero. But maybe that's just my current state of mind, who knows?

Getting up early Sunday mornings and having tea and cupcakes while typing up a new world...that's what I need. :p

19. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Kepp the 6th or 7th reserved for me and some tea and cupcakes. [face_batting] We shall have such fun! [face_dancing]

Currently I like the challenge. I think that is because I get to some interesting parts: Snape, Erised, detention with Filch - what's not to like???? [face_love]

The other diary (TRIDU) is not going that well. Since I left the stage of the books I find it difficult to retain direction. :oops: Plus, somebody nommed me for every single friggin category (okay, almost) for the awards. If that was you Ce.... :mad:

20. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I only nominated you once. :p

And yep, I shall keep open the sixth AND seventh. Tea and cupcakes and cakes. Can hardly wait. :D

21. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    I think at this point the diary is coming along as it should (although not as expected). I don't write ahead, no matter how many times I resolve myself to, so when you read an update you know it's hot of the presses, and was only hashed out a few days prior. In Last of the Old, I initially thought, "I'll just through a lot of $*&@ against the wall and see what sticks...", which in hindsight didn't work all that well.

I eventually came up with a story arch tha works, but it's nice not knowing how to get to that point by letting the characters guide the story(ies). It's very liberating in a way. :)

22. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    I've let my character guide the story, finally getting in the depth of the story that is needed. Halfway point has seemed a long time coming, but it's been a great adventure.

23. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I have been just 'winging it,' but I finally got around to making an outline last night. Hopefully, this will let me write the chapters ahead of time so that I'll have some ready when NaNo comes around. :D

24. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Wow. There aren't very many diaries left in the challenge. :(

25. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I should update mine but I've just been so tired lately that I can't think of anything to write. [face_tired]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.