Challenge ~*~ Dear Diary Challenge 2011 ~*~ Mini Challenge is up for Aug :D

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Dec 14, 2010.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Announcement: I am taking over as host for the diary thread. Due to DRL Ceillean is stepping down. If you have any questions please feel free to pm me

I hope we all get along :)
  2. Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I just updated the index

I hope I got it all :)
  3. Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Question. My diary is out of competition, has been for a couple of months, but since I want to finish it, can I still post update notifications here?

[face_batting]

4. Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    August mini challenge is up :D

I remember that the prevsious host did not want to have post updated posts here. I'll have to ask her first and get back to you on that. Have you thought asking if people wanted to be a on a pm list? Just a thought. Let me ask the previous host and I'll get back to you.
  5. Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I retract the question. I was just to lazy to use my PM list the other day. Shame on me. :p

And I don't care what Ce says, I - *ducks* - just kidding! :p
  6. Etain Jedi Knight

star 3
    Maybe you want to hear a few pointed words from me about it? o_O
    [face_mischief]
    :p
  7. Etain Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am now finishing As this Comes To Be after all. It may be moved into the out of competition section.[face_batting]

And, seeing the pace of the conversation here - maybe I can ask aleady how things look for Challenge participants and NaNo?
    Plans to join it this year? Plans how to keep the diary going during November?
  8. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    My two diaries are completed and will be posted regularly because I will try Nano. And for next year I have ideas (hinted at in Reunion)
  9. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Even though I am finished all my entries for my diary, I don't have any plans to do NaNo. With a bunch of papers due in November and exams in December, there is NO way I'll be able to do it.
  10. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I've finished my entries, but I'm not doing Nano. It's a bad month in the States because Thanksgiving celebrations are (for me, anyway) 5-6 days long. And as a student, I'll already be panicky enough about getting my final projects done and studying for exams with an enforced week away from school. So maybe after I graduate and it's not an issue.
  11. JediMara77 Force Ghost

star 4
    I've still got a few more entries to write, but the last few are completed. I don't know if I'm going to do Nano, as I've got friends coming into town in November, but I just might try to get 50k banged out in my current trilogy. We'll see how I feel when it gets close. :p

Is it wrong that I've already got next year's diary planned out?
  12. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Lol. I hope not. I have had plans in my head for next year's diary since Febuary, though, I probably won't be doing a diary in 2012. I am now in University and my fanfics are suffering because of it. Plus, I have plans to continue my current diary storyline in a vignette series in January. I just have so many plot bunnies and not enough time to write.
  13. Etain Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dear Diary Challenge Sock.
    I will cease to send you pms about my updates until you open the last 4/5 ones.

I know what I want to do for enxt years diary, but since I have to do some planning and research, I intend to start thinking about the plot and outline some time around Christmas. Considering the resonance here I might even take it to ff.n completely and spare me the effort here. [face_blush]
  14. Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I think it's great that you all have plans for next year already.

I updated the index. Let me know if I have missed something.

sorry about skipping but my life turned hectic all of a sudden when my boss said I have a new position for you and training went for two months and by the time I got out of work, so tired of looking at the computer.

Anyways....

A reminder please pm me, you will make my life a lot easier if you do.

Etain I read your 3/5 pms in my box o_O you over exagerated the fourth one which was non existent :p

15. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Just a reminder, the challenge is slowly coming to end and the voting process begins January 1 2012 and will run for the first two weeks. Get ready to vote for your favorite fic.

I will be putting up the next challenge thread within the next week or two so we can begin to make plans to start the process all over again next year :D

16. JediMara77 Force Ghost

star 4
    Just thought I'd leave a note here - I completed my diary today. Hooray!
  17. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    My diary too, has also been finished! Out of four Mara diaries this year, two made it till the end - I say we did pretty well this year! Go Mara!
  18. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    My Adin diaries are complete too
  19. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    When I started the other thread, I've been updating the index there instead of here.

http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/32006034/p1

It's been noted :)
  20. whiskers Force Ghost

star 4
    I've finished mine as well. I can't believe that I was able to complete the challenge. Congrats to all that did.
  21. Lane_Winree Force Ghost

star 4
    I've got my last post in the hopper and ready to post tomorrow. Can't believe it's been a year.
  22. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Glad to hear it Lane :)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade