main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge ~*~ Dear Diary Challenge 2011 ~*~ Mini Challenge is up for Aug :D

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    OR *SCS - Screaming Character Syndrome.

I already decided what I want to start with, and going to update both of my ST 2009 fics at the same time.

My resolution for 2011: start writing outlines for my stories so I can actually write them

And Nat: I'm doing NWSFF for my diary!

2. Volund_Starfire

Volund_Starfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2006
    I hate SCS... when they keep poking you in the front of the brain while you are trying to do homework or other important things.

So, now I am unsure if I want to do my Before the Saga Jedi story or my Saga Pilot story... One is a character I have played in practically every RPG that has anything to do with SW, the other is based on the three costumes I use for 501st, RL, and MMCC...

3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Easy.

Do both. :p

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I approve so very much :D

[face_laugh] I was just about to say that, Ceillean :D

5. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Nat: Thanks.

My characters like screaming at me, especially at prudent times like when I'm trying to sleep. *sigh*

Well they will get their wish to be noticed very soon

6. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    The screaming characters...so evil.

But I know the feeling. [face_plain] And they won't shut up until you write what they want you to write.

7. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
  8. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Blech. I just realized I'm writing three long term stories, Two Three posts, Just said I'd do someone's Fan-gift cause no one else will, I'm doing a quote story, and I have another plot bunny that just will not die!

*Whimper*

I'm going to this Diary anyway though even if it kills me.

I think I went crazy.

9. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    I'm going to try to participate this year. I really want to begin writing again. I have an OC in mind for this challenge. I'm using him in my very neglected saga fic, "The Legacy". It's not going to be set in that story because I want to keep it as canon as possible. I really hope I can go the entire year.

10. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    One more question before we start...

Will the diary be a "year" in the character's life, or can it span over several years?

11. Volund_Starfire

Volund_Starfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2006
    It can span several.

As for writing both... I still have Heroes of the Old Republic to write, as well as class work, game testing, therapist for friends, and I have to fit eating/showering/costume building in there somewhere.

12. Etain

Etain Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2008
    The diary can span as many years as you like.
    And it is also not unheard of that a diary refuses to comply and needs to be written over a longer time than a year, too. ;)

Sooo~ cover art anybody?
    Seeing how we're not supposed tow rite yet but that stupid Muse keeps shouting at me *tries to kick her muse*
    I made a cover for the story. :oops:

[image=http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn128/wuehlkuschler/Cover%20Art/WhispersCover.jpg]

Also, the idea keeps growing and growing and is now twice as complicated as expected.
    Yes, Death Watch will do that to you. [face_plain]

13. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    I am so itching to write!!!

Well I am off on the first so I can write then!!!

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, yes master jay and I'm itching to read!!!!

Jim Kirk is so -- Correllian [face_laugh] -- does 10 impossible things before breakfast without even blinking :* And he doesn't take any cow puckey from no one! [face_laugh] [face_dancing]

15. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Jim is that and Audrey...well she do just about anything except for engineering. Yeah Audrey is Corellian too!

She'd break too much stuff.

LOL! This is gonna be fun!

16. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    I have this somewhat twisted intention to undertake this project as if it were a historical text, with the diary entries framed as the focus of a larger document about a major project. Partly I want to do this to increase the realism of the entries, so I don't have to put a lot of exposition within them, but it also seems like a fun experimental idea (and I keep trying to write the foreword in my head).

17. QueenArdnassak

QueenArdnassak Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 30, 2009
    I'm in... again! :D

18. Etain

May 11, 2008
    Okay, another question, because it just occured to em that I know my characters is scrwany bit of person looking years younger than she is, but how can I tell the reades when she is not really aware of the fact? I consider doing it in dilaogue but I am unhappy with the solution.:(

19. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Is there a mirror your character could look into? Or maybe a glass window she fleetingly passes and she sees her reflection?

20. Etain

May 11, 2008
    There might, but she just wouldn't apply words like 'tiny bit of person, scrawny, entirely too thin, and looking like she's still 17 though alredy 25' to herself. She just wouldn't think of it that way.[face_plain]

21. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    How about making someone tell her that she looks like that, and then she records it in her diary? I guess she wouldn't believe it was true any more than before, and so there'd be no reason for the readers to believe it, but it'd give you the opportunity to describe her that way.

22. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm in and I know what I want to write too

23. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Hello..Padme taken yet?

24. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    *shrugs* No clue. And it doesn't matter. :) Write what you want to write.

25. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    I'm planning on doing this in NSWFF (Harry Potter). I'm using Ron Weasely. I'm planning on a comedic entry. :p

How are you getting ready for the Diary? Notes? Outlines?
    Or are you just going to start writing whatever comes to mind?

I play it out in my head like a movie, like I do with all my fics. I occasionally scribble down notes if something comes to mind.

As for the beginning? I'm not sure if I want to start right after Deathly Hallows or move forward a few years. I have the first line planned out, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.