main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge ~*~ Dear Diary Challenge 2011 ~*~ Mini Challenge is up for Aug :D

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etain

Etain Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2008
    I have WoW planned out pretty much. As things stand it'll end up with 40 updates, give or take two. If I post weekly as I do, I'll drop out just ebfore the end. :oops: All I can do I hope for life being a bugger, or me being evil sometimes and post biweekly. [face_blush]
    The writing - I wrote so much at the beginning, I just couldn't stop. Now work is slower but that is oaky because I have so much already. It is mostly filling in gaps and tying in things that came to me later. Like characters who suddenly insisted on a very different role than I wanted. *glares*

ATCTB is more difficult. I have a inde whare it will go. :D
    I have a few postst almost done, but not much. So write as you post will catch up with me on that sooner or later. Seeing how much ground I have to cover, weekly updates would be in order, though. I just hope, It won't drop off my radar. I really like the story line.

2. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Love... oh this is going to be fun.[face_mischief]

I haven't written ahead at all. I keep meaning to, but it just hasn't happened yet. It's important to the plot to keep within certain times of the year, so that should help with pacing.

3. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Oh I can do love.

I'm trying not to outpace myself. I have the scenarios along with the plotline in my head, and will write it when the times comes. Sometimes when I sit down, my muse tells me nope, sorry we are doing this Shannon.

I am going to have a ongoing plot with this one, that will possibly lead into another epic next year. And I will still have flashbacks to my story now, and other stuff.

4. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I was going to try to do an entry once a week, but I decided to cut back to every other week instead, so I don't run out of steam. I get really into stories when I first start writing them, and then once I've been working on them for awhile, I usually am just ready to be done. So I don't want to run out of steam.

My story needs a slow burn up to the main plot point, which won't happen until October or November, so I have a lot of time for fun antics until then. :D

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I have the outlines for twice a month planned for the whole year but real life events can sneak in and have me writing more

And love for the second mini challenge:)[face_love]

6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Ah, Love. I've already got something incorporated into one of February's posts to fit the challenge.

As for my pace, I'm HOPING to do an update every week, but I already know some weeks are going to have a short post, or skipped completely (because of RL). I may change this to once every two weeks later if I find that I don't have enough material, but my updates are pretty short IMO, so I think I'll have enough material to do 45 or so updates... or so I hope, now I'm looking at the number and I'm scared....

7. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
  8. Volund_Starfire

Volund_Starfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2006
    I have been pretty consistent with my weekly posts. This one is going to be a bit late because of an Armor Party, but otherwise, I have half of the year already planned out. The rest is fillers between major plot points and are fairly easy to do as well.

As for love, those actually begin with this week and will add it in for the next couple of weeks. It should be fun for the next forty-eight posts.

9. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010

So far so good, for the most part. I'm still almost twenty days ahead on the entries themselves, and the commentary part only takes a few minutes each day. I'm trying to get into a period of greater stability for my protagonist, so her entries can finally take on something resembling ordinary routine, but that's still a ways ahead.

10. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    I've been staying pretty well caught up. I'm definately enjoying the experiance!

11. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    Things are going pretty well for my diary thus far. Got two updates done in pretty quick succession last month and the response to a tale about a pretty minor EU character has been rather overwhelming.

I have a rough idea of where Downward Spiral is going to go, but this is probably going to be one of the most organic fics I've ever written. I'm probably going to stay at a two updates per month pace, mostly because this diary as a whole is becoming pretty dark and emotional in a hurry. It can be somewhat of a downer to write because the subject matter is so serious.

Edit: A few days late, but my response for the January prompt "Snow" is now up. I needed to push this post back a few days to space out my updates right :)

12. Etain

Etain Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2008
    I need to sit down and do some work on my secondary diary.
    It does have more readers than my actual work, so there is motivation there. Who'd have thought how soon a month is over. :oops: But the entries are very short, so I should managed to get on with it.

13. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm finding myself in the same position as Etain, my diary is getting way more readers than my current other, long-fic. The only time I've gotten more readers are on vignettes/one post challenge responses. It's nice. So that is definitely going to be my motivation to get to the end of the year.

14. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
  15. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I'm not officially part of this, but I've piggybacked onto The1stJediPrincess's diary to show "the other side. Hello, There, the great Qui-Gon Jinn's learner's diary -whew, that's a mouthful.

1stJP: this is fun, waiting for your post then trying to write the other "side." Thank you for making it superbly easy - you hand me inspiration with every post.

16. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I'll put the diary up in the Index under "Out of competition" :)

17. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002

I have several entries written up already, I do plan to try and pace myself a little but I don't think I should run out of steam. I was kind of wondering about that myself when I saw others updating a couple of times a week.

18. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    I'm going to put forward Days 46 and 47 as my contribution to the 'love' challenge (though there's not a lot of love there).

19. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    My life has been too hectic and my diary has fallen way behind. Hopefully things will calm down, and not as in 'the calm before the storm'. [face_tired]

20. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
  21. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    Next Mini Challenge is up for who ever would like to use it.

Thief.

It can literally be a thief of anything. For the mushy people out there, it could be a thief who stole someone's heart.
    Or it could be a thief who stole something valuable worth tons of credits.

Let your muse lead the way.

[face_peace]

22. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Ooh, I like that. :D

23. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
  24. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Just to let you know, I haven't had the chance to update the index.

My computer literally started screaming at me and lo and behold, started smoking and that was it. :_| So now I only have a little itty bitty netbook and it's tedious work trying to get anything done with a miniature screen.

I'm hoping the computer will be fixed this weekend.

Or else I'll be very unhappy. :p

25. Volund_Starfire

Volund_Starfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2006
    Almost three months into the journal process, how goes your journaling?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.