main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge ~*~ Dear Diary Challenge 2011 ~*~ Mini Challenge is up for Aug :D

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    I've finally updated the index. :D

Goodness, bunch of work. ^^

So...how're the diaries going? Still having fun?

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Mine is dying! :_| You'd think that being unemployed and with nothing to do I'd actually have several months of entries written in advance, but nope, I'm losing tracking of days and keep forgetting to update and stuff. :(

3. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Oct 23, 2007
    So...are you guys bored? Or is there another reason no one's visiting this thread to have a chat or two? [face_batting]

How're your diaries going? Is it tough keeping up with the updating schedule?
    Tell us about your experiences over the past few weeks?

Aaaaaaaaaannnnddd...new mini challenge!

It's April. In my part of the world it's warm and sunny. And Easter is on the way. Colorful Easter with eggs and bunnies.

So...*thinks* Mini Challenge...[face_thinking]

Well, we could have done this back in February but I think we'll go with Butterflies this time around.

So...butterflies in the stomach, butterflies flying around outside because it's warm and sunny (maybe this way you can chase away the snow...if you still have snow, that is). I think the Star Wars equivalent would be flitterflies?

Butterflies in a painting, butterflies in the woods...whatever your muse wants, let her lead the way.

4. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Mine's going a bit slow, at least on the writing side. I've seen my reserves go steadily downward in the past two months.

5. Etain

Etain Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2008
    No problems with the less popular one.

Hit a roadblock with the other. :oops: Ah well, got the end written for that so I might just get my sorry butt up and write the middle too. Or so I hope.

6. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    One diary my muse is hyperactive with. It's like all my muse wants to do is NWSFF.

The other not so much. It's kinda hit or miss with the SW one. It depends on if the muse is in a Star Wars mood or not.

7. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008

Yeah I find that when I haven't worked in forever my muse dies too. It's weird you'd think that with all the extra time you would be able to write more.

8. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    No schedule for me, just watching the deadlines. :p Aside from recent time constraints, the problem I'm having is pacing. There's something that would be really amusing, but needs to wait.

9. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    So, I'm curious. Is it possible to start this challenge even though it's already April?

10. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I wrote a schedule for myself. I was finding it hard to do a post a week so I cut back to once every other week. I've got my year planned out, now I just gotta write the entries every two weeks. I'm having an absolute blast doing this.

11. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    You alright Ceillean? Cause you haven't updated the master list in a long time.

12. Etain

May 11, 2008
    She's got problem with the net. Can only use it from the mobile or something.
    And updating the index is nothing you'd want to do from a mobile. [face_beatup]

13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I think my pacing is going okay. I've got plenty of ideas for future entries 8-} I just need t sit down and write.

14. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    No problems at all with the two diaries. Both have entries up to december.
    The one in beyond will become exciting with Jacen and more

And the one in before will have humor and mush mixed with exciting entries.

15. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I'm kinda sorta back. *sighs*

I swear to God I'm beyond frickin' annoyed. I'm going stir crazy here without access to the outside world. :p

I went out and bought a surf stick today so I should have the index updated by tonight.

[face_peace]

16. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Oct 23, 2007
    The Index has finally been updated. :D

Just to let you know.

So we're four months into the challenge. How're you guys doing?

I gave up my diary, as some of you have already noticed. The updating schedule didn't suit the every day turmoil I call life and plus, other fanfics got in between. Highly annoying but I'm planning on finishing the story on a later date.

I need to stick to my fanfic resolutions, dammit. :p

17. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Doing great and both Adin's should be green. I have plots for them up to december and update every 14 days

18. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    Mine seems to be going all right, I slowed down the pacing a little, but readers seem to be getting annoyed at how I'm dragging things out... We're not even at midway people! :p Plus it kind of contains spoilers for another story or two I'm working on. ;)

19. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Mine is going alright. I`ve slowed down my pacing, much to the annoyance of my readers. I have updates already written for the next few weeks and I have plenty of ideas.

Also, I already have a plan for next year`s diary... is this a good or a bad thing?

20. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I've got all my diary entries planned out for the year. You'll laugh, you'll cry, it'll become a part of you. It'll be better than Cats. You'll want to read it again and again and again.

21. Etain

May 11, 2008
    My computer has crashed and nees a complete reboot.
    No updates on anything until that is done.
    Fortunately I have saved all my data before it was too late. *phew*

22. Volund_Starfire

Volund_Starfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2006
    I just finished a deadline for a novel I had to turn in, so I have a little more time now to update... FINALLY!!!

My muse has A.D.D., though. Besides doing a little work on my journal (though not a full chapter), I have also been in the process of making a little something new. I'm creating a new version of the Star Wars RPG that I plan to submit to Uncle George for approval. Besides that, my fantasy story has been poking the inside of my brain a lot recently.

However, Flyboy will be flying again, soon!

23. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I have the exact opposite problem. If they want to, readers of my entry can be spoiled to their hearts content. That's kind of an issue when you use an RPG character, I guess. Come to think of it, I probably shouldn't have said that... Oh, well.

As for pacing, I really need to do what I've been planning for a while and actually write out the last few chapters, so I can tell exactly how much I have to "pad" the diary out to fill the remainder of the year. I know that some of my entries will even have to be split into multiple parts due to their size. (A lot happened in one day a couple of times in that game, I will tell you all that...)

24. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I echo this query. I'd like to become a bit more active in my writing, and this seems like a good way to do so.

25. Etain

May 11, 2008
    You can.
    But the diary will be out of the competition. Meaning you can't win the challenge in the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.