main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dear Diary Challenge 2014 - Writing on pages - OCs, mentions of Canon characters AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Misty, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Hi, I decided to attempt to do the Dear Diary challenge.

OCs most likely will reign in this with mentions of Canon characters.

EDIT Takes place in m mainstream AU.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sixth day into the New Year ABY - 25

Dear Mai,

It feels good to be back on Coruscant after visiting my family on Tiston but at the same time overwhelming. When the I was discovered two years ago on an average planet in a rural community Coruscant was shocking by it’s sheer size. My whole community could easily live in several floors of the space scrapers.

I have been given assigned to a Master to help further my training: Master Karai Shade. Master Shade seems to be nice and we seem to get along.

Usually I would keep a journal on a datapad or a data card but Mas my Master says that you learn a llot lot about a person from their handwriting. She also said something abot about learning how to speel spell properly and not have a computer automatically correct it or tell you.that it’s incorrect.

So right now I am sitting in the little suite my Master and I will call home until I am promoted to Knight writing in a lined flimisplast notebook.

Blast, I’m going to be late for my first class today if I don’t get going!

Sincerily, Aditi

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I decided to mix things up by not correcting misspelled words and crossing some words out to give authenticity of what happens when you write on paper.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    What's this thing called 'Writing by hand'? lol! I'm glad I have a computer, you would never be able to decipher my writing. Nice start to your Diary.

AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Interesting start, more soon

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Ewok_Slayer writing by hand can be fun but some of us do have handwriting that looks like a monkey wrote it or someone sleep deprived wrote it or lightning struck a bunch o fpens.

Falcon Thank you! :)

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ABY 25

I am so MAD!!! I HATE Slitherers!!! Some idiot brought two Slitherers back from an outing and they fell on me during my Galactic History Class.

I hope the rule breaker gets rank raked over the coals!!

Later

Master Shade ordered me to calm down and meditate before I upset everyone in the Halls of Healing with my distress. I have a great fear of Slitherers or snakes as they are called in most of the galaxy. My family would joke the only person with a greater fear of Slitherers is Coruscant Antilles the famous archeologist from the Holo Drama series with the same name.

I had been in Galactic History Class learning about different events when I felt a warning in the Force but I am not experienced enough to know why it was feeling it or where the danger was. Two Slitherers fell from an open vent in an air pipe and landed on me. EVERYTHING went to Chaos in a Berry Basket.

I gave a Force Scream and sent out a Force Wave before I went hysterical.

A Healer had to restraint me for the trip to the Halls of Healing. I am told that I am lucky that the Slitherers or Crystal Snakes vemon venom sacks hadn’t refilled or I would have passed out when they bit me.

All of the students in the classroom at the time have some injuries from my loss of control as well as two toddlers that were bit by the Slitherers, two Masters for tramua trauma from the incident with the toddlers and a few other students were injured coming into the classroom during my meltdown.

We aren’t allowed exotic pets or pets that are bigger than a pitten. Most of us have had a on point or other a large cage containing several Hyren Gerbils. Hyren Gerbils are easily trained and don’t wander too far from food which makes it easy ot to recapture escaped and frightened ones.

Now that I am calmer I sill still hope that they give the one(s) responsible for the Crystal Snakes being in the Temple receive a suitable punishment.

I will have ot work on my anger but it doesn’t change the fact that I HATE Slitherers. Chaos can have the SLitherers!

Sincerely Aditi

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a deep fear of snakes. I can’t see them in person, it’s touch and go in a picture and I have had to look away or open another tab/window if they appear in a movie/TV Show.

I will hopefully be posting the first chapter in a new fic which is part of my Main Stream AU.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Snakes…why'd it have to be snakes. :p

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I do not like anything that even remotely resembles a snake...and no one can even start to tell me how you can tell the difference between a safe and a poisonous one. :p Misty, my mom is the same exact way except with cats... [face_thinking] So I can absolutely relate to the reaction in the latest update.

AzureAngel2, Falcon and Lady_Misty like this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    'slitherers' love that word

8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    My stepsister owns a miniature python, but luckily they keep it in the exhibit when everyone visits.

More soon

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Ewok_Slayer Good thing Indy wasn't there, he would have put holes in the walls. :p

Nyota's Heart Snakes and I will always be worst enemies. Your mom doesn't like cats?

earlybird-obi-wan I like the word too. I had a lot of fun coming up with a fitting name.

Falcon Remind me not to ever visit your stepsister.

Mini Challenge Sick Day

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mai,

If you are wondering if they found who brought Slitherers into the Temple they did. I have theories to his identity since they haven’t announced who it was yet.

Right now I am in my bed because I am sick with a flu. I have already vomited twice today and am running a fever.

Master Karai wants me resting and I am, sort of.

Later

I vomitted again and got so hot I stripped to my undergarments and covered up with a light sheet and slept for several hours.

I feel a little better and Master Karai gave me some flat Adaraka Ēla to sip. She has to be monitoring me to make sure that I don’t guzzle it because she calls out to remind me when I reach for the glass.

It’s nice though to know she cares for me.

Gonna sleep some more.

Sincerely Aditi

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The joys of being sick. *end of sarcasm*

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= on the inclusion of the mini-challenge. No flu is fun, but stomach flu is the absolute worst!!! :p

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    nice to see the great care Aditi is getting

12. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Nyota's Heart Throwing up sick is never fun. ;9

earlybird-obi-wan It's always heartwarming to know someone is being taken care up.

Falcon :)

WARNING This chapter mentions female hygiene supplies in passing. If it treads too far on the wrong side of the rule line let me know and tomorrow will be the lastest it will be changed.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mai,

Master Karai took me out of the Temple to shop for femimine supplies. She says that if certain events are true then she wants to stock both of us up on them. It was different looking at and deciding on what I wanted. Back home on Tiston I did have some preferences for sanitary pads and was vocal about them but where shaving equipment is concerned I am willing to use anything.

Master Karai found if it amusing thatabag of ten disposable razers and a arosol can of shaving cream were cheaper then a reuseable razer blade with replaceable heads with built in lather by a lot.

I was glad to get out of the Temple for a bit and Master Karai requested that we wear regular clothes. I guess we could have passed as family if my complexion was very different from Master Karai.

Before we headed back to the Temple Master Karai commented that this might be the last time we do this for some time.

Even the Force feels different.

I’m afraid.

Sincerely Aditi

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The part about the shaving stuff is a personal experience that I had while shopping for more shaving equipment. A box of three new razor heads with built in lather were over thirteen dollars. On the other hand I could buy a bag of ten disposable razors and might get four extra free and ladies shaving cream in a aerosol can between five/six dollars.

Hopefully I will update the next chapter of ‘Keeping the Light Burning’ tomorrow.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :eek: It's ominous when the Force feels different. [face_worried]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    The disposable razors aren't as good and don't last as long as the ones with the replacable heads do or that's my experiance

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The Force different? beware[face_devil]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    My roommate uses pink lady razors and he swears by them. The last time he used regular men's razors he came out of the bathroom and it looked like he shaved with a cheese grater. It was really funny…for me.

It is never good when the Force feels different.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Nyota's Heart It's a dangerous day the Force Feels different.

Falcon What brand and type do you use?

earlybird-obi-wan Yes, beware!

Carlos Danger I have heard that 'pink' is a manly color. If that is the case then my younger brother must be using the wrong kind of razors. His 'beard' is just a few scruffy patches on his cheeks and under his chin. Sharpen your regular weapons when you Feel something different in the Force.

For those of you familiar with my pair of Cursed Ashlans you may have noticed that I am using different names for them than I did in everything pre Scavenger Hunt. I did this for practical reasons. They would change their names every so often; most likely using a variation of their real name or a nick name.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mai,

Dangerous Outsiders have entered our Galaxy and are planning on destroying any and all life they wish to destroy.

I am afraid but there is nothing I can do.

Right now I am training with Master Karai. She is teaching me how to hide in the Force and stay hidden.

Right now I am in one of the old hangars that still hasn’t been properly repaired sitting on the floor with a few pieces of machinery laying around me. I am prety pretty well hidden.

I think I am doing a good job hidding my Force Pren Presence because Nak and Mika Skywalker, no relation to Masters Skywalker and Solo as far as I know, haven’t shown any sign that they know I am here.

Right now they are moving some supply crates out of their freighter and stacking them with the Force aiding them.

I don’t really understand why they are using this hangar and this part looks pretty bad and just not safe.

They have piled up a lot of supply crates and

I couldn’t have seen what I thought I saw.

A pipe came loose on the ceiling and hit the rows of supply crates and they landed on Nak. Mika cried out and after she calmed she used the Force to lift the heavy crates off her husband.

I had started to reach into the pouch on my belt for my commlink to call the Halls of Healing for help when Nak crawled out from under them.

I watched in shock as Mika dropped the crates after he was far enough away from them and she started to set what appeared to be a broken left leg and I could tell that his left arm was crushed.

I did pull out my commlink but before I could select the Halls of Healing Nak stood. There was no sign he had been injured except for his slightly torn and bloody clothes.

There is no way his bones could have healed so fast. Maybe some shallow cuts and minor scrapes but not broken or crushed bones.

I think they Felt me.

But they just stood there and then boarded their ship and a few minutes later they reemerged clean and with new clothes.

They stared in my direction but didn’t say anything or come in my direction. They just left.

What did I just witness?

Aditi

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For those unfamiliar with ‘Nak’ and ‘Mika’ they were the only survivors of their group of Force Users after the Sith wiped them out and sold the average person into slavery after both the Jedi and Republic ignored their plea for help a thousand years plus before TPM. In their pain and anger they asked the Force to Curse the Sith, Republic and the Jedi with destruction. The Force in turn Cursed them to live to see the ramifications of their desires. For the most part they became frozen in time. Their bones can be broken but limbs/appendages can’t be amputated because bones stop the object doing the cutting from going any further. They can survive in the vacuum of space and have survived lightsabers to the gut and between the ribs.

If you want to read some of my fics with them I will post the links for them on ff.net.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    great update with the lessons in hiding

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. Carlos Danger

Jul 25, 2013
    So are Nak and Mika your OC's or something canon that you have written in other fanfics. I don't have the best grasp of the EU, so this is sometimes confusing for me.

Nice update.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007

Nak and Mika are two OCs of mine that appear in my Head Canon. They appear in 'Dark Angel' and 'Dark Angel Chronicles'. For the most part I ignore the EU since anything post NJO stinks so bad that it must be dead.

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I can just imagine that was puzzling for Adidi. She is learning a very strategy: hiding her presence, but if anyone could tell someone was there, Mika and Nak could/would. [face_thinking]

22. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    earlybird-obi-wan Lessons in hiding could and would be useful in some circumstances.

Carlos Danger Thanks! :)

Nyota's Heart Seeing that Nak and Mika have been around for over a thousand years very little would fool them.

Falcon

I hope that this will qualify for the mini challenge.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mai,

There are whispers that the Masters and Knights will send a majority of us away from Coruscant to some planet on the other side of the galaxy from where they are coming in.

Even though I am worried about leaving the Temple I find other thoughts coming to bother me. Will I survive the destruction the invaders will wreck on the galaxy? Will I dance my Third Dance, the dance that women on my home world preform on their twenty-first birthday? Will I ever learn if Elan Nath likes me?

I understand if he doesn’t like me. Very few non Caféaulaits find the patterns on the skin of Caféaulaits beautiful since nearly every Race in the known galaxy has only one skin color. I was still surprised to see the single skin colors on different Races even though I had seen colored holos of the other Races, I had even seen my share of Drama Holos with non Caféaulaits in them but I guess it could never compare with the real thing.

I doubt the boys that grew up with me are interested in me. Not that they wouldn’t be interested in my connection to the Force but they will never get over their amusment of what happened at my Second Dance. Kunti Rye purposely stepped on the hem of my dress and it came loose as I was dancing. I was never more embarrassed in my life. I was naked in front of the entire community!

At least she was punished for interupting my dance. The dances are sacred and both male and female preform them.

Maybe the Force will be with us and Harmony remind us of the Light.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= I enjoyed reading more of Aditi's culture and of her natural concerns about how everyday routines will be totally thrown into ruins. :( Sad to think that she could lose the buoyant enthusiasm of youthful pursuits like the Solo kids did - [face_thinking] They were thrown into a life-and-death struggle as teens and by the time it was over, their innocence was over.

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a thoughtful entry and great writing about the dance

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. Carlos Danger

Jul 25, 2013
    Suddenly becoming disrobed during a dance would be embarrassing...not that I would know that from experience.;) I did skinny dip once.

Nice update.

AzureAngel2 likes this.