main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dear Diary Challenge 2014 - Writing on pages - OCs, mentions of Canon characters AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Misty, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Nyota's Heart The hopes and dreams of the youth are always interesting and honestly the Solo children and their friends were too young to be part of a war where there was such brutality. They had to fight for their lives in order to survive and honestly no one comes out untouched from something like that.

earlybird-obi-wan Thanks! :)

Carlos Danger Was it fun?

The disrobing thing was very loosely based on an incident when I was in third grade. My class and another one had gone to a homestead where you can get a feel of what life was like in the 1800s. We had to dress in certain clothes and since none of my dresses or skirts would look like they could belong in that time frame my mom gave me a skirt that too wide in the waist, I was very thin back then. I had used a shoe lace to help hold it up but during the day it rode up and I had a hard time finding it. The skirt fell off when we were coming down the stairs after the tour of the upstairs. Everyone laughed. I know that loosing your skirt and everyone seeing your underwear as a child doesn't compare to being naked but in all honesty things like that are NEVER forgotten.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mai,

Master Karai confirmed to me earlier that the older Knights and Masters have decided to evacuate the Jedi Temple of all Younglings and many Padawans. She didn’t say which planet is our destination but she advized me to pack anything important like my ceremonial dress and the holo album of my family and friends back home.

She said we will be sent out in groups instead of all at once.

The Temple Guardians are even different but I can’t say how since this could end up in the wrong hands since I can’t protect this notebook with passwords.

Master Karai said we will be in the third group.

She promised after our private lessons today we would watch an episode or two of Acqua before we turn in for the night unless something else comes up. I love watching Acqua. Ptera Falker does Lt. Acqua better than any Holo Drama Actress I have seen in that role.

She just seems not to try to bring Lt. Acqua to life but she does wear a faded bright light green poncho and drives a rather old and beat up speeder. As I said she just somehow becomes the Lt. Acqua that Wylla Link brought to life all those years ago.

Will write more later.

Sincerely Aditi

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Who can tell me who Lt. Acqua is supposed to be?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love her descriptions of the lessons and Acqua and her worries about leaving

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    earlybird-obi-wan Thanks. :)

Dear Mai,

I have almost finished packing with a few exceptions like this notebook. But everything important is packed and ready for the signal for the third group to depart.

My little bedchamber is pretty sparse now except for a few holo movie posters and a Furious Avians: Stern Ringen themed holo calendar on the walls.

Back home my mom said my bedchamber looked a few steps short of being a haven for Chaos. She was probably right but at least I knew where my things were and they were easily in reach. I never liked it when she cleaned my room. Yes it looked nice and clean but it would take me forever to locate anything.

Well I have lessons to do so for now I am going to put this notebook in my case on the off chance the third group goes sooner then later.

Sincerely Aditi

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nyota's Heart and AzureAngel2 like this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Moms always tell you it is chaos. ;) Nice update

AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Back home my mom said my bedchamber looked a few steps short of being a haven for Chaos. She was probably right but at least I knew where my things were and they were easily in reach. I never liked it when she cleaned my room. Yes it looked nice and clean but it would take me forever to locate anything.

You let us nicely peak into a teenager´s life in the SW universe. :D It was fun to read!

Lady_Misty likes this.
  6. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    earlybird-obi-wan I think moms think it's their duty to think everything is in need of cleaning.

AzureAngel2 I think things would be interesting to truly see something from a teenager's POV and not something abnormal.

Nyota's Heart

Carlos Danger

Falcon

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mai,

Sometimes I want to drive heads through durasteel! Jacen Solo is the most annoying being I have ever met!

Before we boarded the ship that will take us to our hiding place Jacen had found one of the Tookas that live in parts of the Temple and take care of vermin with a quill from an animal that I am not familiar in it’s muzzle.

Jacen had wanted to take it to the Healers so they could numb the area and gently remove the quill. He got pretty mad with me when I said we didn’t need to take it to the Healers and I proceeded to remove the quill with a pair of pliers from a nearby toolbox.

He told me that I had been cruel and I shot back that she wouldn’t have learned her lesson if she didn’t experience the pain of having the quill removed. He returned that she had already experienced pain by having the quill in her muzzle. I told him that on my home world we have a quilled animal that lives in the area that my family calls home and how our two Hunds ran into one and because of how late it was we removed the quills ourselves with pliers. They never bothered one again. My sister’s Hund on the other hand had had two previous run ins with two different ones and had medical intervention when having the quills removed. Her Hund had another run in wiith one while staying with us but our Hunds had stayed away from it. We gave him the same treatment and it was the last time he bothered one.

Jacen said it was cruel and I shot back that we learn from pain. Like how not to touch a hot cooking unit.

It must have gotten pretty heated because Master Karai had to pull us apart.

I got my revenge by eating only the shell nuts from the container of mixed nuts. I know it was petty but I was mad and still am.

-Aditi

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The story that Aditi relates is an altered version of what happened when my family’s two dogs and my sister’s dog met porcupines.

Dandy had his encounter late at night and the nearest veterinary hospital was about an hour away. So we laid him on the living room floor and my dad got a pair of pliers from his toolbox and we removed the quills. Later our other dog Lightning ran into one and he got the same treatment. At a later period of time we were pet sitting my sister’s dog Sweetie and she tangled with one during a walk. We know that Dandy learned his lesson because he just barked at it from a safe distance. Since we didn’t know who Sweetie’s vet was we removed the quills that she would let us remove. My sister said later that Sweetie had had two previous run ins with porcupines and had been taken to the vet where her muzzle was numbed before they removed them; so far it was the last time Sweetie has bothered one.

Shell Nuts are supposed to be peanuts and I do have a habit of picking out the peanuts from the container of mixed nuts.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] ;) Enjoyed that and the author note at the end. :) If there are pistachios in the can, I pick all those out. [face_laugh]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice update with the animals and Jacen already telling about the pain and learning from it experience

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Nyota's Heart I'm glad you enjoyed the nut thing.

earlybird-obi-wan all living creatures learn from pain. No offense to pre Sith Jacen fans but he was (in my opinion) a big softie. There is nothing wrong with it but some lessons can only be learned through pain.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mai,

I have been on Eras for about a week and at least I am still settling in. This place is so different from the Jedi Temple and the busle of Coruscant. But different from my home too.

None of the training rooms in the Temple of Ashla/Bogden are geared for any kind of training but hand to hand combat and some training with lightwhips. Apparently they used the great outdoors for training in the other things. I guess I can see the benifits for training in a natural envirnment since you never know when a hole is going to be under your foot.

I will admit that it is strange to have Force Ghosts about my age arou

I am NOT A Force Ghost! I am a Force Essence trapped in the Living Realm! I would have you kno

Apparenly she didn’t like me messing up what she really is.

Hopefully I will write more later.

Sincerely Aditi

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The identity of the Force Ghost/Essence in this entry will be revealed later

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    intriguing place and a nice entry

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Interesting differences in how and where training takes place. A Force Entity - [face_laugh] Sounds like a definition of Q. ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    earlybird-obi-wan thanks! :)

Nyota's Heart There are bound to be different training methods depending on belief, need, location and personal experience. I do imagine that the Force is similar to Q but not as annoying as Q has a habit of being (but that doesn't mean that at least some of us don't love him any less because of it). Aditi spoke to in very loose terms could be considered a Force Ghost.

. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mini Challenge: Cabin Fever

Dear Mai,

It has been two weeks since I arrived on Eras and before that I was on a ship for a week. I would like to get outside but it has been a deluge of rain. Back home on Tiston this would be considered aftereffects from a terrible Āndhī that had hit either south of us or had come up the coast of the continent my family lives on and is dumping rain on the land. What makes it worse it that it is a bone chilling rain so you don’t want to be outside even if you have protective cloaks you would still be cold and sooner or later the water is going to seep through and you will get damp.

I hope that this part of Eras isn’t heading into the Barpha kī Avadhi. I have really been hoping for Frühling like temperatures and all that comes with it.

Sincerely Aditi

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice use of the mini-challenge =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love her entry and her use of words like Fruhling

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Nyota's Heart I thought it was.

earlybird-obi-wan I do too. :)

Mini Challenge: Spring is not found

Dear Mai,

I have decided that Frühling isn’t coming or if it is not in a form I am familiar with and would associate with Frühling.

It has continued to rain since last week and according to the reports it will continue to rain for another couple of weeks. I keep telling myself that it’s better than snow but if it was snow falling from the clouds instead of rain than I can’t pretend that Frühling is in the near future.

I must be deluding myself.

Back home my family would be preparing to clean our lands of debris from falling tree branches. Preparing the ground for planting will soon follow. Minor repairs on the buildings and fences will be a top priorty.

The hunds will love running around and barking. Rascal will be begging for someone to throw one of the balls around some he can ran after it. Terry will want the same thing. The paka will be skirting puddles but they will be enjoying the rays of the sun and maybe they will try to catch either some small rodents or a small bird. The other animals will be glad to get out of the barns and eat the fresh grass.

I miss the beautiful and colorful blossoms of my home world. At least at the Jedi Temple there were gardens where I could admire trees and flowers.

Sincerely Aditi

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oddly enough Spring seems to be coming. It is warmer, the snow is melting and you can see the ground in many places where there isn’t too much snow. Now mud season is fast approaching.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Dear Mai,

I have decided that Frühling isn’t coming or if it is not in a form I am familiar with and would associate with Frühling.

You make a German lady smile here... ;)

Lady_Misty likes this.
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love her remembering her birth planet and youth with the hunts

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    AzureAngel2 Glad I could give you the gift of a smile.

earlybird-obi-wan remembering childhood can be fun and amusing. The hunds and the paka are based off of my family's two dogs and four cats.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mai,

Today started out rather quiet and since just about all the students are now here classroom studies have started again. I was working on my report on the last Sith group, how they gained influence, power and twisted events to their favor. It is slow going since not much is known about most of the Sith Lords’ civilian identities and who thought of what and if they were a failed apprentice or just a helper. Not to mention I can’t hook up to the Holonet for any kind of search.

Anyway so I was skimming through some datapads with records of Palpatine or Darth Sidious and I was making notes of times that things went towards the foundation of the future Empire when several ghosts of the Ashlan Initiates started yelling about cutting something off before it could get outside.

I really wanted to leave and see what the noise was all about but if they were trying to grab sometime meant for supper I didn’t want to see it.

I was rather surprised when about ten minutes we were all suddenly gathered in a large room with the Adra and Shang Whitesun not looking pleased.

As we stood with the smaller students in the front of the room Shang Whitesun turned and retrieved a crate and opened it to reveal a Tooka. Just about everyone looked at Jacen Solo since he had smuggled the two Crystal Snakes into the Jedi Temple but he confused and horrified to know nearly everyone thought he was responsible.

Everyone was surprised when a young girl raised her hand and admitted to bringing the Tooka to Eras.

As less least I Felt the truth of her words so unless she has learned Force Techniques she shouldn’t know she IS telling the truth.

I hope they are gentle with her since she is so young.

Well I need to get back to my report.

Sincerely Aditi

P. S.

I hear thunder rumbling in the distance. I don’t really like Lightning Storms but they only occur when the weather is warm back on Tiston so I am taking the sound of thunder as a sign that warmer times are coming.

I am so excited!

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I used to hate thunder storms but as I have gotten older it has moved to more of a dislike for them and I can appreciate their beauty. But they used to frighten me as a small child. My first memory of a thunder storm was when I was no younger than two. The room I was sleeping in as a child had two windows one was on the left side and the other on the right side. One night when my mother was gone I was laying on my bed and my father was putting either my younger brother or sister in the crib when I saw a white light flicker in both windows and it scared me. I asked my father what it was and he told me it was lightning. My second question was if it could get it the house he told me no but it the end I slept in the baby basket in my parents’ room because I wouldn’t sleep in my bed.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thunderstorms can be frightening to a young child. She describes that in a nice way

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Och, afraid of thunderstorms. Hope that does not lead to the dark side since it is an act of fear.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  21. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007

It shouldn't be since you aren't acting negatively on your fear. But then it's hard to act on your fear when what you fear is a force of Nature and not an object, person or animal that you can touch.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Wise words, dear Misty, wise words. ^:)^

Lady_Misty likes this.
  23. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    earlybird-obi-wan thanks. :)
    AzureAngel2 You're welcome

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mai,

I have forgotten how noisy a Lightning Storm can be. There are so few of them on Coruscant and they usually are somehow altered so they don’t cause a lot of damage. So you can image my shock when a low but powerful boom of thunder woke me in the middle of the night here on Eras. The Ashlans’ Temple seemed to help carry the sound as it seemed to rattle everything in my room. The storm must have been nearly on top of us as the lightning flashed and thunder more or less roared.

The noise apparently woke everyone or just about everyone. Most of the Younglings were afraid but I don’t blame them since a good part of them most likely have never heard thunder before or at least never this loud.

There is news of the outside galaxy. The war is happening but it is too soon to know how soon it will end and we will be able to return to Coruscant. Master Karai got a letter from her family on Scáthia. When she read it she went to a private area and hasn’t returned. I can Feel that she is sad and I hope it isn’t bad news about her sister Zahra or her parents.

Maybe I will get her to talk to me about it later.

Sincerely Aditi

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thunderstorms are impressive for children. I hope there isn't real bad news

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :eek: I do not like thunder boomers either. I too hope it's not very sad news, or at least, if so only temporarily.