main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Dear Diary Challenge 2015 Updated Index 2014 Diary winner announced

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Dec 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm here finishing up my last entry for my 2014 diary and dang nabbit, I really want to do something for 2015. Now to decided what to do. I'm torn between a River Song Diary or a Breha diary. A River Song diary has the advantage of having lots of material to draw from, but a Breha Organa diary would have lots of freedom.

Nyota's Heart, Falcon and Kahara like this.
  2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Two weeks to finish up your diaries or if you want to continue them in 2015, that's good too but make sure you get your two posts in this month to qualify for voting.

Congrats to those who have made it this far. =D=

Voting starts January 01st 2015 and will run for two weeks.

Just a heads up, I will be disappearing at the end of January to the third week of February. I plan to high tail it to Florida and crash at my parents trailer park for a couple of weeks.

Kahara likes this.
  3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Excellent plan! :D

Falcon likes this.
  4. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    it is quite genius isn't it :p my parents want me up there.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Sorry, I guess it's been a while since I've seen these around! They're short, parody diaries. The original (or original as far as I know) were http://www.ealasaid.com/misc/vsd/]these[/url] Lord of the Rings ones (warning: those stories are not PG). I've done several here and have found them to be a lot of fun.

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ooooh, Nat! Whose Very Secret Diary were you planning on doing? I would be there to read that in a heartbeat! :D [:D]

I also have to say that I am looking forward to any other NSWFF diaries that pop up this year. It always makes reading over the new year so much fun. ;) [face_batting]

Kahara and Nyota's Heart like this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    For my 2014 there are two more entries to come.
    Kaagi will continue with a new diary and the second diary I will be doing is beginning during the clone-wars

jcgoble3, Nyota's Heart and Kahara like this.
  8. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I have tons of ideas for diaries but it looks like I won't have time to do one, or at least not to start in January :( I might turn my craziest idea into a story though. It would be something like the Twitter feed of a Jawa aesthete :p

leiamoody and Kahara like this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    And here I was looking forward to a year-long jaunt with the Chyntuck-touch. :D ;) I'll gobble up whatever comes out. [face_batting]

Chyntuck likes this.
  10. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    I did this back during the first incarnation in 2007 and came up with something that I don't even remember writing. Maybe I could try doing this again...I'll see if unconscious inspiration strikes again. :p

Kahara, Nyota's Heart and Goodwood like this.
  11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    So, for some reason I can't fall asleep, so I'm here reading some of my old fics, and I came across my Beru diary (that the forum move killed at the best possible part!) and I had forgotten how much I LOVED it. So now I'm conflicted between a diary about baby-Luke or a diary about baby-Leia (featuring toddler-Winter!). If my life wasn't so crazy, I'd do both, but I really gotta make a decision AND I SUCK AT BEING DECISIVE!

Kahara likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Briannakin - baby Luke is all kinds of cute but baby Leia with Winter has all kinds of potential :cool: with Alderaanian stuff and friendship details. :D And Bail is always a treat. [face_batting]

Kahara likes this.
  13. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I think for my Force Diary I will either switch back and forth between Akira (Ashla) and Bảo (Bogden) or have one entry for each one's POV to just get what they felt about the situation. Maybe Akira liked the fact that Bảo punched that pesky Ancient even though she wouldn't admit it. While Bảo felt bad because he knows how Akira feels about things like that.

14. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Why do the Light and Dark sides have to be female and male, respectively? Why not go against the grain (and challenge yourself) by swapping their genders?

15. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Creature of habit Goodwood I guess; besides they could choose any form they desire. I just imagine them choosing female and male most of the time. But "Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned” for a reason. I picture them as a symbiotic creatures that depend on each other to survive long term.

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Ugh. Why do you do this to me?

I'm leaning towards Beru right now because my diary this year told of the aging and death of Luke Skywalker (from his granddaughter's POV), so I think it would totally be fitting to do the childhood of Luke in 2015. But you are so right about the Breha diary having all kinds of potential. I loved the Princess diaries books as a pre-teen and I kinda want to expand my character base.

But. I think I might have thought of a compromise: an AU diary, from Breha's POV, but she raises Luke AND Leia. I've always wanted to explore an "what if Luke and Leia were raised together."

By God! I think I've actually made a decision!

Goodwood, Kahara and Nyota's Heart like this.
  17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hey guys,

I was thinking about Artoo's diary for next year and I was wondering if you'd prefer to read the Hand of Thrawn version or comments on all the books from the Thrawn trilogy on - as in a couple of post per book?
    I'd appreciate opinions.

Falcon and Chyntuck like this.
  18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Hazel: I think going from the end of the Thrawn trilogy through the end of NJO would be great. Just please none of that LOTF crap. ;) :p

Falcon, Hazel and Chyntuck like this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hazel - both sound incredibly interesting. But I would love HoT, personally. [face_rofl] R2 snarking about caves and it being about blooming time they got the hint. [face_rofl] [face_batting]

Falcon, Hazel, Goodwood and 1 other person like this.
  20. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I concur ;)

Falcon, Hazel and Nyota's Heart like this.
  21. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Seconded. :D

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Third :p Now you gotta do it!

Falcon, Hazel, Chyntuck and 1 other person like this.
  23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh] Okay! It is settled. Thanks all [:D]

Kahara, Falcon and Chyntuck like this.
  24. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    It seems that I've been outvoted. No matter; I'm sure you'll do a great job and it will be just a hilarious no matter which one you do. :D

EDIT: Not to mention the fact that this will probably cause me to read those books for the first time, just like the Thrawn trilogy diary prompted me to read them for the first time. ;)

25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    The end of the year is fastly approaching, you have until Dec 31st 2014 midnight board time. to get your final entries in for the year.

Congrats to everyone who has made it this far =D=

Diary entries for 2015 will be accepted between Jan 01st 2015 to Jan 15th 2015. After that you will have to talk to me if it's a late entry.

Voting begins Jan 01 and will run for approximately two weeks. Don't forget to vote for your favorite diary for 2014

Good luck to everyone.

Chyntuck likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.