main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

Saga - OT Dear Diary Challenge: Memory Logs - OCs, mentions of CCs

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Misty, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Title: Memory Log
    Era: OT Era
    Genre: -
    World: Canon
    Characters: OCs with mentions of CCs
    Synopsis: A young woman writes about her experiences with the Rebellion
    Warnings: -
    Series: Connections to Memory Books and Personal Logs
    A/N: For the Dear Diary Challenge

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Usually I would introduce myself but seeing that there is an issue of safety where certain people are involved I will forego an introduction.

And while I can’t say where I am or where I have been I guess there’s no harm in saying that I am with the Rebellion.

Their ‘real’ name is ‘the Alliance to Restore the Republic’ but in all honesty I like ‘the Rebellion’ much better and seeing how bad the Republic was why should we want to restore it?

Don’t get me wrong I am all for restoring freedom and true justice to the galaxy but from what I have read and heard from my elders that the Republic was corrupt and bloated. There is just too many planets and people to be properly heard and if you have money you can sway things your way.

I personally have never liked the idea that there is a planet where the spouse of the planetary leader or an immediate family member is in the Senate; it smacks of corruption. I told some Rebels that when I helped them a couple years back and they acted as if I had said something blasphemous.

Captain Grumpy seems like a nice enough commanding officer, I have had worse, if not a little on the grumpy side hence the nickname. My bunkmates also seem nice enough if not a little standoffish but I don’t blame them since I am new here and unlike them who have ‘real’ reasons for joining I joined because I was asked to by my leaders to see if the Rebellion truly wants what’s best for everyone and if that means fighting and freeing the galaxy from the oppression of the Emperor and his evil regime then so be it.

So far the Cell I am with seems to have their heads on straight and not focused on terrorizing people.

I know that not all Rebels are bad people but when you hear about all the horrific things that Saw Gerrera has done in the name of Rebelling all I can think about is the blood of the Innocent that stains the ground and floors of who knows how many planets and many people think of it also and tie it to the Rebellion as a whole.

At least the Rebels seem just as impressed with Saw Gerrera as the rest of the galaxy; I just wish someone would put a blaster bolt through his skull and wipe out his group.

Maybe I’ll get lucky and the Empire will finally get rid of him.

xxxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 and Master_Lok like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the tag and I like the voice of this diarist. He/she seems to be full of ideas about what the motivations for joining the Rebellion should be and usually are. [face_thinking] I like the code names LOL

3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Very interesting. Another member of the Rebellion who is not quite on Saw's footing. I like the anonymous slant to the post, it feels like someone hiding very personal feelings. Nicely done.

4. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    Great introduction. I wonder if this newcomer to the Rebellion isn't just a tad naive about things though, they seem very sure of themselves and perhaps experiencing the Rebellion's fight will temper them? The mention of Saw makes me think that ideology might have a big part to play in this story. Regardless of the direction you decide to take it in, I'm looking forward to reading more!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  5. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha you're welcome for the tag. :) She does have ideas and thoughts about the Rebellion. I stumbled on the use of code names while i was writing a one shot, that now may or may not be finished, where the main character was using nicknames for some characters and then it evolved: how is someone who is not using real names going to write a journal/diary/log if they aren't going to use the names of people around them? Not to mention could you guess if and when a Canon Character appears based off of the nickname?

@Master_Lok thanks!

@gaarastar58 thank you; yes she's a tad naive but her people have been screwed over by the Republic and the Empire is a hair better (the Empire doesn't smile and give some excuse of why we need your resources they just take them). Well Saw had some very important places and people murdered on her home world and he's the loudest Rebel so he gets the most attention and, sadly, is someone people think of when they think of the Rebellion.

xxxxxxxxxxx

This has not been a good day for me.

We were asked to check out a Cell that missed a check in so we were sent to see if they were okay. Something just didn’t feel right.

When we arrived at their last known location there was debris and we were chased by a fighter that almost got us but we were lucky and escaped into hyperspace before we took on too much damage.

Captain Grumpy did a lot of yelling but finally stopped seeing we almost joined the Cell we were sent to check up on in death.

I was relieved early and when I reached my bunk area my bunkmates were going through my things and a few objects were missing.

I KNEW they would be suspicious of me and while I don’t blame them for being cautious I still feel violated.

I locked myself in a supply closet and cried for hours.

I miss the life I used to have, I miss my post back home, I miss my family and old superior officer.

I want to go home!

xxxxxxxxx

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Harrowing action and then to follow that with having your stuff searched. Definitely adds to the sense of being "out of place"

7. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha yeah, and worst of all she fees that she has no one to vent to and she is being super careful what she's putting in her log because she wants to keep her family safe and her old superior safe since she helped fake the writer's transfer so no one realizes she is with the Rebels so this means her family thinks she's stationed somewhere and can't call often send messages home; not to mention it would endanger the young woman that has taken her place.

@Master_Lok

@gaarastar58

xxxxxxxxx

Singer apologized to me during Mess. She said that there is a fear of leaks and seeing where I am from and my stance on some issues they were concerned about my loyalty.

I told her that I understood and if I was her I would be suspicious of me. I confessed that it didn’t help that I walked in during the search and that if I hadn’t walked in when I did I might have just assumed that my things had been disturbed by the maneuvers to lose the TIE.

We shared a few stories and I shared with her who was behind the nicknames. She blushed when I told her that she was ‘Singer’ and said she was flattered.

She did agree with me about the cook’s nickname, Loud Mouth, and my reasoning behind Diva, Lady and Acqua.

I think I made a friend.

Xxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 and Master_Lok like this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice talk and great nickname "Singer."

9. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I like the first person narrative...you really feel like you're in this character's head. Well done.

10. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha well Singer likes to sing so to the writer it made sense to call her 'Singer'

@Master_Lok thank you! :)

@gaarastar58

Xxxxxxxxxx

I’m not sure what kind of music Acqua is listening to but it’s somewhere between brilliantly beautiful and annoyingly terrible. I know that doesn’t make sense but if this device allowed me to do audio recordings I would record some of it and allow you to come to your own decision.

Things with the bunkmates have vastly improved since I found them going through my things; an announcement from Captain Grumpy may have had something to do with it but not all of it.

We even play card games together during shifts and exchange little things about ourselves. Oddly enough all I had to do was tell them a few things going on back home and they understood my fears and anger and my reluctance to have full faith in the Rebel Leaders but they can respect that I and other are willing to risk so much to stop tyranny.

I feel we have built a better sense of trust since I heard that Diva stood up for me when they speculated that I was a traitor. She almost shot them out an airlock; at least that’s the story I heard and she just told me that she heavily suggested to this person that they rethink calling someone that has helped save everyone’s lives a traitor when I have had multiple chances to turn them over to the Empire or at the very least transmit vital information to one of their ships.

I thanked her either way.

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Happy that everyone is socializing and building trust off-mission, so when they are working together, the teamwork/cohesiveness will be solid.

12. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    That was a good read. Besides, I like to read about rebels that do not belong to the famous elite. :D

13. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha well when they learned that she helped save the ship from the mysterious fighter by having a droid plot possible escape routes and making sure they escaped; even if she went against Captain's orders. Yes, the Captain was flipping mad but at the same time he was smart enough to recognize if she hadn't plotted an escape route and told the droid to jump they would be dead and possibly another ship would be added to the tragedy by looking to see what happened to them. So they are repairing bridges and building friendships.

@AzureAngel2 it is fun to read about other Rebels besides those we know and love (hate).

@Master_Lok

@gaarastar58

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

My bunkmates and I had a debate over how attractive certain individuals are. I told them that I thought that Farm Boy down in Maintenance is hot and Acqua agreed but Singer thinks he looks like something a Tooka dragged in after a storm and through a muddy puddle. I will admit that after a day working with ships and getting covered in oil and engine grease he does look like he was dragged through the mud; but Farm Boy is nice and friendly.

Diva thinks that Boss is cute and I admit he does look handsome and he is nice but he gives me weird looks as if he’s in awe of me.

Lady says that she thinks Captain Grumpy is handsome and that if he asked she would do the ‘Horizonal Tango’ with him.

I am not a prude by any stretch of the imagination but even I know how inappropriate it is for a superior officer to have a relationship with a crewmember of a lower rank.

Acqua reminded her that it could be seen as a breach in protocol while Diva said that could be okay because we’re not a real military so it shouldn’t matter. Singer is on the fence because such a relationship could be abused but everyone needs someone while I said that while there are apparently no rules against it in the Alliance to Restore the Republic other militaries frown on relationships between a senior officers and junior officers because of consent issues and favoritism but at the end of the day it would be her choice.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Interesting contrast of opinions and I love the "nicknames" -- they seem to relate to the personalities [face_thinking]

15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Sorry Misty, I have no time to continue reading this. DRL has taken over.

Hopefully, I will be able to contribute to this forum more later this year. Keep on writing.

16. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha I tried to build personalities around the nicknames or help you see why she gave them such a nickname. Well when you're fighting as a Rebel group you could bond with people that are above you in rank and people still want to find love and I tried to use Real World arguments/views.

@AzureAngel2

@gaarastar58

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I woke this morning with a sense of dread. I can’t begin to describe the feeling except it was like something Evil was unleashed on unsuspecting people; as if something Dark devoured Light. My bunkmates said I woke them with a terrible scream during the night and when they asked me what was wrong but I was still asleep.

I puzzled over it and assumed it was a terrible nightmare I had during the night but then Captain Grumpy called us together and told us that High Command was asking us to gather at a way point and then give us some important information.

We weren’t allowed into the meeting itself but we listened to the news that they wished us to know. Saw Gerrera is dead; I broke down and wept tears of joy and relief that he’s dead. The man who killed thousands of innocent beings is dead; they are avenged.

Then the sobering news came out: the Empire built and tested a superweapon that is capable of destroying planets. Some of my shipmates are skeptical and I don’t blame them because it sounds like something out of a bedtime story or a story you tell to someone to scare them but I know that there is truth to stories like that: I have read some of them.

The Rebel Leaders want to do nothing and scatter despite the news that we know where the plans to the monstrosity are and roughly where the weakness is; or a weakness is (if I was forced to work on something so terrible I would place more than one weakness into it just in case and not make it nigh on impossible to exploit).

I didn’t understand their reluctance at first to mounting a mission to Scarif but Captain Grumpy explained to us when we asked why that the last time someone got the Leaders to mount an attack on an Imperial Facility it led to the loss of all the fighters and bombers as well as nearly all the pilots. Then it was discovered that the Empire was shutting the facility down anyway making the attack pointless.

I feel sorry for this individual but I also want to punch them as they could have cost us this war. I understand why they did what they did but they were obviously not thinking smartly.

Xxx

Some brave souls have taken upon themselves to steal the Death Star plans. I wish that we could be a part of the attempt to get them but we have been asked to do a mission that’s slightly more important: supplies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent tie in to R1 & very plausible reactions to the news and an essential mission. Definitely will lead to this group being safe. [face_thinking]

Lady_Misty likes this.
  18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I hope that this group will be saved!

19. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha thanks and it would be silly to kill the writer so early into the diary. I did consider letting them go to Scarif but I changed my mind and sent them elsewhere.

@AzureAngel2 spoiler: the writer is in my fic 'The Dating Game'.

So my laptop is breaking so I don't know about future updates but I am going to put it on google docs so I can still work on this.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I feel so sick.

I still want to vomit despite there no longer is anything left in my stomach.

I feel foolish, we all feel foolish. The reports from Captain Andor and survivors of Scarif said that the Death Star wasn’t as powerful as rumored and only capable of devastating a large region of a planet.

Billions of people are dead in an instant.

I must explain.

We were tasked with ferrying Bail Organa back to Alderaan and pick up supplies. We received news from Scarif confirming Rogue One’s reports of its existence. They were successful in stealing the plans and now they are hopefully on their way to the Rebellion.

Captain Grumpy let us take time to do some sightseeing since he felt we needed some cheer from all the recent horrors.

We took so many holos to show our family and friends when we visit next, whenever that may be, and enjoyed some of the local food; I even bought a bunch of flower and vegetable seeds for my Mom.

Then Captain Grumpy called us all back to the ship because the Empire was covertly pulling their troops out. Organa refused to leave, stating that if the Death Star was coming Alderaan’s planetary shield should hold or at least minimize the damage or he would surrender to the Empire and play innocent since they had nothing tying him to the Rebellion.

We waited in the shadow mass of a gas giant in the system for whatever the Empire was planning when IT came out of hyperspace. It was massive, the size of a small moon.

We waited with baited breath for it to fire; according to the reports from Scarif the Death Star wasted little time firing on the Empire’s Base on Scarif in an attempt to prevent the Plans from transmitting but they seemed to be taking their sweet time; as if they were waiting for something.

Music Man said he thought that they might be talking with Organa and threating him and his wife since reports from Scarif had the Death Star nearly on top of the planet when it fired.

As the seconds ticked by the more the mood on the Bridge changed; fear, terror, and worry to hope and relief before swinging back again.

Then the lasers powered up and connected into one, just like the reports from Scarif stated, and it lanced through space. Alderaan’s shield held for a fraction of a second before failing and the entire planet shattered into fragments of rock.

I, along with several others, started vomiting.

I thought that I could hear and feel the terror of the inhabitants of Alderaan before their lives were snuffed out. It was like being caught outside in a terrible storm and being buffeted by heavy raindrops that sting when they hit you and the wind blows in different directions, yanking at your poncho and soaking you to the bone.

Mech commented darkly as the shattered remains of Alderaan spiraled through space it was little wonder the Death Star hadn’t gotten any closer to the doomed world: the fast flying debris would have posed a risk to it.

We stayed for a few more minutes collecting data and watching TIEs scout through the remains of Alderaan before Captain Grumpy ordered us to return to Base; there was nothing else we could do.

I will have nightmares about this day for years. All those beings I saw just an hour ago are dead.

I knew the Empire was capable of atrocities but to actually witness one leaves me as sickened as I was when I watched that bomb go off and destroy so many buildings and then listening to Gerrera brag about the loss of life.

I don’t know what the Emperor means to achieve by this, besides spreading fear, but I can guarantee that it will also serve to fan the flames of rebellion.

May Chaos devour their Souls!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Intense and very much the natural reaction to witnessing something like that firsthand. =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha I'm glad you feel I captured the feeling of the character and the reactions of others well. :)

@AzureAngel2

@gaarastar58

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With tears in our eyes we reported to the Rebels Leaders what we witnessed at Alderaan and while they are horrified beyond belief they understand more than anything that that abomination must be destroyed.

I almost vomited just remembering what I felt and Music Man did vomit during his report.

They asked some questions that we didn’t have the answer to.

We had no time to rest and immediately were sent on another mission to take our supplies elsewhere and more errands; it’s annoying but it reminds me of home.

I hope the plans make it safely to the Rebellion.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very necessary missions and thankfully not too dangerous =D=

23. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha well I didn't want to add my characters to events so I sent them elsewhere; Alderaan was the closest I have dared so far to get them to Canon events. She will meet Luke, Leia and Han and give them their own nicknames but not really interact with them.

@gaarastar58

@AzureAngel2

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The monstrosity known as the Death Star is gone!

We have been celebrating for three days.

Diva wishes we could have been at the Base so we could have taken part in the celebrations there but we were needed to help with other things.

I know Singer was ‘celebrating’ with Fertilizer since I found them in a supply closet. Thank all that they were finished since that would have been embarrassing for all of us and I doubt I would never get that image out of my head or be able to look at either of them the same ever agan.

I suspect Lady was ‘celebrating’ with Captain Grumpy since she wouldn’t stop giggling and when she heard that I almost walked in on Singer and Fertilizer she said that we wouldn’t have to worry about accidentally walking in on her and her man since no one would find them in a closet and no one would accidentally walk in on them.

Acqua asked Lady pointblank if she was with Captain Grumpy but Lady just smiled and said she would never tell.

Diva announced that she had gotten to know Mech better and urged me to see if Farm Boy or Boss or some other crewmember I find handsome wants to ‘celebrate’ with me in a personal way.

I know my face was flushed in embarrassment because I could feel the heat from it and Acqua said my face was flushed.

I wonder what my children will look like; I have ideas of what they will look like from holos but it’s not the same and each one is different.

I don’t know for sure where we’re heading next but I am looking forward to the next adventure.

xxxxxxxxxx

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lots of teasing and Fertilizer as a nickname [face_laugh]

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Indeed what a nickname!

And the mentioning of Scarif and Lothal made me search for handkerchiefs before reading on.