main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Dear Diary Challenge: Memory Logs - OCs, mentions of CCs

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Misty, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and @AzureAngel2 the 'Fertilizer' nickname is based off of the fact that when Hubby (no nickname for him yet) was little he grew tall really fast and people would jokingly ask his parents if they fed/dumped Miracle-Gro on him because he was growing so tall. So 'Fertilizer' is really tall for whatever species he is and jokes that as a child he sprinkled whatever the Star Wars equivalent of Miracle-Gro is on his food so he could be so tall.

Xxxxxxxxx

Well Lady Vader seems to be leading the fight against the Empire fairly well; maybe she’s a little careless but I don’t blame her.

Singer thinks that Lady Vader is a funny nickname for the Rebel I am talking about but Lady thinks it suits her and Acqua loves my reasoning for assigning her that particular nickname while Diva thinks it’s a little insulting.

We’ve been busy running errands for High Command and doing our jobs. We have had what some might consider close calls but since we weren’t arrested or accused of being Rebels I don’t consider those close calls.

My family liked my gifts and my mother can’t wait to grow the now unique plants in her garden.

I miss them and can’t wait for this war to be over so I can go home.

Xxxxxxxxxx

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Liked the exchange about "Lady Vader" as a nickname [face_laugh] and the natural missing of family.

Lady_Misty and AzureAngel2 like this.
  3. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I think that Leia, especially at this point in her life, would not be at all pleased to know that someone referred to her as "Lady Vader".

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    No, she would not like that, @Cowgirl Jedi 1701. I wonder what will happen if she ever finds out.

5. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha I thought some of my readers would get a kick out of the author's (Rebekka) nickname for Leia.

@Cowgirl Jedi 1701 and @AzureAngel2 No, Leia more than likely not appreciate the nickname for anytime soon; maybe at first she would find it amusing or feel that it was a great way to flip off the Empire but in the end it might be annoying/feel insulting to have such a ncikname.

Xxxxxxxxxx

I had horrible nightmares last night. One involved nearly pitch-black ship corridors, blaring alarms, jammed doors and an Angel of Death, wielding a fiery red sword, coming closer and closer to where we huddled against a jammed door; unable to escape him.

Another, we were on our ship running from stormtroopers but we were like rats in a maze with nowhere to escape to, doomed to run in circles until they caught up to us and we all died.

In a third I was walking through the remains of a battlefield, the result of a fight with the Angel of Death, and it was horrific.

The fourth one I remember I was on a badly damaged ship, trying to get somewhere, avoiding sparking cables and damaged hoses as I picked my way through the dying ship. Then I saw the dead crew and recognized their faces as my crewmates. Some were killed by explosions, others by blaster fire while others died by odd burns that slashed deeply across their bodies or deep cauterized stab wounds; Captain Grumpy’s throat had been crushed, Singer was riddled with blaster bolt holes, both Diva and Farm Boy had been shot in the head, Mech and Loud Mouth was covered in burns, Boss had been stabbed and Fertilizer had a deep diagonal cauterized gash on his chest, Lady and Music Man had been shot and Acqua had been killed by a detonator.

The worst part of it was I saw my reflection on a reflective surface that had by some trick of fate managed to not be filthy or damaged in some fashion and I could see that I was missing my right arm at the elbow and my neck had a strange, almost completely horizontal thin burn scar across it. Confused I reached up to touch the burn, trying to figure out what had caused it, and when I touched it my head fell off and I stared at my body that stood there for a moment before collapsing on the deck like a deactivated droid or a doll dropped to the ground by its owner.

Needless to say, I woke my bunkmates screaming from the last one.

I told them about the nightmare and they all are terrified; for good reason.

We debated long and hard if some of the dreams were premonitions of what is to come or if they were just nightmares triggered by what happened on Vrogas Vas and reading those blasted datapads.

In the end we decided that they were just nightmares brought on by reading and hearing about battles and rumors.

That being said, if any of the nightmares repeat we will reconsider our assessment.

Xxxxxxxxxx

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    YIKES! Those are enough to create sleep-avoidant insomnia :eek:
    I hope those were just nightmares and not premonitions [face_nail_biting]

AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @Lady_Misty: Very strong and powerful diary entry this time. With a lot of darkness and mystery in it. Was it indeed the shape of things to come?

8. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and @AzureAngel2 they're just terrible nightmares brought on by reading salvaged datapads and reading reports of what happened on that planet.

Originally the diary entry contained Rebekka recounting the first nightmare in more detail, Rogue One detail, and she said more about the datapads instead of just saying something vague about them.

Xxxxxxxxxx

I got some sad news from home today: my aunt passed away.

I am not surprised since she was so sick but it’s still shocking and I feel like a piece of me has been ripped out and a light has gone out.

Life and Death are a continuous cycle that feed each other. Life feeds Death and Death feeds Life, they can’t exist without the other and together they keep Balance.

If what makes you you survives after your body dies I know my aunt is in a better place. She’s free of her failing body and free to walk, run and dance once again.

I love you Aunty and I will miss you.

Xxxxxxxxxx

Kahara likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very tender and moving.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  10. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha thank you; I had just received the news one of my aunts passed away after losing her battle with ALS and was struggling to write something bubbly and cheerful.

@AzureAngel2

This entry has been waiting since March to be released but then I decided to wait until April 2nd and then as I stated my aunt passed away and I didn't feel like finishing this entry so I reverted to my first DDC and expressed my sorrow in my writing.

Xxxxxxxxxx

I want the name and location of the being that thought it would be funny to mess with my computer console and make it play that silly children’s holo drama theme song! I will pay them back a hundred-fold!

Okay, I am calm enough to explain what happened. I sat down at my console for my shift and it started to play the theme song of a Wylla and Friends. I will admit as a child I loved watching the talking animals, children that spent time at the stable where the animals lived and the adults that took care of the animals. Eshe and Belatryx were my favorites; I admit it was because they were Tookas and I like felines.

At least I’m not the only one to fall victim to pranks. Everyone but Captain Grumpy and Mech have fallen victim to the pranks and no one would dare prank Captain Grumpy with how he can stare at us; Farm Boy calls it the ‘Captain Grumpy Stare’ so Mech has to be the guilty one.

Oh wait, Mech just fell victim to a prank.

Acqua asked Lady if Captain Grumpy is guilty but she just laughed and asked us why the Captain would tell her, a nobody in the crew, whether or not he was behind the pranks.

Diva said she should have an idea since they’re in a relationship which Lady denied for the tenth time

Now everyone else is arguing about whether or not Lady would know or whether Captain Grumpy is behind the pranks.

I suggested that he could be behind the pranks just like that character in MCIS who pranked his entire team of investigators and left one as the one everyone was suspicious of until the end then everyone was laughing about how funny that episode was.

I guess at the end of the day it doesn’t matter who was behind the pranks.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Nice discussion about who the prankster is. It could be Mech who was behind the first prank but then someone "paid him back" [face_mischief] Unless... the grumpiness of the Captain is just an act. ;)

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @Lady_Misty: I am very sorry to hear about your loss.

A neighbour of my parents had ALS a couple of years ago and he passed away within 6 months.

In the end of March one of my best friends from childhood days, who also lives in my city, told me her dad is diagnosed with that dreadful condition, too. This is one of the many reasons why I am seldom online these days.

Anyway, your update was hauntingly beautiful. @};-

13. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha they might never know who the culprit was but seeing that the prank entry was inspired by an NCIS episode I will tell you that Captain Grumpy was behind the pranks and made sure to leave Mech for last. Well Rebekka gave Captain Grumpy his nickname because he was unhappy about having a 'non-committed Rebel' on his crew and he takes his role as captain of one of the Rebellion's supply and patrol ships very seriously.

@AzureAngel2 [:D]@};-[face_love] Thank you!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I want to kill our newest crewmember!

We were minding out own business and flying under the radar when the Idiot said they were grateful for the peace and quiet. Captain Grumpy and Mech told them to shut their mouth and not curse us with bad luck and within a short amount of time we were attacked.

We were damaged but narrowly managed to escape thanks to Mech and one of our astromechs repairing my station enough so I could get us to safety.

My hands were burned and are wrapped in bacta patches so Singer is typing this for me since I don’t have to with my bandaged hands and make lots of mistakes.

The med droids say my hands will be better in a few days if I’m careful and I won’t have burn scars which is good.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So Rebekka would have recorded this entry instead of getting Singer to type it for her if she wasn't worried about her accent and her anger at the new crewmember causing her to slip up and give her away just in case her datapad was discovered by the Empire.

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I hope that the healing chances of the hands are 100%. [face_praying][face_praying]

Lady_Misty likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, troublesome injuries but glad they'll mend relatively quickly.

16. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @AzureAngel2 don't worry her hands will heal 100%

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha I can't keep Rebekka down.

WARNING! This chapter contains what could be considered semi graphic content.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My hands have healed and there is no lasting damage except my hands, for now, are a slightly different shade than they normally are.

Newbie still hasn’t settled and told me to my face she thought I should die because I told her to be nicer in her commentary on those that serve the Empire because they might not feel they have a choice or feel that the Empire is the lesser of two evils with the Rebellion being the greater and we’re not going to change their minds by insulting them.

Oh, did that backfire on her. Just about everyone came to my defense and told Newbie that I was right and beings like Saw Gerrera have turned many in the galaxy against us because he murdered so many innocent civilians on many different planets and people remember how he murdered those that didn’t have a choice but to plaster a smile on their face and pretend to get along with the Empire for the good of their people and in return they were murdered.

Newbie was stupid enough to say that if they were willing to allow the Empire to bully them then they are cowards.

Captain Grumpy then produced a holo projector and we watched the Massacre at the Inusagi Sakoola Blossom Festival, how their bodies were flayed and shredded, Imperial and native alike, in an unmerciful manner; some crewmates vomited but I had seen the senseless butchery before as an Imperial so I was prepared for horrific sight but I did feel bile rise in my throat.

Next was the Temple Shrine Bombings on Erde that ended the lives of hundreds of innocent Caféaulaits, I was stationed there when the Bombings happened, and I remember all to well watching the terror in the eyes of the natives as they fled in fear or raced towards the rubble in a desperate, futile effort to dig their loved ones out. Creators, I remember helping dig for bodies and survivors and holding a piece of a wall painting stained with the blood of a victim; I remember thinking it was ironic a scene depicting a peace treaty was not only destroyed by a destructive weapon but was stained with the blood of someone that was murdered in a war barely anyone knew was taking place and I was sickened later that I found irony in the destroyed, bloodstained painting.

Captain Grumpy showed more of the destruction Saw Gerrera and his Partisans wrought including attacking Imperial Convoys in busy towns or cities where civilians were maimed or murdered just because they happened to be there and attempting to assassinate Nisha Vyom-Vokar of Vyom-Vokar Freight just because she publicly thanked the Empire for wiping out the Marea’aħmar Pirate Gang, the ones responsible for murdering beings and selling others into slavery and murdered Madam Vyom-Vokar’s youngest daughter.

I admit I found the Partisan getting beat up by an elderly woman that can barely stand straight due to her injuries from the attack that claimed her daughter into a bloody pulp.

After watching more atrocities committed by Saw Gerrera and his Partisans Captain Grumpy turned the holo projector off and asked no one in particular if they wouldn’t feel that the Empire was the lesser of the two evils if they only knew the horror and carnage that Saw Gerrera had committed.

I knew from the silence that they were all thinking about what Captain Grumpy had asked and truly thinking it over.

He said if we were back on our homeworlds, ignorant of the Empire and their crimes or even if we were aware of them who would we really be afraid of at the end of the day; the government that seems to care for us and tries to protect us from criminals or the terrorists who murder civilians and doesn’t care when they get caught in the crossfire and destroy public property?

So many admitted softly that if they didn’t know the truth and were ignorant of the Empire’s crimes they would be inclined to view the Rebellion as evil seeing that Gerrera had had ties for years with the Rebellion until they broke them over his and the Partisans crimes against life.

I know I will have nightmares for weeks after watching those holo vids and some of those nightmares will be relieving memories; both real and twisted.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

17. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Sorry if last week's entry was too much for everyone; for those that skipped it Newbie made insensitive comments and Captain Grumpy showed the gathered crew recordings of Saw Gerrera's crimes and asked them if they would see the Rebels as people with a point or terrorists if all they knew about the Rebellion was the terror Saw Gerrera caused.

This chapter is simple and light.

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    @AzureAngel2

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On some random planet and enjoying being on a planet and breathing fresh air; I almost forgot what it was like to be on a planet.

I want to run around like a child and shriek with joy and roll around in the dirt and grass, play with the animals and sing like an avian.

I think I enjoy the smell of flowers, grass and trees the most.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful exuberance and enjoyment of simple pleasures. :)

19. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha I thought so, and there needed to be some down time that wasn't overshadowed by the War.

@AzureAngel2

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That was scary.

Someone was going to take me to the local Imperial Garrison and claim that I was a Rebel for a reward.

I had to shoot them.

I turned them into the local security force as a menace and told them that they planned on lying about me being a Rebel for some quick money from the local Imperial Garrison.

Let’s just say the Empire isn’t happy about someone looking to scam them out of money for a navigator on a freelance freighter.

Captain Grumpy has ordered us to stay together in groups to prevent a repeat but seeing that the Empire has made an announcement to discourage those looking to make some quick credits.

At least we’re leaving tomorrow

xxxxxxxxxxx

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Glad the scheme to turn her in was discovered and thwarted in time

21. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha well it would have fallen apart as 'Hela Bach' is registered as a navigator on a freelance freighter that is also registered and isn't linked to any 'Rebel Activity'.

@AzureAngel2

xxxxxxxxxxx

It’s comforting to be back in space and watch the blue and white tunnel of Hyperspace.

I wonder not for the first time who or what is responsible for it. Is it the Force? Is it another dimension? A mixture of both? Apparently millennia ago Force Users used ‘hoods’ to navigate ships through Hyperspace before navcomputers developed better but what’s to say that the Force User wasn’t ‘opening’ a portal into Hyperspace?

Singer thinks it’s silly but Diva says we don’t always understand how Hyperspace works and Lady agrees; Acqua got really philosophical about it but ultimately agreed.

At least it’s beautiful.

Xxxxxxxxx

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very nice reflections and natural to wonder about the essence of even such a commonly encountered phenomena -- guess only the scientists could explain its origin/nature although probably not fully either. [face_thinking]

23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @Lady_Misty: I was not on-line for a while because RL was very demanding and I wanted to have as much quality time with my husband off-line as possible.

This had nothing to do with your intense update about Saw Gerrera.

There is nothing wrong with your style of writing or your way of describing things.

I just lead a very difficult life at present and have to make choices when to be in the JC and when not.

You are a great fanfic author and your diary here proves that with each update.

24. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha I figured it was time to take a break from the war and show a different side of Rebekka and I'm glad that you enjoyed it. :)

@AzureAngel2 thank you for your kind words and I'm glad that I the Gerrera entry wasn't too intense, Thank you again and will continue to tag you for when you have and feel able to read and review. :)

Xxxxxxxxx

That was close.

Can’t say much but I will say that I’m glad that I found that supply closet.

Xxx

Tay Ore’s Personal Log

I was poking around an under-construction Imperial Installation with Hela and Kiel in a place that we, as suppliers, shouldn’t be in and were almost caught.

Hela managed to open a hidden secondary door to a supply closet and we hid inside it until it was safe to leave.

Kiel thinks it’s odd that Hela found the supply closet but I’m not going to look a gift guarlara in the mouth. Besides, she’s proved her loyalty.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Well that was close and definitely always one wants to lean more towards trusting someone who's proved themselves [face_thinking]