main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Dear Diary Challenge now open to Non Star Wars Fan Fiction! (closed to new entries)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    For anyone who doesn't know, there has been a challenge on the Star Wars Fan Fiction Forum for the past couple of years to write a diary from a character's (either cannon or OC). The challenge is to keep it up for a full year. It's really a fun challenge, and we have mini-challenges throughout the year that are optional.

This is the start of the third challenge, and with the mod's approval, I've opened it to NSWFF. You post your story/diaries in the Non SW Fan Fiction forum, but post the first link in theDear Diary Challenge thread that is in the SWFF forum. Notification of all subsequent updates should be sent to the challenge sock.

For the complete rules, go to the above link.

2. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    Now if I pick a soap opera as a fandom, do I only have to update about half as often?

"July 4. Isn't it odd how time seems to fly and drag at the same time? It seems like I was celebrating Mother's Day only yesterday afternoon, while I thought last night would never end."

3. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    [face_laugh] By the rules of the challenge I would say that you still have to update at least twice a month, even if it moves as slow as a soap opera, you don't have to go by RL timelines. So, even if two weeks transpire in RL in between your posts, the time that transpired for the character who is writing it could be anywhere from a few hours to several months or even years.

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I love seeing how many NSWFF diaries we have!! Don't forget to post in the thread in resource and PM this sock whenever you update :)

5. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    You might want to update the title of this thread to let people know that the challenge is now closed to new entries. I wrote and posted mine, then went to the Dear Diary thread in Resource to post a link ... only to find that I missed the deadline. [face_blush]

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Done. Sorry 'bout that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.