main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Dear Former YJN Member

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by jeigh, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I don't know if this is appropriate to post, but I know I don't believe that you're not going to log on and see if anyone had something to say about your little email, so I'm going to write this here anyway.

I don't know who you are, I don't know what you're talking about, but I do know that Stephanie Cooper and Tim Scott are friends of mine. I've known Stephanie for a while now, we went to school together, we lived together, and I went to see her over christmas break at her new apartment. I don't appreciate getting an email from someone who doesn't even post their name, telling me everything Steph has told me is lies.

When I saw her at the end of December, she didn't go blabbing gossip to me. She never felt the need to email me and try to make you look like a jerk. You on the other hand spread all kinds of nasty rumours in this mail, and then you can somehow sit there and try to tell me you're not trying to make her look bad. The only reason I can tell you that you're right, is because she hasn't made herself look bad.

What would you do if some weirdo emailed you without signing a name telling you that a good friend of yours is a liar? Would you be happy about it? Would you have any respect for the writer? Would you even belive them?

All you've done is make yourself look like a 1st class jerk, spread gossip, and make me very very angry.

2. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001
    I too received an email. I only know one person in YJN (none of the people named) and I don't think it's that person...AND, I'm not even entirely sure if I'm even a member or not as it's been so long since my last log-in here or anywhere else.

I didn't know of any of the events which were spoken of, none of the people (with the exception of Mr. Leigh..I knew of him before I knew of YJN and honestly haven't talked to him in about a year), and to my knowledge not even the sender of the email.

It really is an odd way to resolve an issue.

PL

3. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    I got the email aswell... and I'm not a YJN member. That's what confussed me the most.

4. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    what the...
    Just got this email myself.

My first reaction - there's a YJN X-Mas party today?!?

Second reaction was - oh yeah. Group politics. So that's why I don't log on anymore.

Hope that whatever it is, or was, or could be gets resolved, taken care of or laid to rest.

Anywho Happy New Year everyone - have a great party!

5. JediCourier

JediCourier Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    I was personally relieved by the end of the eMail where you were guilttripping us by saying you were a former potential member, you'll pardon me if I spill no tears knowing that YJN didn't attract a new drama-whore...I'm pretty sure that's the last thing the group needs.
    A hint for next time though, if you want people to feel sympathetic and regret your leaving, don't try to drag down established members with you. :)

6. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    (Out of the shadows)

My apologies to those that got the email (or even a PM). How ?he? got the emails is a bigger mystery.

The "former member" was having some issues with Tim and Steph. Tim and Steph requested that "he" be not permitted to attend any further Y.J.N. activities till the issues were worked out and they felt it comfortable for "him" to return to the club.

Sadly, it looks like the issues have snowballed and the former member has gone and done something rather rash, solidifying his departure from our club.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

This thread can be locked now.

(Back into the shadows)

7. Jedi_Squire

Jedi_Squire Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002
    I am really sorry other people became involved in this issue. Like "The Shadow" said, how that individual had those email addresses is a good question.
    I take responsibility for everyone being bothered by this. Everyone who got the email, this is in no way about you or anything you did. Odds are you did not even meet this person. That is the funny thing. You have been dragged into this, and you hae not even meet them.
    As much as I know, this is the last of it, so you should not find any emails from anymore "Mystery Men".
    Not bad, plugged two movies in this post.
    Hope everyone has a good day.
    Later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.