main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dear George,

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Mace Windy, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Dear George,

I am one of the leading members of the Jedi Council, but I always feel as though I am being ignored. Our Council is made up of twelve members, yet only two of us seem to ever speak regularly, with a third member occasionally voicing a his opinion. I've recently been informed by on the of "speaking" Jedi that my service is requested in freeing one of my Jedi comrades who is being help captive on Geonosis. My duty as a Jedi is to go along, but I have been too discouraged lately at my place within the Council that I am considering staying doing otherwise.
    What advice would you have for a disenchanted Jedi Master?

- Dino-sour

Dear Sour,

I can understand your pain. It must be very frustrating for a Jedi, after waiting all of his life to finally be granted a seat on the council, to finally get that opportunity of a life-time and not be allowed to speak, or if you do speak, not have your opinions taken seriously. Do not get discouraged, however. There is no problem that cannot be fixed without a little bit of hard work.
    If it is your Jedi duty to travel to Geonosis, than travel you must. However, don't look upon this situation as being forced to fight a battle for one of your outspoken leaders. Rather, look at this situation as being a great opportunity to show your worth to the Jedi Council. Perhaps, by performing a heroic deed, you will gain their ultimate respect and will once again have your opinions embraced by the leaders of the council. Fight hard and be fearless. You are a Jedi Master of the esteemed Jedi Council! Single-handedly take on a Sith Knight and a bounty-hunter if you must!

- George Lucas

Dear George,

I am a drug dealer who illegally distributes death sticks on the capital planet of Coruscant. To make matters worse, I am also severely addicted to the substance. I understand that if I were to be caught dealing or abusing the sticks, the consequences would be quite harsh. I have been trying to get my life in order, going long periods of time without touching the stuff, but I just can't kick the habit. I've tried everything to quit, but nothing has worked. What can you suggest to help me finally become death-stick free?

- Sick of the Stick Shtick

Dear Shtick,

The solution to your problem is simple. You live on the planet which houses the esteemed Jedi Council. Surely they can help! If I know anything about Jedi, I know that they are always more than willing to pitch in and lend a helping hand. Did you know that just by waving his or her hand, a Jedi could quickly cure you of your addiction? My simple solution: hang out at all of the local watering holes. The Jedi are notorious alcoholics, and in their goofy robes, you should have no trouble locating one. Keep up your drug dealer guise and pretend that you are attempting to sell the Jedi some death sticks. The Jedi will no doubt respond by performing one of the mythical "Jedi Mind Tricks" on you, and you'll be home free to start your new life!

- George Lucas

Dear George,

I am the son of a moisture farmer who lives with my disabled father at a remote homestead in the middle of the Tattoine desert. Recently, my girlfriend, father and I were visited by an unexpected guest -- my step-brother, whom I'd never before met. To say that he and I didn't get along would be an understatement. He was a Jedi and made no bones about it. I found him to be very condescending and he didn't seem to take to kindly to myself or my family. I didn't want to make a big deal out of things, out of respect for my father in lue of a recent family tragedy, (my step-mother just passed away) but I really wanted to confront our guest to tell him off. The last straw, however, came when he left. Much to my surprised amazement, I found that he stole our family's only protocol droid! I would love nothing more than to fill out the appropriate paper work and submit it to the local authorities, but my father won't allow it. He doesn't want to cause trouble for his former-wife's son.
    Wha

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Great stuff again, Windy. :D

3. PalpatineAntikristos

PalpatineAntikristos Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    "Chances are very good that if you were to ever bump into that droid again you won't even recognize it."

This is th best line in this thread and the best line in the Forums in a long time.

4. fosh-bantus88

fosh-bantus88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2003
    Dear george:

I'm a bounty hunter who is about to make the move on this guy im supossed to bring to my crime boss. I got the drop on him, but im starting to get nervous. what should i do?

dear anonymous:

shoot him.

5. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    [face_laugh] Classic.

But I want more! Palpatine ;) Jar Jar ;) Qui-Gon even (on how he cant seem to get his Jedi friends to listen), more i tells ya!

6. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    I know who two of the next three are gonna be... :D

7. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    great work!
    Who would think GL would be so good at giving advice?

8. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    That was great! [face_laugh]

9. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Windy is gonna be gone for a week... no updates for a bit. :(

10. Delorean_Kenobi

Delorean_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 14, 2003
    hang out at all of the local watering holes. The Jedi are notorious alcoholics

LOL!!

11. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    LMAO! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Owen's letter cracked me up! (and it was Anakin's droid!)

12. SPACEMONKEY20

SPACEMONKEY20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

Those are great.... [face_laugh]

Did anyone see the parody thread about Palpatine being interviewed on Larry King Live? This is very reminiscent, and just as funny.

13. SkywalkerSolo

SkywalkerSolo Jedi Master star 3

Jun 26, 2002
    [face_laugh] nice. [face_laugh]

-Sky

14. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    LOL ! [face_laugh]

15. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Lol, I like that:).

16. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Dear George,

Recently, I was invited to a secret royal wedding somewhere in the Naboo countryside. I'm a loyal protector of the bride and have worked with the groom one a few occasions when he was a little boy. I was honored to have been invited to such a prestigious election with such a small guest list, but now I am having second thoughts about going.

Not very long ago, I've bumped into an associate from my past. He, too, is invited to the wedding and has asked me if I'd like to go along as his date. Trouble is, I can't stand him. He left a bad impression on me the first time I met; his lewd conduct included exposing himself to me and walking around in public naked! On our second meeting, he was verbally abusive, and in a situation in which we were fighting for our very survival, all he could do was make bad puns!

I had enough compassion to save his life and weld his head back on, but I put my feet down to going along with him to this wedding!

What should I do? Should I hurt my friends feelings by not attending their wedding? If he is to attend this wedding, and I do not attend with him, I will surely hurt his feelings. I feel guilty about trying to kill him once, and I don't want to hurt him a second time. What should I do?

- Droid in Duress

Dear Droid,

You most certainly cannot cop out of this wedding. If it is indeed as prestigious as you say then you would be doing yourself and your friends a great disservice by not attending. As for whether or not you should attend with this particular driod is indeed a very difficult decision. In a life and death situation he makes puns and worse, he walks around nude! This is certainly not protocol behavior!

I find it interesting, however, that after you tried to kill him once, you decided to save his life, rather than allowing him to die a headless death. Perhaps you have other inner feelings about this droid other than distain? As bad as this droid may behave or treat you, perhaps you are feeling as though he is really the only one in this crazy, mixed-up galaxy that can understand you. If these, indeed are the feelings found in your metallic gut, then maybe you should give this driod one more chance, and accompany him to this wedding. Who knows, a beautiful relationship may begin!

- George Lucas

P.S. If that wedding of yours is truly a secret, and it is truly taking place somewhere on Naboo, then you have potentially done your friends a great disservice to announce their wedding. Luckily the Jedi and the members of the Royal family on Naboo have better things to do with their time than read "Dear George." In the future, however, if you ever carry some important information with you, you'd better keep that information to yourself!

:cool: Mace Windy,
    five years of windiness!

17. PalpatineAntikristos

PalpatineAntikristos Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    "In the future, however, if you ever carry some important information with you, you'd better keep that information to yourself!"

Lovely touch! I'm glad to see this thread return. If only we could get the "Larry King" thread bumped up on the 3SA for a legitimate reason other than to just bump it.

18. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    LOL! [face_laugh] Keep it coming Windy.

19. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Inspired. Simply inspired. :D

20. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Hehehehehe! I approve!

21. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
  22. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    awesome thread

23. Ralltiir_Tiger

Ralltiir_Tiger Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2004
    Excellent! Especially the Anakin one. But I agree with the others and I would really like to see a Palpatine letter.

24. origjedi

origjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2001
    Ha! Awesome Windy, just awesome!

25. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    SPACEMONKEY20, I know of the thread you're talking about! Great stuff!

The Jedi are notorious alcoholics, and in their goofy robes, you should have no trouble locating one.

*SpongeBob laugh* :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.