main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Dear Jabba-wocky,

Discussion in 'Community' started by Boba_Fett_2001 , Nov 24, 2012.

1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    What. BF2k&1, probably the single best comedic sequence in any movie on film is Chris Tucker singing Michael Jackson at a mafia club while Jackie Chan is trying to conduct an undercover investigation. Just trying to describe the premise makes me start giggling. And that's leaving aside gold like "He ain't gone be in Rush Hour 3."

Condition 2: I actually didn't mind too much. Previous iterations of the tale onscreen had more or less neglected the whole issue of how Moses understood his place in Egyptian society and his former relationships. While watching Charleston Heston and Yule Brenner be rivals since forever was alright, it was more convenient to the story and I'm not certain it made a great deal of sense. This was a fresh take on things, and pretty reasonably executed.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  2. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    J-w, answer the little question I sent you in private conversation.

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    You're using a blooper to make your argument? Really? :p

It's not a bad movie....just not as good as the first.

4. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm not saying it wasn't a good narrative/stylistic choice, just that my boyhood enthusiasm for diving into the Book of Exodus evaporated very quickly when I realized it wasn't going to merely going to be a transcription of one of my favorite movies :p . Turns out the Shakespearean drama would have to wait until 1 Samuel :p

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I dunno, I liked RH2 better than the first one ... but that might be because I saw the second one first, so the first one felt like a prequel :p

6. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    oh i knew about the uninvited. cant believe i missed that one. its such a mediocre film to be obsessed with, especially since he didnt like the (vastly superior) korean movie it was (very loosely) based on that i made him watch

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    wocky is definitely drunk. right?

8. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    What with so many terrible movies being made on annual basis, I am unsurprised you cannot recognize the mirth that accompanies a decent one.

9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I have never heard of Abraham Lincoln: The Movie.

MrZAP likes this.
  10. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    It stars the guy from that terrible boring milkshake movie that I never got through because I feel asleep on four different attempts to watch it and never woke up until long after it was over. Once after getting more than 10 hours of sleep the previous night.

Life likes this.
  11. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Milkshake movie?

12. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Yes, it is about oil fields or something. But the big line everyone remembers is "I drink your milkshake! I DRINK IT ALL UP."

Life likes this.
  13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Wocky, you always call it You Will Be Bored.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  14. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Yes, that is the most accurate name, but I didn't think she would know what that was, and I was hoping you would get here to explain it before now.

MrZAP and Life like this.
  15. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    The first hour of There Will Be Blood is astounding filmmaking. The rest...not so much.

16. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I had to figure it out on my own, like when you used Battleship Potempkin to refer to Homeland because it stars Mandy... Patinkin.

17. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I thought he meant No Sympathy for Old Trolls.

Boba_Fett_2001 and Ender_Sai like this.
  18. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Wocky, are you related to William Faulkner? Is this just free word association happening in your mind?

MrZAP likes this.
  19. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    The movie is simply called Lincoln. And it pales in comparison to the movie where Honest Abe hacks up vampires.

Ender_Sai likes this.
  20. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    An Australian film. Interesting.

21. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I watched said Australian film. It was okay.

22. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Maybe he didn't know it was Australian, and now that I've spoiled it he'll find flaws?

23. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Does it matter how one fictitious story is further embellished in another iteration? It wouldn't surprise me one bit if 50 years from now they'll actually paint Moses as blonde and caucasian in a new movie and have the egyptian soldiers/opressors armed with laz0r shootin' staffs.

The Rush Hour films. Yeah. Wocky, without a doubt, you're about the weirdest movie snob I've seen in these threads so far. Or maybe you were drunk when you posted in this thread. Gotta be.

24. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Lincoln was one of the most boring movies I've watched this year, and I watched The Tree of Life this year, so that's saying something. I can't imagine what you found so interesting in it. In fact, the most interesting thing about it for me was looking at Lee Pace's beautiful face and ignoring everything he was saying and thinking about Breaking Dawn 2.

Master_Jacen and Lowbacca_1977 like this.
  25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000

Which Uninvited?