main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT Dear Luke and Leia (Anakin Skywalker vignette; AU) posted 10/4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMaster_Jen, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Title: Dear Luke and Leia
    Summary: A father records a letter to his children.

Disclaimer: George Lucas created Star Wars. Star Wars, LucasFilm Ltd. and all its content are currently owned and operated by the Walt Disney Company.

Luke and Leia,

My sweet children, by the time you are old enough to understand this I will have been gone from your lives for many years. I am so sorry that I won't be there to watch you take your first steps. I am so sorry that I won't be there to catch you when you fall, or to bandage your scrapes. My babies, you are my pride and my joy. I will spend the rest of my life watching you both from afar. I will see your triumphs and your failures. I will rejoice with you when you succeed and cry with you when you do not. I will sympathize and empathize with you when you are forced to make a decision that takes you away from those you love. You may never understand why you do not have a father in your life. Nor do I imagine that you will forgive me my absence from your lives. I cannot, and will not ask for that forgiveness. I will simply say that I was forced to make a choice before you were born. My paths were clear. Light or Dark. Good or Evil. Right or Wrong. These were my choices. The two of you and your mother were not an option, much as I still wish that had not been the case. I chose Light. I chose Good. I chose Right. You may never understand why choosing those things precluded my involvement in your lives. It is my hope that you never face a choice like the one I confronted. Live well, my beautiful Luke and Leia. You are my life, even if you are not a part of my life. I love and cherish you both. Be good for your mother.

Love Always, Your Father,
    Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  2. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Wow, I guess Palpatine's really got Anakin convinced.

3. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Okay, this has really thrown me off. Is this AU, or some other way of looking at it, cause I really don't think Anakin was in this kind of mood at the end of Episode 3. But nicely written. It was very sweet, to me, almost like a glimpse of what it could have been like had Anakin actually chosen the light over the dark. Maybe that's what this is, cause if youthink about it, if Anakin had chosen to stay with the Jedi, he very well might have left Padme and gone along with the whole forbidden love deal. Great letter, it was nice. :)

4. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    SkalenFehl and Jade_Skywalker~Oops. I forgot to add the AU to the subject line. [face_blush] It makes a little more sense if you know from the beginning that it's AU. Anyway, Jade, you're right on with your guess.

Thanks for reading, both of you.

5. angel_gidget

angel_gidget Jedi Master star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    Oooh! I get it! It's that Anakin chose light, but since he did, the council could tell him what to do. They told him to become a jedi master and abandon is "normal" life. Am I right?

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautifully done! I always know I'll be reading something great when it's got your name next to it!

7. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Very nice! A different view of what might have been. It would be cool to see this expanded into a story. Hint, hint.

8. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    Interesting, well written and poignant. It expresses well where the code would take Anakin.

It also places in stark relief the general immorality of the Jedi Code... Light/Good = abandon your wife and kids. Bad/Dark = have a normal, healthy life.

Note also, the seemingly absolute lack of understanding of Palpatine and the Sith evident in the Code. They could care less about attachment, but as a route to power. In some ways, that's all that they're about: the vicarious thrill of exercising power over others. They're O'Brien in 1984, not the Grand Inquisitor.

Sorry, for the rant, but I have deep trouble with the idea of the Jedi, as expressed in their philosophy, as good in any sense, except for contradiction to the Sith.

9. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    angel_gidget~You are right. Anakin chose to remain a Jedi, so he had to sever his attachment to Padme, and thus to their children as well.

VaderLVR64~Thank you so much. I feel the same about your writing.

LukesTheMan~Thanks a bunch. Expand this one? I wish I had the time but I'm already writing three full length fics right now. Glad you liked this, though.

GunraysLawyer~Don't worry about the rant. Glad you liked the letter.

10. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    This was very well written and very enjoyable to read. It really got my imagination going wondering what Anakin meant and what would have happened had he chosen that path. And I'll echo the thought that this would probably make a great story if expanded on. Maybe once you have finished the others you might find the time for this? Anyway, it was wonderful and I'll have to go read some more of your writing!

11. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    Awwwww...what a great viggie! I guess this would be what would have happened if Anakin had chosen the light side....hmmm...darn Jedi codes! Anyways, this was wonderful....and yes this would be a great story if you should ever have the time to expand on it. ;)

12. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Jedi_of_Imladris~Glad you enjoyed it. Please do read more. I'm always in search of constructive criticism.

BrownEyes_Blue~Thanks for reading.

darn Jedi codes!

I agree. [face_laugh]

13. SenatorHermione

SenatorHermione Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2004
    Very nice! It was sweet and sad at the same time. Lovely work.

14. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    SenatorHermoine~Thanks so much. I'm glad you liked it.

15. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Lovely work, JM Jen. It may be AU, but I'd like to think Anakin would feel this in his heart, no matter what happens to him at the end of Revenge of the Sith.

16. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks Arwyn.

I'd be nice if Anakin could feel that way about his children even when he falls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.