main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Dear Skyryder...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Lost
    You are unhappy with work. Well, welcome to the real world mister. Unless your name is Paris Hilton get used to crappy jobs where you are under appreciated because you'll have them all your life. I only know a handfull of people who actually work in the field they went to school for. If the benefits and pay are the only things keeping you there well.... what else is there? Stay.

Ok seriously, if you don't like your job leave. Just have something to replace it. Because if you think your second question is hard now, just think how hard it will be to get a girl when you ain't got no job. Remember the TLC song "No Scrubbs"

To answer your second question, I say to move on. You can't force anyone to like or love you. If they don't click with you then fine, there are other fish in the sea. Stop wasting your time with someone who isn't interested and use that energy to find someone who is. Don't take it personal either. Just because someone isn't interested in you doesn't mean you are a bad person, it just means that the person isn't interested in you. That simple.

Hang in there. Don't overthink these problems. It will happen.

By the Force
    Skyryder

2. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Cry Wolf (I added that last part)
    Have you asked anyone? You can't really complain if you haven't done anything. I didn't know you were here for just one more month. I heard there was an event this weekend. Are you going? And from your track record, do we really know it's one more month? Really?

By the Force
    Skyryder

3. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear No Name
    I have a degree in social work. How would I know such things? I help people with social problems.
    But since you ask, here goes my educated answer to your question. I thought very long and hard on this one and have come up with this response.

No.

By the Force Skyryder

4. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Silly
    Do what makes you happy. Just don't let it take over to where it interfers with your life or the lives of others.

Oh and on another note Sarah Vowell seems cool. I googled her. I guess you learned of her from The Daily Show? Or Conan?

By the Force
    Skyryder

5. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Or The Incredibles!

6. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Thanks, SR. ;)
    I *think* I first saw her on Conan, but have definitely seen her on TDS and the Incredibles too (well, *heard* her), and read at least one of her essays.

7. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Dear Skyryder,
    How many boards would the Mongols hoarde if the Mongol hoardes got bored?

Questioningly,
    Tongue-tied

8. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Tongue
    The Mongols are an ethnic group that originated in the Central Asian plateau between the areas of the Gobi Desert and Siberia.

Now there isn't much wood to be found in those regions so I think to answer your question, Mongol hoardes would horde wood, as they would be board hordeing woods such as these:

Gobi Desert
    [image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/gobi1.jpg] [image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/gobi2.jpg] [image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/gobi3.jpg]

Siberia
    [image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/siberia1.jpg] [image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/siberia2.jpg] [image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/siberia3.jpg]

By the Force
    Skyryder

9. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Dear Skyryder,

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Jar-Jar lollipop?

Thanks,

Tootsie on Tatooine

10. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Tootsie
    Why would you want to? Yuck!
    But for educational purposes if you really want to know send me one and I will do the research and let you know.

By the Force
    Skyryder

11. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Dear Skyryder,

I've gained 5 pounds in the past month. I'm on a binge of bad eating. Last week, I ate a hamburger, a big hot dog, a slice of pizza, potato salad, doritos, chocolate chip cookies, and fruit for one meal! Today I tried the Pastrami Burger at Carl's Jr. It was delicious, but my pants are too tight now. Am I on the way to destruction? What is causing this binge? How an I stop and lose these 5 pounds before things get out of control?

Signed,
    Not wanting to be one of THOSE Jedi

12. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Dear Skyryder,

Fuzzywuzzy was a bear.
    Fuzzywuzzy had no hair.
    Fuzzywuzzy wan't fuzzy, was he?

Obi-Wan the Pooh

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Fat Jedi
    Losing weight is hard, and it takes a long time if you do it right. You just have to make better choices. Only you can stop putting food in your mouth. You just have to be strong and take control. Are you eating because you are bored? Try doing something else. Don't go to fast food restaurants except maybe Subway and only then get the six inch without mayo.

Do you exercise? Go to the gym. Forty minutes of cardio four times a week will along with watching what you eat will drop those five pounds.

I know I've lost 30 since January.

14. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    or try refraining from six meatballs before a giant prime rib...

(not saying that happened, but hypothetically)

15. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I lost 2 inches off my waist by cutting out the processed sugar in my diet and regular exercise.

16. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Dear Skyryder,

I've been feeling irritable lately. Some of my co-workers, who I like as friends, did not support our latest job action and it makes me feel betrayed. How do I stop having such mean feelings towards these rats/scabs?

Out two days wages

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Out Two Days
    Before you let your anger take over you need to know what their reasons were for not following along. Maybe they could not afford to lose two days pay.

There could be many reasons why but basically, you can't let the actions of others ruin your day. I do hope that you do get what you deserve though, and that the actions of those who didn't participate won't harm the work you were trying to do.

By the Force
    Skyryder

18. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Dear Skyryder,

Apparently I have to like sweaty men with their shirts off to post pictures here.

How do you get past the nose hair and b.o.?

Please help,
    Heterosexual Male

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Skyryder
    Is it ok to date someone from work? You see we just hired this new guy who works really close to me like less than five feet, and we do the exact same job. He's really nice and we have lots in common; same age, both from the south, have the same last name, both go by our middle names, and then the most important thing we like the same type of people.

Last night I even went over to his house. He was having a party and invited me over. We had a good time, even played at the children's playground next door on the merry-go-round. It was all too cute.

So what should I do?

Signed Myself

Dear Me
    This is a tricky fine line you walk. Move slowly. Workplace relationships can work, but they can also be awkward if things don't work out. Make sure he feels the same if you decided to persue the issue.

By the Force
    Skyryder

20. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Skyryder is in love! How sweet! [face_love]

21. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Dear Skyryder:

As long as you don't permanently ditch your old lunch buddy, and take it slow, I see no reason why not! He is nice, cute, and smart. Make plans to remain friends if it doesn't work out. Or just get him fired. But I hope it works out! Just don't forget your old lunch buddy... :(

Signed,
    Skyryder's Lunch Buddy

(Don't forget me -- did I mention that? :D)

22. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Dear Myself (SR),

Well, my policy was to not date anyone from work just in case it did not work out. As most of you know, that did not work out as I met Mr. DH at work. You need to weigh your options, how will work be if you are together? Will your relationship affect your work? If things don't work out will you still be able to work amicably next to each other? I'd hate for you to miss out on an excellent opportunity.

Good luck! I hope things work out.

BTF,

DH (friendly shoulder)

May I say that JB's tongue in cheek "suggestion" to "just get him fired" in the event it doesn't work out made me laugh?

23. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I dated this chick from work once...
    this is what ended up....

http://marshallnaiman.freehosting.net/images/us_dance.jpg
    [image=http://marshallnaiman.freehosting.net/images/us_dance.jpg]

Of course years later...

http://marshallnaiman.freehosting.net/images/web_smwsa_happy.jpg
    [image=http://marshallnaiman.freehosting.net/images/web_smwsa_happy.jpg]

24. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Dear Myself,

Workplace relationships are like walking on thin ice. You don't want to get too involved, but you also don't want to ignore the person. I was told never to date(or sleep with) anyone who works with you. Because of a conflict of interest, and any one wrong thing either of you sees or does can easily be misinterprited by the other person. I would tread lightly on this. Trust in the Force, and follow your heart, not the voices in your head.

Regards,
    Jedi of the Sun (Sol_Jedi)

25. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I also always heard "don't date anyone from work," and look where it got me (LOL). Seriously though, I've heard that the advice has been updated that it's OK just so long as one of you is not the other's boss or neither of you is otherwise "spoken for." But, if it doesn't work out, hmn, that would concern me. I always found it extremely difficult to remain even moderately friendly with exes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.