main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Dear Skyryder...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Still testing the waters. We HR and myself, had lunch together today.

Sorry JB. I felt bad leaving you out.

2. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Dear Skyryder,

Don't feel bad -- it's hard to find that special someone. I have my fingers crossed for you!

Signed,
    Always a Lunch Buddy

3. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Lunch Buddy
    Thank you.

Skyryder

4. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Dear Skyryder,

Everytime I pull something out of my pocket, i.e. money, my keys, nunchucks, a wad of lint comes out with it. I find it really embarrasing when I have to pay someone for something, and I hand them money with lint attached to it. What can I do to prevent lint from forming in my pockets?

Signed,

Embarrassed Ninja

5. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Excel - LINT!
    (Air-guitar riffs)

6. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Ninja
    Are you kidding me? :confused:
    When you wash your jeans try turning your pockets out first. That should help.

By the Force
    Skyryder

7. JediMia

JediMia Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    Dear Skyryder,

As you know I?m a newbie and ever since I joined this group I have been an avid participant on the boards. This posting thingy can be quite addicting. If I?m hoarding the place, please warm me. Am I on the verge of seeking a message board therapist? MBaholics?!? [face_worried]

Signed,
    Worried

8. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Boardaholic
    Don't worry too much about the postings. In a way it is therapy. Writing things down that worry you or upset you or even things that make you happy gives tangability to your problems. It's like writing a to do list or keeping a diary. So don't go looking for therapy everything you need is right here.

Just don't get in trouble at work. And the good thing about this message board is that you actually know and have met the people you are talking to so it isn't like you are talking to strangers in far off countries you will never meet. It's like mass emailing to all your friends.

Welcome to the Boards and to LAFanForce

Skyryder

9. JediMia

JediMia Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    So true. Zillion Thanks! :)

10. Rowe_Solo

Rowe_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2007
    Dear Skyryder,

I'm having a problem at work, you see the people that I work with are sooooo soooo boring (ZZZZ) and tense, they don't have a sense of humor and there always stressing out about the stupid boss Darth Richard!! I don't even know why they stress about him, he's silly and he hardly is ever there. I work in a music company so you would think that most people would be real and down to earth, but no they're self absorbed and they think they're better than everyone else. What should I do?? I'm just an intern!!

RoweSolo,Bexxdurron

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Bored BexxDurron
    Not much you can do really to change the attitudes of others. You just have to make the best of the situation. Good thing is you're an intern which means you won't be there long. Take the experience learn all you can put it on a resume and look for the permanant job when the time comes.

It's funny you should say that about your music company. I work for Sony Pictures and I hear the same thing about our music department. You would think that people who listen to music all day would be happy right? Maybe they all need some quite time. Or a stiff drink.

By the Force
    Skyryder

12. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Dear Skyryder,

The U.S. Census Bureau has flatly denied my existence. What should I do? :confused:

Signed

{Name Withheld Upon Request}

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Name Withheld.

Rob a bank. If you don't exist you should be able to get away with it. If you do I'll take a cut. Thanks

By The Force
    Skyryder

14. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Dear Skyryder,
    My coworker turns on her portable TV every day at about noon. I wouldn't mind, except she plays it really loud (about 65 decibels) and sticks the darn thing right next to our shared wall.

I have asked her to turn it down, which she did for about 5 minutes, & then turned it right back up again.

I usually listen to my music at about 45-50 decibels on my computer and my speakers are about 4-5 ft away from her wall.

Can you teach me a force power (or recommend a real 21st century gadget) to encourage her to keep the sound down or move her damn TV?

15. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Dear Skyryder,

How did this extremely helpful thread end up on the bottom of the second page? I blame this Portland poster who starts little threads about nothing all the time.

Now that our fearless leader has announced her big move, who will ascend the throne to become our new leader? It seems to be a cursed position. The "originator" dropped off the face of the earth. His successor moved out of state and now our own beloved VK is leaving. Why must there be change?

Sad and lonely and desperate for the status quo

16. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Sad and Lonely

What was it that Yoda said to Anakin. Don't worry about friends long gone, as they have become one with the Force? Something like that. Don't blame me it's early.

I think changes are in effect and a new leader will be announced soon. As for the old leaders, I doubt you won't ever see them again. DB I see once a month and VK is only going to SD. Do you know how many times a month I see SD SW people? SoCal is just one big happy community (as long as no one gets sued) and we will see VK plenty.

Oh and just think of it this way. Party at VKs at Comic Con!!!!

By the Force
    Skyryder

17. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Dear Skyryder,

I had not thought of the party situation for Comic-Con. I feel 100 times better! Yeah!

Happy again.

18. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    It is my job to make everyone happy. My work here is finished. I'll go back to the command ship and await someone's orders.

19. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Dear Skyryder,

I'm on spring break and bored. What should I do?

~ Bored to Tears.

20. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Everyone is totally invited to come on down. If I wasn't so far from downtown San Diego, I would say every night, but maybe a before or after will work, too :).

21. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Dear Skyryder,
    Is it true that skyryders in flight are afternoon delight?

- Curious

22. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
  23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Curious

I know all about that subject and yes you're right.

An "Afternoon Delight" is a code word for intimacies during one's lunch break, a phrase made popular by The Starland Vocal Band, with these lyrics "Sky rockets in flight. Afternoon delight. Afternoon delight."

By The Force
    Skyryder

24. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Dear Skyryder,
    If someone tells you he or she is a liar, should you belive them?
    Thanks.

Honest Abe

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Abe
    I never lie, but I also never tell the truth either. So you can trust me when I lie to you. Yes you can believe someone who says that they lie. Or you can read these lines of dialog from one of my favorite movies.

Man in Black: All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.
    Vizzini: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
    Man in Black: You've made your decision then?
    Vizzini: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.
    Man in Black: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
    Vizzini: Wait til I get going! Now, where was I?
    Man in Black: Australia.
    Vizzini: Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
    Man in Black: You're just stalling now.
    Vizzini: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
    Man in Black: You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.
    Vizzini: IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!
    Man in Black: Then make your choice.
    Vizzini: I will, and I choose - What in the world can that be?
    Vizzini: [Vizzini gestures up and away from the table. Roberts looks. Vizzini swaps the goblets]
    Man in Black: What? Where? I don't see anything.
    Vizzini: Well, I- I could have sworn I saw something. No matter.First, let's drink. Me from my glass, and you from yours.
    Man in Black, Vizzini: [they drink ]
    Man in Black: You guessed wrong.
    Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...
    Vizzini: [Vizzini stops suddenly, and falls dead to the right]
    Buttercup: And to think, all that time it was your cup that was poisoned.
    Man in Black: They were both poisoned. I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.