main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Dear Skyryder...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    ZAP, if there's one you really prefer, then go for that one and not try to go after one of the other's because it may just be more convienient, because then you enter a realm of mixed emotions. In which case, either go for the one you prefer most, or wait to go after one of the others until you've processed fully just why you can't go after the one you do prefer most.
    If it really is that they're all at parity, then first of all, throw out the one thats in a relationship. You don't want to be in a situation where you want to pursue someone already in a relationship because its a very bad spot to be in. You don't want to end up hoping the relationship ends for your gain, or making it seem like you do, and then if it doesn't end, you're just left hanging. If the other is too busy for a relationship (really, if there's any factor why the relationship just won't work at this point) then you don't want to put her into a position of having to make that choice, be courteous and don't force that one.
    So that'd leave the one you did ask out anyway.

Plus a "you must do what you feel is right, of course" in there for good measure.

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Dear Skyryder,

What the heck is going on with our boards lately? This is not a discussion thread, it is an advice thread from Skyryder to the rest of us. And may I thank APL for calling this thread thoroughly cheesed? Please Skyryder, how can we bring balance back to our boards?

Slightly scared and irritated

3. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Dear Skyryder,
    Why is everyone else answering the questions posed to you?

Sincerely,

Losing the Faith

4. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Dear LAFF:

(I'm going to stand in for Skyryder since he's in London, although that's generally frowned upon)

Some of you who are newer may not be "getting" this thread. Please read the first page of posts for hints on how this thread started and what its tone is. That will probably help. Also, let's please leave the "answering" to SR -- as that's kinda the point of "Dear Skyryder." :) Thanks!

Signed,
    A Concerned CR

5. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Dear Skyryder:

Is it time for another "Queen of the Boards" competition? I feel one coming on...

Feeling silly,
    JB

6. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Dear Skyryder,

Next time you go to Europe can you take me with you?

Sincerely,
    Don't get out much

7. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Oh for Pete's sake.

Dear Everyone
    Let me break this down for everyone one last time. As far as dating goes date whoever makes you the happiest and who you make happy. It is really simple, there is no need for debating.

I would like my thread back now.

And who is Pete anyway?

By the Force
    Skyryder

8. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Dear Skyryder,

Do you have any pointers for someone who might start going to a university next year? Is there anything I should look out for and be aware of? I've only done the JC thing and have only dreamed of university life. Any advice will be grateful.

Sincerely,
    Lost in Wonderland

9. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    SJ,
    Not to cheese the thread any more than I already have, but did you notice the time of your post? 11:38!!!!! George would be proud! :)

10. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Lost
    You really stumped me on this one. It has been 11 years since I applied to college. I barely remember going. Are you asking how one would get accepted to college or what one does after getting accepted? Your post was sort of vague to me.

If you are asking on how to apply then that would be as I'm sure you know something you can find out about online at the college of your choice. Things vary from school to school, some require certain GPA from High School and your JC coarse work, other don't. Being a minority (I suppose that's still the case for you in SoCal) there could be usuful information regarding programs that help Hispanics etc. to go to school.

If you are asking about what one should do after starting school I would say stay away from the all you can eat lunch buffet. We had one at UT Austin and I swear I ate my body weight daily and I would cram hamburgers into my bag to carry back to the dorm. Also try not to work alot while going to school. I know that is hard but I worked and went to school and I know my grades suffered from it. I wish I didn't have to but that was just how it was and it sucked.

By the Force
    Skyryder

11. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I don't get home till late sometimes when I have school that evening.

SR, thanks for the advice. I know I have a good shot of getting in, it's what to do and/or expect when on campus. I want to do a lot but I know that work will get in the way. Your advice on trying not to work as much will stick to me dearly. Thank you for the advice.

12. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Dear Skyryder,

I live in the North West (location withheld for privacy purposes).

Recently my good friend moved from the North West back to the Los Angeles area. Ever since he moved I have been sad. I am having Wii withdrawal and my bed has never felt so lonely.

What should I do?

Please help.

Sincerely,
    The pitcher

13. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Dear Skyryder,

The above post made me laugh so hard I almost choked on my food. How can we make the pitcher move back down here?

Sincerely,
    Laughing my posterior off and yet sad inside

14. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Dear Skyryder,

Is it bad that the above post made me assume DH was calling DB a catcher, and that it took at least a full minute to come up with a more appropriate scenario?

Laughing juvenile-ly,
    Starprincess

PS--remember Mr. Cranky and Mr. Angry in bed together in Indy? Good times.

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear All of the Above

Dirty Minds you have. Ok, Mr. Pitcher, I thought you had someone to keep your bed warm? Anyway I know it sucks when friends move away. That happened to me when my two friends I moved out here to California with up and moved back to Texas. We three spent all our time together that I never made any real outside friends so when they left me I felt a huge void inside. That's when I decided to get out and make new friends. I joined clubs, this one in particular and did some crazy thing called Stand Up where I met some new people and had new experiences.

That's what you have to do. You need to find things that interest you and join others with the same interest. It's the only way you are going to meet people and warm that bed of yours.

Good Luck
    (and if that doesn't work then move out of the woods darn it)

By The Force
    Skyryder

16. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Dear Skyryder,

Last night I slammed my thumb while working out. It hurt so bad I couldn't fall asleep last night. Today, most of the thumbnail looks pink and healthy and it did not bleed last night or today, but the area at the base of the thumbnail is a little purple.

Will I live?

Do I have to stick my hand in a bacta tank until it gets better?

Do I need a prosthetic thumb? Noooooo!

17. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
  18. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
  19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Go bionic for a replacement. You can be a champion thumb wrestler.

20. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Thank you, SR. I have always wanted to be a martial arts champion....of some kind.

21. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Dear Skyryder,
    I can't seem to get myself motivated to do everything I need to be doing, especially in relation to classwork and I can feel I'm losing focus and patience. What should I do?

- Drifting

22. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Drifting
    This is a common occurance. It happens to me from time to time. You go through cycles, sometimes it's up sometimes it's down. Now, you want to make sure that your ups are more frequent than your downs and you want to make sure that your downs don't last longer than a couple of weeks. There may be a more serious problem there.

Sometimes it is a condition of one's self. I know a few people who when put under a lot of pressure shut down completely which then only adds more. You don't want to do this. Things will only get worse and you will feel overwhelmed causing you even more stress and anxiety.

Here is what I suggest you do. Put everything in order of importance and focus on those things that really matter to you. The minor things can wait. I'm guessing the most important thing for you now is school. There is no easy way to get around that one. You have to go and you have to do your best. I worked and went to school at the same time too and it sucked but I had to do it and I had no car back then so I had to walk or when it rained took the bus (I know freezing snow and uphill both ways).

Simple solution take a day or two off from work if you can. Call in sick. Schedule yourself some Lobacca time. Go and do something you love for a day and don't think about work or school. Then try and get a good night sleep take drugs if you have to. Then you will feel recharged and hopefully motivated again.

Hope that helps a little.
    By The Force
    Skyryder

23. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Dear SR,

All I want to do is date, drink, party and eat red meat and/or sushi, again. (and watch baseball) But of course, a lot of that is with you. So its your fault.

I think I drive too fast too, especially on Lincoln/Sepulveda at 5 AM.

Is this healthy? How do I choose?

signed,

True hedonist...

24. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Dear SR,

I just went on an interview for a promotion in another department this morning. I think I would really like this job. Should I send a thank you note? Is sending it via email OK?

Could you write it for me?

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Skyryder
    No one asks you questions anymore. Your thread was all the way on page three. I did notice you had 20 pages and 498 (now 499) posts.

Signed
    You don't send me flowers

Dear Flower
    It may be because you are a fraud. A Dear Abby wanna be.

By the Force
    Skyryder

Jerk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.