main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Dear Skyryder...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Dear Skyrider,
    Know any good Ewok recipes? Just hopped the Star Tours shuttle to Endor, and the place is packed with the little varmints.
    Thanks!

Hungry on the Forest Moon

2. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Aaaaayyyyy Sky-man,

Dig that cool Grease advice! Only you could put it into words, daddy-o. Keep up the good work, my man!

Wolfman Jack

3. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear DarthAstuart
    I don't know, but I'm flattered.

4. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Hungry
    I know the answer to this question easy. RuthChris

nothing is better than 500 degrees melted buttah

5. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Billy in Bespin
    If you don't have friends, you don't have nothing. Get your butt in gear and help out your friend!

By the Force
    Skyryder

6. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Hungry on the Forest Moon,

But these are my friends! You can't eat Ewoks. Try and find something else. It's a forest for force sake, find something.

By the Force
    Skyryder

7. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Dear Skyryder,

I am writing to you because I heard you were wise and compassionate. I am going to a large function out of state with a Star Wars theme and I don't have a costume. All I have is my Revenge of the Sith t-shirt from Comic-Con. Should I not go? Should I be embarrassed and sit at a table in the corner? Should I go to a dumpster behind my local Vons, hoping to find an old potato sack so I can be Shmi? This is my most desperate hour.

Respectfully,
    Unclothed

8. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    dear SR -

I am a guy without a care in the universe, well except for the fact i owe some money to a certain vile Hutt. i have a faithful companion Wookiee and a trusty blaster at my side. Some call me a scoundrel others a pirate...but as an ol saying goes "I'm just a simple man making his way in the universe". I have a ship i "Aquired" in a card game from another "scoundrel". But people seem to dis my ride! They call it a "piece of junk" or make sarcastic remarks: "we're goin in that thing? you're braver than i thought". Also, some look at me in amazement when i tell them that with this ship, I made the Kessell run in less than 12 par-secs or have outrun imperial cruisers. One guy even called it "the fastes hunk of junk in the galaxy". How rude! But when there's trouble or things look bleak everyone calls on me and my ship to help them out!!! Though I have made some special modifications to her, she may not look like much but she's got it where it counts....Am i being overily sensitive about my baby?
    thanks
    sincerely...
    Pantha Poodoo

9. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    Dear SkyRyder-

I'm an adolecent in love with a beautiful senator. i met her many years ago on my homeworld of Tatooine. I thought she was an angel!!! Now I'm all grown up and in training to become a jedi. I lost my arm in a duel with a dark lord of the sith on Geonosis a few years back...However, lately I've been having some nightmares that keep me awake at night. I dream of a huge dark figure wearing all black with a breathing problem. There's an old man who hides under a hooded cloak and he's shooting light or something from his arthritic looking hands. while this is happening i keep hearing these words in my head "I got chills they're multiplying and I'm losing control. Cause the power you're supplying...it's electrifying"
    What does this mean?
    Thank you....
    Padawannabe

10. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Unclothed
    Costuming is fun, though not a necessity for the trip. If time constraints and money have you down in the dumps no need to go there to find a costume. Your friends will accept you no matter what. If you feel you must put something together, there are many online references that can help. Just remember, not all Jedi look the same, and any nice dress fixed up a little could be a possible Senate outfit. The possibilities are as endless as the star systems in the galaxy far far away.

Good Luck
    By the Force
    Skyryder

I can pass on those online references if you are interested.

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Padawannabe
    The dreams can mean only one thing... You have issues with male authority figures. Or you want to star in the broadway production of Grease!

By the Force
    Skyryder

12. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Dear Skyryder:

I'm wondering if we're going to see "stars" on April Fools Day like we did last year. Will I be able to restrain myself from starting another "nonsense" thread?

Stargazer

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Stargazer
    I'm afraid I've failed you this time because I don't know what "stars" you are talking about?

But feel free to post as many nonsense threads as you like. I hear our RSA loves them!

By the Force
    Skyryder

14. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Dear Skyryder,

I just want to clarify what Stargazer mentioned. Last year on AFD, there were stars next to your name that indicated your number of posts (that was awkward). It caused some to have star envy so people were posting just to get more stars. It was very funny. Hope this helps.

Loving AFD

15. BithJedi

BithJedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2004
    Dear Rydersky,

I miss the stars.

That's not a question, I know. O.K., what should I do if I've lost one of my favorite earrings?

Feeling lopsided,
    BithJedi

16. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    Ooh ooh, can i reply to this one?

dear Lopsided -
    Though i'm no expert like Mr SR -
    May i suggest wearing your hair longer on the other side when you wear the one earing, that way no one will notice!
    hope that helped!

NoFashionSense

JB...you know I'm just messing with you! :D

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Lopsided
    Unless you want to go back to the days of the '80's you are just going to have to live with your loss. Loss is difficult, but time will heal as the old saying goes. Keep looking for your earring, maybe it will show up, also just backtrack every where you were the last time you had it. Until then accept your loss. It's tough, but with time you will overcome.

By the Force
    Skyryder

18. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Dear Skyryder,

Okay, I don't know what prompted this but here goes. I have dreams (or nightmares - I got a mullet this last time) that I cut my hair short before Celebration. The answer afterwards is "you could always wear extensions" but that sort of ruins all the trouble I've gone through for the past couple of years. I am always distraught in the dream after the cut. I plan to cut off my hair to donate either after celebration or after ROTS, I haven't decided yet, so I don't understand the reason for the dreams. Are my dreams telling me not to cut my hair even afterwards or are they telling me to just use extensions because despite the trouble my hair is still not long enough? Help!

Hair today

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Hair Today
    That is a crazy question. Donating your hair is great. I suggest you wait until after May 19th. I have no background in this, but that is my gut feeling. This reminds me of the short story Gift of the Maji sp?.

By the Force
    Skyryder

20. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Dear SR,

I have been waiting basically three years for this cool movie to come out. All my friends have too. I am seeing the movie 7 days before them, because I am really cool. But, something has changed:

I have a hardcover version of the book, and can read it. Its in my car now. Do I spoil my wait, and start to read? Or wait till May 12th? Part of me wants to look, but part wants to wait. I can't decide whats appropriate, and whats not.

Signed,

tempted and sober

21. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Temped and Sober (sorry to hear by the way, it's a terrible state to be in)

I say wait. You are going to be so busy between now and then you won't have time. I bet you know most of the plot already, just not the minor details. Remember good things come to those who wait.

Oh who am I kidding, I read the comic version myself. But I don't think I will read it when my book comes, I want to be surprized a little.

22. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Dear skyryder,

I've been waiting in line for several days in front of a theatre, only to find out that the movie wont be playing there. What should I have for dinner?

-confused.

23. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Dear Skyryder,
    Someone keeps yelling at me to vote in polls. So many decisions to make! I can't take it anymore!!

Out of Control

24. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Confused
    Go have a meal in line at the Chinese. There are lots of restaurants nearby, and lots of people to talk to. Hooters is right across the street. You should enjoy that.

By the Force
    Skyryder

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Out
    Things are out of control. And I expect that they will only get more out of control as the weeks go by. Lots of new people posting as the interest in Star Wars rises like Lord Vader. Just remember to stay calm.

And for any new people, be respectful of the boards, don't start similar threads, it is a waste of space. We welcome your comments, but don't go overboard.

By the Force
    Skyryder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.