main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dear Tam - Post Jedi AU Diary, How it Ended, and Began Again, (OC's/L -H/L- Complete)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthBreezy, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Dear Tam

AN ? This is a little companion piece (like everything else I write) that takes place in my little Universe that disregards almost all the EU post Jedi ? the most recent story being written with Golden_Jedi, called Sailing Little Boats.

Edit to add some Big important Author?s notes first.

First off, I can?t tell you how pleased I am to know you?re all here. I hope you?ll stick with ?us? as we go along. I have my PM list compiled from this last bout of replies, and if you ever want to be removed, please do let me know, I don?t want to ?bother? anyone who?s not interested in ?my? ramblings. This will be a long haul as I intend to see it through to the end of the year!

With 20 entries in the bank, I?ll probably stick to posting twice a week ? shooting for Mondays and Thursdays ? but you know how life can bite you ? However, fear not as the Twice a week schedule should be pretty regular, and Pem has a lot to say.

In the coming year, ?Pem? will grow up a bit. Life-days may only come once a year in the Galaxy, but as ?she? is a little girl (for now) her promise to write at least once a day may be superseded by ?other things?, but not to worry, for you the reader, it will seem like nearly nothing (see posting schedule!).

If you haven?t guessed by now, this story features characters that are in what is pithily called a ?same sex relationship? (aka, Uncle Kay and Uncle Toa). Per the TOS and my own personal canon, this will always ONLY apply to certain OC?s, so sorry ?slash fans?, none of the ?classic? characters ?swing that way?. As Pem has grown up with it, it isn?t anything special or ?shocking? and treats it as such, I hope you will too.

As this is ?Pem?s Diary?, sometimes she might brush on more ?mature things? as she grows ? you?ll get a little warning from me when they happen, but just a heads up as I don?t want to ?interfere? with her writing. Some later entries will be ?code locked?, but if you?re really interested, a quick PM to me will grant you ?access??

OK, Onwards! ?

Rather than go into a (more)lengthy background, I?ll just let Pem speak for herself?

Dear Tam,

My Pay-pa wants me to keep a journal for a whole year, and since I hate writing to nobody, he said I should give it a name, and to write to it (you) like you don?t know who I am, even though I talk to you a lot, I?ve decided to call it (you) Tam after my brother who passed into the Force when we were little.

My name is Pemberian Canaille Skywalker. I am nearly 8 standard years old. My Ma-mere is Aubé, and my Pay-pa is Luke Skywalker. My Ma-mere was a pilot during the Rebellion, and my Pay-pa is a Jedi like almost all of my other family. My Gramer and Grey-Pa on my Ma-mere?s side were also Jedi (but Grey-Pa passed into the Force), my Ma-mere is learning, and my uncle?s Kay?leb and Toa are Healers. Toa is Kay?s life-mate, but I have known him all my life.

I don?t know about Pay-pa?s family much, except his Pay-pa was a great Jedi, and he never knew his Ma-mere which I think is sad. My Pay-pa, Luke, is a great j Jedi, and says I will be too, but I don?t know if I want to be or a pilot instead like my Ma-mere. But Ma-mere is learning to be a Jedi too.

I have a lot of uncles. Uncle Han is Auntie Leia?s life-mate and like me, he is a Corellian. He?s a great pilot, and has a wookiee friend who is my uncle Chewie. Auntie Leia is a politician and a great one at that!

I know I have a lot of relatives and a few new friends since we came to the Capitol planet, but most of the time I?m doing lessons which can be fun, but I?d rather be flying with uncle Chewie!

Auntie Leia is going to have babies soon ? twins like me and Tam. I hope Auntie Leia doesn?t lose one of her babies like Ma-mere did. She was so sad for a long time, then she met my Pay-pa again (Pay-pa spent a lot of time doing things for the Galaxy when I was little so he only met me this year

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Count me in! Please put me on the PM list!

=D=

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very nice beginning

Pemberian sounds adorable!

If you have a PM list for this, would you please add me?

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Marvelous first entry ... Pem's "tone" is just right. =D=

5. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    =D= I'm sure it will be a delight to read about Pem's unique view of the Solo-Skywalker-Canaille clan!

6. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    As the posts are fairly short, I?ll post updates fairly often (hopefully) ? in fact, another entry after some replies!

Gladly!

Thank you! I happen to think so to! :p

Oh thank you! It?s hard to write from the perspective of one so young, but hopefully, she?ll keep it up!

LOL! It should be interesting to say the least! Now crack the whip on Han, he?s been lax lately! :p

And as promised, a bonus post ? which hopefully gives a little insight on her relationship with her father?

Dear Tam,

Today I got to spend some time with just my Pay-Pa. It was really nice because most of the time he?s been here with me and Ma-Mere, it seems that everybody wants to see him. Pay-pa said that from now on, he?s going to make sure that everybody knows that there?s a difference between ?Master Skywalker time? and ?Just Luke? time where he is just Ma-Mere?s life mate and my Pay-pa. I hope so.

He told me I could ask him anything I wanted, so I asked him if he and Ma-mere were praying to the Force the other night. He got a funny look on his face and asked me what I meant. I told him I heard both him and Ma-mere calling to the goddess when they were making love (it?s a grown up thing) and maybe it was like praying, especially when Ma-mere told him not to stop.

He got really embarrassed, and said that he was sorry! I don?t know why he apologized, He asked me not to tell Ma-mere, and I knew that he would rather talk about something else. Like I said, It?s a grown up thing.

It was really nice though ? we were wearing cloaks like regular people and Pay-pa made it so that most people just looked past us like we were normal people. Even when we went into the thearter district and there were loads of pictures of Pay-pa and Auntie Leia and Uncle Chewie, nobody seemed to recognize us! It was just like being at home. Pay-pa bought me some pali-tarts and we had sweet milk at a diner. The owner was a big alien named ?Dex? who hugged me with all four of his arms and called me Pilot just like my Pay-pa does! He called Pay-pa ?Red? and winked at me ? it was like he was sharing our secret!

On our way home, Pay-pa bought Ma-mere some flowers because she?s not feeling well. He says they are from a place called Naboo which is where his Ma-mere came from!

It?s been a very busy day, and after last meal I get to go to Uncle Chewie?s tonight because Pay-pa is having some special guest over. He said it?s all grown up Jedi boring stuff ? I hope Ma-mere is feeling better then. Maybe at least she?ll eat the pali-tarts.

Love,

Pem

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the PM :)

Sweet bonus :D

LOL and wriggle moment:

He told me I could ask him anything I wanted, so I asked him if he and Ma-mere were praying to the Force the other night. He got a funny look on his face
    and asked me what I meant. I told him I heard both him and Ma-mere calling to the goddess when they were making love (it?s a grown up thing) and maybe
    it was like praying, especially when Ma-mere told him not to stop.

He got really embarrassed, and said that he was sorry! I don?t know why he apologized, He asked me not to tell Ma-mere, and I knew that he would rather
    talk about something else. Like I said, It?s a grown up thing.

[face_laugh]
    [face_laugh]
    ;)
    Hugs!!!

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I really enjoyed the first two entries, Breezy! =D=
    I love the voice of this character. So cute! [face_love]

I love the idea of writing it to someone... I've also always found it weird writing to no one, so I know where he is coming from! ;)

I told him I heard both him and Ma-mere calling to the goddess when they were making love (it?s a grown up thing) and maybe it was like praying, especially when Ma-mere told him not to stop.
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] Aahhh... you gotta love kids. They say the funniest things!

Would you mind adding me to your PM list if you have one?

9. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I told him I heard both him and Ma-mere calling to the goddess when they were making love

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I can just imagine how red poor Luke turned!

I love the way he is determined to live and be treated like a normal person.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

10. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Ah, the penetrating and truthful viewpoint of a child!

It's astonishing how much this adds to your universe... aside from being simply charming in its own right.

11. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Hello All!

Yeah, Poor Luke! But I think he handled it with as much grace as he could muster? It won?t be the last time he?ll have to deal with awkward questions though?

Pem has always been a favorite character of mine ? her initial appearance was a bit of a surprise to me, and writing her is always fun. In this format, Pem is given free reign so it will be interesting to see her POV on things.

How successful Luke will be remains to be seen. We?ll also get to hear about her interactions with the rest of the Galaxy as time goes along, but I think a good majority of it will be focused on her immediate surroundings ? that doesn?t mean we won?t hear about the rest of the galaxy, after all, she doesn?t live in a bubble, but we have a long journey ahead of us!

I?m hoping it will add more ? right now it should run fairly parallel to ?Sailing?, and as we go along, may take larger leaps forward. So far I?ve managed to avoid some of the larger issues that the Skywalker/Canaille/Solo clan faces in the post Jedi world, some of them may surprisingly mirror things we face ourselves? we?ll see!

Right now I?m hoping for an update at least once a week ? maybe more if Pem has more to say ? I hope she keeps you entertained!

Breezy

12. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Another update! Just for the record, ?Vitty? (Taken from Kay?leb?s suggestion of ?Shavit? and quickly gentled down by Aubé when the name stuck) is a well loved stuffed bantha with button eyes and a broken horn.

Dear Tam,

Pay- pa is away again, and though he said it would only be for a week, he?s already been gone fore 10 days. Ma-mere and I got a holo from him yesterday ? a live one where we got to talk to him instead of a recording this time! It was like he was one of the Force people who come and talk to me sometimes because he was all blue and see through, and really Tam, it kinda scared me a little this time because I don?t want my Pay-pa to be a Force ghost. He told Ma-mere she needs to eat more (even though her tummy is already getting big!) and that he will bring me something neat from the Outer Rim, but I told him I only want him to come home soon. He got a funny look on his face (I think he was talking to Ma-mere through the Force, and even though I can sometimes hear it, I?m trying not to peak any more even though it?s hard!) and then promised he would be home to before I went to sleep in three days!

I told him that I would stay awake until he came home for all three days, but he said if I went to bed, time would go by faster, so I held up Vitty for Pay-pa to kiss, and went to bed.

When Ma-Mere came in to tuck me in, I knew she?d been crying even though she?d tried to hide it.

I told her that I was mad at Pay-pa for making her cry (and I really was!) and I told her a really bad secret ? that sometimes I wish Pay-pa had never come back if it made her sad! That made me cry because I didn?t mean it and then I was afraid Pay-pa would never come home! I though Ma-mere would be mad at me for saying that, but she just held me close and told me that it was ok, and she knew that I didn?t mean it, and that Pay-pa was coming home soon, but because he is a very great man, a lot of people need him. Sometimes that means that Pay-pa will have to be gone, but he will always eventually come home to us. She also told me that she?s been a little sick because of the baby, and that made her cry easily, so I shouldn?t worry too much.

Then she told me some great news! Uncle Kay and Uncle Toa will be here tomorrow! Gra-mere has been lonely since Grey-Pa died and now that Uncle Kay has finished with putting everything together at the Healer?s center back home (he had to find someone to be the Chief Healer while he?s gone) for a long term, so he and Gra-mere and Toa can set up a big Healer?s center at the Jedi Temple. They were here for a few days after Grey-Pa died and now they will come and stay maybe for good!

I was too excited to sleep, so Ma-mere let me get out of bed and we got to watch a funny holo-show about little guys called Ewoks and an evil bad guy who dressed all in black, and how they beat him. We also got to eat sugar stars and some spicy noodle stuff that gives you wind. Usually Ma-mere says it?s not polite to pass wind but tonight we were both sitting on the couch, eating noodles and of course, making stinky noises that (as my Ma-mere said) would ?shame a wookiee? and laughing about it!

Ma-mere says she?s going to eat a whole load of them for last meal the night Pay-pa comes home, just to get even with him. I told her Pay-pa always said that revenge wasn?t a Jedi thing, but she told me it was OK for this as she didn?t think that even stinky bed covers would chase him from a warm bed. I told her Pay-pa could sleep in my bed if he wanted to, but she reminded me that his legs are too long. So I guess Pay-pa will have to live with stinky sheets!

I really don?t care though ? as long as Pay-pa is home.

Love,

Pem

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Aube's a wonderful Mommy!!!! :*

Brilliantly done balance of Pem's feelings about her dad being away and making her mom sad etc.

:D

Hee!!! Passing wind!!! [face_laugh]

14. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Oh, this is absolutely wonderful! Pem completely comes alive, as does her family.

15. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    WOW! Three updates in six days! You are on a roll! (I'm too chicken ([face_chicken] <- me) that I'll run out of ideas if I go even remotely that fast! :p )

Great update and sooo cute!

it kinda scared me a little this time because I don?t want my Pay-pa to be a Force ghost.
    Aww... I just want to give her a hug! [:D] That was so sad but cute at the same time.

And holding up Vitty for Pay-pa to kiss... [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I'm excited to read more!
    Thanks for the PM! [:D]

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    What a wonderful peek into family life you've provided here! [face_love]

=D=

17. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Ma-mere says she?s going to eat a whole load of them for last meal the night Pay-pa comes home, just to get even with him

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I agree it won't be enough to chase him from a warm bed but it might be enough to make him think twice about being gone so long!

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

18. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Oh how wonderful to know you?re all enjoying this!

Oh I?m so glad you think so!

Yes,. Pem?s too lady-like to use the word ?Fart? :p

She?s turned into a chatty little thing, I swear!

I have 7 more entries at the ready as of this writing!

Thank you!!

Unless she ?treats? him to a ?Corellian Oven? [face_laugh]

If all goes well, and I finish another chapter tonight, I?ll do a new post by the weekend!

Much love!

Breezy

19. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    As I have 13 chapters ready (and many more to go as I a good idea where things will go here and there) and I am trying to catch up with "Boats" here's another little tid-bit!

Dear Tam,

Uncle Kay and Toa came to last meal tonight along with Auntie Leia and Uncle Han and Uncle Chewie and Gra-mare, so we had a full house! It was really nice even though Uncle Han and Uncle Kay didn?t really ?see eye to eye? as my Pay-pa said. In fact, after Kay and Toa went with Gra-mere (they will stay at the apartment Auntie Leia set up for her until the Temple is ready) I over-heard Uncle Han telling Pay-pa that Uncle Kay is ?an arrogant son of a gundark? and even though he?s my Ma-mere?s brother, he wasn?t sure about having Uncle Kay and Uncle Toa taking care of Auntie Leia. Pay-pa defended Uncle Kay, and said he was a ?great Healer?, and he got a real stubborn look on his face ? then all at once he paused and I swear, he looked right through the door and saw me! He told Uncle Han that ?Little gungans have big ears? and I knew I was in trouble for peeking again even though I didn?t mean to!

Pay-pa came into my room a few minutes later, and asked me what I had heard, and I told him that I didn?t mean to. He said that it was OK, and that sometimes Uncle Han has a big voice, and a tongue that runs away from him.

?Like me?? I asked, but Pay-pa just laughed and said ?No, you have a faster tongue, but I can catch it! See?? and he grabbed it (my tongue) between his fingers. Uncle Han came in right after, and squatted down next to me (I like that ? just like Pay-Pa) and said that he hadn?t met a lot of Jedi but for my Pay-Pa (and he and my Pay pa go way back ? years even!) and Pay-Pa?s *teacher* Obi-Wan Kenobi (I had to ask Pay-pa his name again) and all Jedi make him a bit nervous.

I asked him if I made him nervous because I was a Jedi in training, and he laughed and gave me a rough hug (his face was all prickly!) and said that I was too ?cute? to make him nervous, and he would be ok, and that if Pay-Pa said Uncle Kay was good for Auntie Leia, that was fine by him.

Uncle Kay brought me some holos from my friends back home! Tia and her brother Nas are going to come to the Core soon (their Pay-pa is a Corellian Senator) and hope to have a visit! Tia is a little older than me and Nas is a little younger. They have a nursemaid who likes Uncle Toa ? but Toa only loves Kay so she?s just outta luck!

It?s very late, Tam, so Vitty and I are going to bed. Now that I?m finished writing to you, Uncle Han has offered to tuck me in and tell me a story ? Normally that?s Pay-Pa?s job when he?s here but Pay-Pa wants to talk to Auntie Leia and Ma-mere went to bed early. I think Uncle Kay gave her some medicine because she was feeling so sick. Having a baby seems to be a lot of hard work!

Love,

Pem

PS ?

I like it when Uncle Han tells the stories as they are always about a girl pirate who kicks the Imperial?s be-hinds into the Outer Rim!

20. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    ?Like me?? I asked, but Pay-pa just laughed and said ?No, you have a faster tongue, but I can catch it! See?? and he grabbed it (my tongue) between his fingers. Uncle Han came in right after, and squatted down next to me (I like that ? just like Pay-Pa) and said that he hadn?t met a lot of Jedi but for my Pay-Pa (and he and my Pay pa go way back ? years even!) and Pay-Pa?s *teacher* Obi-Wan Kenobi (I had to ask Pay-pa his name again) and all Jedi make him a bit nervous.

[face_laugh] This is all just so ... I dunno... REAL. I can see them all as clearly as if they were on a movie screen.

EDIT: I forgot about this part: [iI like it when Uncle Han tells the stories as they are always about a girl pirate who kicks the Imperial?s be-hinds into the Outer Rim![/i]

Go, Han!

Bet you Republic Credits to Womp Rat pies that he wouldn't told stories like that before Leia...

21. LASOS

LASOS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2008
    I over-heard Uncle Han telling Pay-pa that Uncle Kay is ?an arrogant son of a gundark? and even though he?s my Ma-mere?s brother, he wasn?t sure about having Uncle Kay and Uncle Toa taking care of Auntie Leia. Pay-pa defended Uncle Kay, and said he was a ?great Healer?, and he got a real stubborn look on his face ? then all at once he paused and I swear, he looked right through the door and saw me! He told Uncle Han that ?Little gungans have big ears? and I knew I was in trouble for peeking again even though I didn?t mean to!

That was so sweet in so many ways! I have a soft spot for Overprotective!Han. This is really great, and I'm impressed that you're updating so often! I'll keep checking back for more, unless you're sending out PMs, in which case can I be on the list please?

22. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    So cute!

...then all at once he paused and I swear, he looked right through the door and saw me! He told Uncle Han that ?Little gungans have big ears? and I knew I was in trouble for peeking again even though I didn?t mean to!
    I absolutely loved this! [face_love] I could completely see it in my head as though I was watching and it was so cute!

I like it when Uncle Han tells the stories as they are always about a girl pirate who kicks the Imperial?s be-hinds into the Outer Rim!
    [face_laugh] Oh, Han! You gotta love him!

=D==D=

23. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Heee, I didn't get to read this one! =D=

Who was the who said she couldn't write Han?o_O ;):D

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantabulously precious. Han's just a big ol' softie in this :* :D

25. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    they are always about a girl pirate who kicks the Imperial?s be-hinds into the Outer Rim!

Awwww...it's so nice to see the soft, tender side of "Uncle Han"

I'm not surprised Pem would enjoy the girl kicking butt stories the most.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.