main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dear Tam - Post Jedi AU Diary, How it Ended, and Began Again, (OC's/L -H/L- Complete)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthBreezy, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Ma-mere?s lips got a little thin, but she said they would talk about it later. Uncle Kay (who already had met Leibé) told Ma-mere not to be such a stick, especially today, and Ma-mere let it go for now.
    Uh oh... :( But go Uncle Kay!

I like Leibé though ? she?s not a Jedi like Gra-mere, (or most of my other family) but she?s very ready with cuddles and she makes my Gra-mere smile a lot, not the sad smile that she had when Grey-pa died, but a real smile, something I didn?t even know how much I missed!
    Awww... I like her already! [face_love] [face_love]

I loved Pem's conversation with Nico... [face_laugh][face_laugh] It's amazing how much kids understand sometimes! Pem is very bright for her age! :)

Loved this update!!=D==D=
    I can't wait to read more!

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    At least Pem knows what she wants! :p

=D=

3. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Gra-mere brought over her new friend Leibé who is really pretty, she is about Gra-mere?s age ? maybe younger (not as young as Ma-mere or Auntie Leia) with long pretty blond hair, and green eyes, and she is very soft and curvier than either Gra-mere or most of my Aunties. Ma-mere was surprised to meet her because Gra-mere said Leibé was her special friend, and she hoped that Ma-mere would understand.

Go, Grandma! :D

Ma-mere?s lips got a little thin, but she said they would talk about it later. Uncle Kay (who already had met Leibé) told Ma-mere not to be such a stick, especially today, and Ma-mere let it go for now.

This is so funny. Kids Pem's age are so loving and accepting... when they grow up, how judgmental can they be?

Terrific update!

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww....that was sweet.

I love how adorably shy Nico is.

And I have a feeling Pem can and will keep him on his toes.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    My goodness! Pem is so pleased and embarrassed by all the attention over her little party!

I think so!

Kids are far more perceptive than we give them credit for. Also don?t forget she ?grew up? in a rather open household.

And I thinks she would find the whole idea of ?heated farts? a scream!

Lightsaber power, I tell ya! ;)

Me too ? and that?s wonderful that you could ?see? it!

Hey! Farts are funny! ;)

Yeah, I don?t believe that it?s the fact that Leibé is a woman, but more that she?s not Schurke?

There will be more soon!

Indeed she does!

Yes! No one should be lonely, and I?m sure Kam has been. After all, she is the last surviving member of a very close knit ?family? of peers.

6. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    (A/N - a couple of very minor edits to keep this in line with the boards policy - the unclipped version can be found here)

Dear Tam,

I?m sorry I haven?t written, it?s been a busy few weeks.

Nico is no longer my boyfriend, but he?s still my friend. We really didn?t do a lot more than kiss and hold hands, and he?s training to be a Healer, so his lessons in the Force have a different focus than mine.

Pay-pa has been gone on another mission, but only for a couple days now (and will be back soon). Ma-mere and Auntie Leia get to ?trade off? baby time, and today Auntie Leia has Ben so Ma-mere is taking ?Aubé time? (which she really needs) so after lessons with Uncle Kay (which are going really well, he?s going to take me out and practice on ?regular people? soon) I went to see Gra-mere.

Leibé is now sharing Gra-mere?s home, and to be honest, Ma-mere isn?t really happy about that, but Leibé wasn?t there when I got there so I could talk to her.

I asked Gra-mere if she still missed Grey-pa (there are holos of him around with Gra-mere and other people) and she said ?with all her heart?, but Leibé was a special friend who kept her from being lonely, and made her happy. She told me that Grey-pa had come to her in a dream and told her that he was happy that she was, and he would always love her. Then I asked Gra-mere is she loved Leibé, and she sighed and said yes, she did, and that Leibé loved her too, and she hoped that I would understand.

I asked her how she met Leibé, and Gra-mere relaxed a bit then. She said Leibé had come to the Healer?s center a few months ago, not long after Grey-pa died to help out, and they had become friends really quickly. The went out to meals together a few times, and Gra-mere knew that Leibé kinda knew through the Force that Leibé liked her, and then one night, when she (Gra-mere) was feeling especially sad, Leibé came over to her apartment and made some nice food and brought a little wine, Leibé said she knew she couldn?t (and didn?t want to) try to replace Grey-pa, but Gra-mere told her that it would be OK. So, in the end, Gra-mere has someone to share some time with.

I asked Gra-mere if it was OK that I only liked boys (even though Nico is still a bantha?s butt, there are other boys I like) and Gra-mere said that ?love was not bound by any rules? and ?I could love anyone I chose?, so I felt good about that.

Not long after, Leibé came ?home? and at first pretended that she was just Gra-mere?s house mate, then Gra-mere told her that I knew and it was OK, and Leibé?s face all lit up, and she kissed my Gra-mere and gave me a big hug, saying how happy she was. Then she sat on the couch right next to my Gra-mere with her arm around her, and they were holding hands. I felt so good about them sharing their secret, that I finally told Gra-mere about Uncle Kay?s special lessons.

Oh Goddess, was Gra-mere MAD (but she quickly told me it was not my fault) and said that she would be talking to Uncle Kay really soon, and that I can?t do them any more, even though I?m really good. She also said not to tell Pay-pa or Ma-mere, that she would ?handle it?. I got a little scared because all along I kinda knew that Pay-pa would not approve, but Gra-mere said not to worry, that she would handle things.

Gra-mere is the ?Matriarch? of the family, so her word is usually law but I have a bad feeling about all of this.

Love,

Pem

7. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Gra-mere is the ?Matriarch? of the family, so her word is usually law but I have a bad feeling about all of this.

=D= I do too!

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wondeful update. Pem has a lot of kindness and warmth... at such an age. She just cares that her family's happy. :D

9. LASOS

LASOS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2008
    Pem is sooooo cute! Her reaction to the break up with Nico cracked me up!

And good idea, Leia and Aubé for trading baby days. Except that I think Aubé gets the short end of that deal. What's one more baby when you already have two? But then again, Aubé was able to take care of Pem and Tam, so she knows what she's doing when it's her turn.

I hope Aubé becomes more accepting of Leibé. And I can't wait to see the punishment for Kay! :)

Good update!

10. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I have a bad feeling about all of this.

Oh dear. A Skywalker with a bad feeling is never a good thing.

It'll be interesting to see how this situation with Kay plays out...

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

11. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    The story of Gra-mere and LIebe is really sweet.

I'm THRILLED that Kay has been found out - never mind about that "Bad Feeling...."

12. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    I think Pem will be a remarkable woman some day... ;)

13. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Since I tend to kill the mark up codes I thought I?d get a jump on replies.

A few days ago I actually finished taking Pem?s ?dictation?, (all 93 entries) that are safely secured with two different friends as well as on e-mail (thank the Force for unlimited storage!) so we?re all packed and ready to go.

[Leia?s voice] It could be worse?

Well, look where she came from!

Well she?s at that age!

But Aubé also had Kay and Toa and a whole family to help out too?

Well, to be fair to Aubé, Leibé is not her ?Pay-pa??

And as for Kay? he?s too old to be sent to his room, so we?ll see!

Thank you! And you?ll see!

[face_laugh] I?m really glad Kam has found someone, and I still love my Kay!

You know, I do too?

New post in a couple days!

14. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    I'm feeling generous - a new post to follow!

Dear Tam,

If I though Gra-mere was going to be mad at Uncle Kay, that was nothing compared to how angry my Ma-mere was.

She told Kay (over the holo-net) that he was never to do it again, and things like ?what are you going to teach her next Kay? How to (a really nasty word for what grown ups do.) ?

Kay got all mad himself and said that ?it was up to someone to teach her (me) how to use my Jedi Powers? and when Ma-mere told him that was her and Pay-pa?s job, Kay said that she and Pay-pa were too busy (that word again) ?ing to teach me anything worth while!

At that point Ma-mere slammed her fist down on the cut-off button so hard I think she broke it, and I got scared and ran into my room and grabbed Vitty. I heard Ben crying but I knew that Ma-mere wouldn?t be mad at him, and a few minutes later I heard her trying to give him the breast which usually quiets him (but it didn?t this time).

Then she came into my room with a squalling Ben and asked me if I wanted to come with her to Gra-mere?s, and although I knew she was still really mad, it wasn?t at me, so I said yes, and we had a speeder come and pick us up to take us there.

When we got there, Gra-mere wasn?t home, only Leibé and at first Ma-mere wanted to go to the Healer?s center and ?beat the living (you know what?) out of Uncle Kay, but Ben was still fussing and Ma-mere was in a state. After a minute, Ma-mere allowed Leibé to take Ben while she went to wash her face and when she came back, not only was Ben quiet, but he was nearly asleep in Leibé?s arms!

Ma-mere was ready to get angry again, and said that Leibé had used the Force to quiet Ben, but Leibé reminded her that she can?t really use the Force, and that she just had a lot of experience with new babies. She said that babies liked her ?soft bumpy bits? because there was so much of it and Ma-mere nearly actually laughed!

Then Leibé asked if Ma-mere would make us some tea because Gra-mere was on her way home (Ma-mere frowned here ? I guess she doesn?t like the idea about how much Leibé knows about what?s going on in our family) and she had me sit down next to her.

Instead of asking me about Uncle Kay, she asked me about my friends and if I had found a new boy-friend yet (I have ? three now but I don?t kiss any of them!) and if I liked being a big sister (I do) and then Ma-mere came in with the tea and milk for me.

Ma-mere took Ben back and he decided he wanted the breast after all, and Ma-mere sighed and said she didn?t remember me and Tam ever being this hungry, and Leibé said that she knew about my brother Tam, and that she was sorry, and Ma-mere just grunted. Ma-mere then asked Leibé if she ever had any children of her own (maybe she thinks Gra-mere and Leibé will have a baby?) and Leibé said yes, she had a son, but he died during ?the War? which made Ma-mere jump a little.

?I?m sorry,? Ma-mere muttered, not knowing what to say, but Leibé only smiled and said it was a long time ago, and that he died serving the Republic, (trying to restore it) when he was sixteen. It was funny because his Pay-pa had died serving the Empire, but Leibé had always helped in the refugees camps after he died.

Gra-mere also worked in the refugee camps during ?the War?, and Ma-mere asked Leibé when she had come back to the Core, and Leibé told her that it wasn?t long ago, she had heard that the Jedi were returning and she wanted to help, and then she?d met Gra-mere, and well, that was that.

They changed the subject after that, (and didn?t talk about Uncle Kay at all) until Gra-mere came home. Gra-mere wanted to talk to Ma-mere ?in private? about ?it? and asked if Leibé would like to take me for a walk while they did and Ben napped. I really wanted to hear what they had to say, but Ma-mere got that stubborn look on her face, so Leibé and I went for our walk.

I hope Ma-mere doesn?t stay mad at Uncle Kay too long, I mean, he was only trying to help after all?

Love,

Pem

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Super update. Wow, Pem sure got an earful LOL Looks like Aube may slowly eventually come around to accepting Leibe--a mommy can't fault someone who her youngling actually can cuddle up to... babies have a sense who to like after all ;)

I can totally relate to both sides of their argument... Kay and Aube both have valid points. Kay also has a point about her parents' ... [face_laugh] [face_mischief] Not that this mush lover complains. :D

16. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    If I though Gra-mere was going to be mad at Uncle Kay, that was nothing compared to how angry my Ma-mere was.

Oooh, Kay's really in trouble now!

I like how Leibé was able to quiet Ben - she seems like such a nice lady.

Great updates as always! =D=

17. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Ack! I got behind! :oops: Sorry!

The previous update: I went and read your original version at ff.net and all I can really say is [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
    It was beautiful!

I asked Gra-mere if it was OK that I only liked boys (even though Nico is still a bantha?s butt, there are other boys I like) and Gra-mere said that ?love was not bound by any rules? and ?I could love anyone I chose?, so I felt good about that.
    Loved this! Such a cute innocent question and such a wonderful answer!

This update:
    Poor Pem.. hearing her Ma-mere being all mad... that had to be scary! [:D]

I had found a new boy-friend yet (I have ? three now but I don?t kiss any of them!)
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] Smart girl! :p

Great updates!! =D=

18. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm glad to see Aube starting to get to know Leibé a bit. I think her mom would be thrilled to see them become good friends.

I don't envy the position Kay is in....

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

19. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Ma-mere took Ben back and he decided he wanted the breast after all, and Ma-mere sighed and said she didn?t remember me and Tam ever being this hungry, and Leibé said that she knew about my brother Tam, and that she was sorry, and Ma-mere just grunted. Ma-mere then asked Leibé if she ever had any children of her own (maybe she thinks Gra-mere and Leibé will have a baby?) and Leibé said yes, she had a son, but he died during ?the War? which made Ma-mere jump a little.

?I?m sorry,? Ma-mere muttered, not knowing what to say, but Leibé only smiled and said it was a long time ago, and that he died serving the Republic, (trying to restore it) when he was sixteen. It was funny because his Pay-pa had died serving the Empire, but Leibé had always helped in the refugees camps after he died.

Gra-mere also worked in the refugee camps during ?the War?, and Ma-mere asked Leibé when she had come back to the Core, and Leibé told her that it wasn?t long ago, she had heard that the Jedi were returning and she wanted to help, and then she?d met Gra-mere, and well, that was that.

Loved it! =D=

20. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    She told Kay (over the holo-net) that he was never to do it again, and things like ?what are you going to teach her next Kay? How to (a really nasty word for what grown ups do.) ?

Kay got all mad himself and said that ?it was up to someone to teach her (me) how to use my Jedi Powers? and when Ma-mere told him that was her and Pay-pa?s job, Kay said that she and Pay-pa were too busy (that word again) ?ing to teach me anything worth while!

Wow, this is a seriously furious argument! Too bad that poor Pem heard it all - kids always take adults' anger personally. Still. Pem seems to have a bit of perspective, which is good.

That was rreally interesting conversation with Liebe. I'm glad Aube settled down enough to be able to think.

Wonder how Kam will handle all this? it's so tough when your kids fight.

Great update!

21. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Hello again all!

Yes, she did, and it won?t be the first time?

As for Kay ? do you detect a bit of ?Un-Jedi-like? ummmmmmm, opinions? Sometimes I do!

As for ?mush? ? you might want to check out Love is Hard as Nails?

I think Leibé is too?

I?m very glad you?re here!

Me too ? I think Aubé?s biggest fear is that Leibé was going to try to ?replace? Schurke ? and no one can replace a girl?s father.

I?m so glad!

Kam will handle things as she always have ? with more grace and dignity that I ever could!

I love OC?s that have differing points of view and experiences; they keep the galaxy? interesting!

Many thanks folks!

A new post soon!

22. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Am catching up, liking it so far. Can I have PMs? Thanks. :)

23. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Consider it done!

(With Thanks to Matthew Stover for some inspiration here)

Dear Tam,

Well, almost as soon as Pay-pa came back, Ma-mere told him about my lessons with Uncle Kay. I thought he was going to talk to me right away but instead, he got all thoughtful and went to ?Meditate? on it for a while. About an hour later, he called me into his private mediation room and asked me to sit down.

I sat down on the mat across from him and waited. I know Pay-pa is proud of the fact that I can sit still when it?s really important, and I knew this was really important to Pay-pa.

It was really strange at first. He seemed really sad, and asked me all kinds of questions about other stuff. How I was feeling (rotten and sad because he was), how I liked Gra-mere?s friend (I do a lot) and finally, he asked me why I hadn?t told him about my other lessons.

Oh Tam, I wanted to throw myself into his arms and ask him to forgive me! I told him that I thought he would be happy that I was learning to be such a good Jedi when he was away, and couldn?t teach me himself, and that seemed to make him even more sad!

He sat there for a minute with his eyes closed while I tried not to cry, I know he was deciding whether to handle this either like Pay-pa or ?Jedi Master Luke?. In the end I think he decided to do a bit of both.

He opened up is arms and took me into them and said, ?Little Pilot, (and I knew he wasn?t upset with me) you should know there?s so much more to the Force than using it to make people do things.? (That?s not exactly what he said, but you know.) and I said, ?I know, you also use it to lift things and swing a lightsaber. That is, if you are a Jedi Warrior!?

He laughed then, a funny laugh (not ?ha-ha? funny, but strange funny) and said an old friend once told him that ?wars do not make one great?, and there was much more to being a Jedi than that, and asked me if I understood.

I wanted to tell him I did, but that would have been lying (and Pay-pa would have known) and Pay-pa tried to explain things to me. He said that being a Jedi and being able to ?touch the Force? was like being a super bright light in the Galaxy. That as Jedi, our job is to help light the way for other people, and to help shine the good in people. I asked him if this meant that Uncle Kay was a bad Jedi, and he said ?No?, but Uncle Kay had different ideas, and someday I would have to decide what kind of Jedi I would be and what path I would take.

I asked him if he knew what one that was, and he said it would ultimately be up to me, but he would help guide me if I wanted. Needless to say, I said ?YES? and he knew I meant it, and that made him happy (which made me happy.)

He was going to meditate some more before bed-time and asked if I wanted to learn how to really meditate, and of course I said yes again! He said he knew I had another ?big? question (Pay-pa always seems to know!) and to go ahead and ask.

I took a deep breath and asked him if using the Force to make people obey me was a bad thing, and he though about it for a minute. Finally, he said it should only be used as a ?last resort?, and there were better ways to solve problems, and he would start teaching me as soon as possible. He?s even going to put off an important meeting until later in the week to make sure my ?training gets off to the right start this time?. He said the ?New Council? could wait.

I really love my Pay-pa?

Love,

Pem

24. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    This is just... this is just ....

*happy sigh*

This is just about all the reasons I love star Wars, that's what this is.

He said that being a Jedi and being able to ?touch the Force? was like being a super bright light in the Galaxy. That as Jedi, our job is to help light the way for other people, and to help shine the good in people. I asked him if this meant that Uncle Kay was a bad Jedi, and he said ?No?, but Uncle Kay had different ideas, and someday I would have to decide what kind of Jedi I would be and what path I would take.

And that, pretty much, is that.

=D= [:D]

25. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    And that's why everybody loves Luke... =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.