main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dear Tam - Post Jedi AU Diary, How it Ended, and Began Again, (OC's/L -H/L- Complete)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthBreezy, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Marvelous marvelous sweetness.

Hugs!!!

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    *happy sigh* :) So cute as always.

I sat down on the mat across from him and waited. I know Pay-pa is proud of the fact that I can sit still when it?s really important, and I knew this was really important to Pay-pa.
    [face_laugh] This so sounds like me... I can sit still if I have to! :p

I was learning to be such a good Jedi when he was away, and couldn?t teach me himself, and that seemed to make him even more sad!
    That almost made me cry, I felt so bad for Luke to be hearing that. I know she didn't mean it in a hurtfull way, quite the opposite but as a parent that would be very painful to hear. :(

The Force is so complicated and being a 'good' Jedi even more so and I'm so impressed with Pem and how well she is figuring it out.

Another great entry! =D=

3. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    He opened up is arms and took me into them and said, ?Little Pilot, (and I knew he wasn?t upset with me) you should know there?s so much more to the Force than using it to make people do things.? (That?s not exactly what he said, but you know.) and I said, ?I know, you also use it to lift things and swing a lightsaber. That is, if you are a Jedi Warrior!?

He laughed then, a funny laugh (not ?ha-ha? funny, but strange funny) and said an old friend once told him that ?wars do not make one great?, and there was much more to being a Jedi than that, and asked me if I understood.

Wow... loved that part. And he's using Yoda's teachings to make a point about war and greatness in a way that she can understand. Awesome. :)

4. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    [face_love] Fantastic post. I love that Pem and Luke got a chance to really talk.

He laughed then, a funny laugh (not ?ha-ha? funny, but strange funny) and said an old friend once told him that ?wars do not make one great?, and there was much more to being a Jedi than that, and asked me if I understood.

I really liked this line!

=D=

5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Hello all -

Pem is learning early on that there are ?certain points of view? all over. Mostly I was pleased that Luke doesn?t seem to believe that every one of them automatically screams ?Dark side!!?

Yeah, he?s a sweety.

Thank you!

Me too ? sometimes!

Yes, Poor Luke. I know he often feels at a loss with his daughter and wonders if he?s ?doing right? ? ahhh the fears of every parent I think.

Yoda may be ?gone? ? but not forgotten.

Well, for those who stick around I can promise that there is more Luke and Pem (not just once or twice but you?ll see as we go!) and more ?Jedi? type lessons as you will see!

In fact, a new post to follow.

Many thanks for reading!

6. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002

Dear Tam,

I know it?s been a long time since I?ve written, and I?m sorry, but Pay-pa has been gone on one of his longer ?missions? and writing to you makes me feel less lonely.

Ben is crawling around all over the place, and is ?driving Ma-mere to distraction?. It seems she can?t turn her back even for a minute without him getting into something! And if he can?t crawl (or wiggle) to get it, he brings it to himself (some things using the Force) and sticks it in his mouth! I had to wash baby drool off of Vitty so many times it?s not even funny, so most of the time I let Ben have him (except late at night because I really miss Pay-pa.) Vitty doesn?t mind though.

Auntie Leibé said that ?Ben is really advanced for his age? (three months) and Ma-mere sighed and said it was ?probably a Skywalker thing? because me and Tam were ?just as busy?. Auntie Leia?s twins don?t move around as much but they try to talk more, making funny sounds (a lot of them almost sound like little wookiee noises!). Uncle Han says they will be speaking wookiee before they speak Basic!

Ma-mere and Auntie Leibé have become friends now, even though I know Ma-mere still finds it hard that Gra-mere is with her, but she like?s Auntie Leibé enough to let her take care of me and Ben when she goes out with Uncle Han and Chewie and Auntie Leia during the rare times that Auntie Leia does negotiations for the Republic. Uncle Han says having a Jedi around is a good ?back up? and if it isn?t Pay-pa, it might as well be his ?best student? (which makes Ma-mere kinda play mad at Uncle Han ? she tells him if he wants a ?student? he can always take one of the older kids, and he tells her that all of them are afraid to get their hands greasy helping him and Chewie on the Falcon, so it might as well be her.)

Today I had some history lessons with a new teacher who is what Uncle Kay calls a ?Null? (Pay-pa hates that name, he says all life is special) because she can?t touch the Force (even a little, like Uncle Han can even though he doesn?t believe it) called ?Miss Vassor?.

I don?t know if I?ll like ?Miss Vassor? because she grew up here on the Core during the time of the Empire (and she doesn?t know that I know because Tam, I admit I peeked) and really doesn?t think it was all that bad. She calls us all by our last names, so I am Miss Skywalker (and she has a funny was of saying it, almost like it?s dirty) and my friends are Master Janson and Miss Sunstrider and Miss Cain. Miss Vassor said that during the time of the Empire, there was peace in the Galaxy, and nobody went hungry, and the Rebellion was more about greedy people than ?freedom?. I told Ma-mere about it, and she got ?that look?, and sighed. Then she took me on to her lap and said that the Rebellion was about much more than that, and for every lesson Miss Vassor gives me, she (or Pay-Pa or Uncle Han or Auntie Leia) would tell me the other side. I asked her why I had to keep taking lessons from her if she was so wrong, and Ma-mere sighed and said it was important for me to ?get a broader world view?, but if things got really bad, we could talk about changing teachers.

We didn?t talk about it any more because Ben needed to be fed so we could have last meal, and I know Ma-mere is worried about Pay-pa, he?s been gone a long time without checking in. She misses Pay-pa a lot.

So do I.

Love,

Pem

7. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Today I had some history lessons with a new teacher who is what Uncle Kay calls a ?Null? (Pay-pa hates that name, he says all life is special) because she can?t touch the Force (even a little, like Uncle Han can even though he doesn?t believe it) called ?Miss Vassor?.

Whoa ? there is an amazing amount of information in this sentence, and in the paragraph that follows. It's so interesting to get the sense of what prejudices and even (stretching here, but it makes me think) mistrust might exist between people who are Force-sensitive, and those who are not.

Miss Vassor is a really interesting character. It?s so rare to get the POV of someone who grew up under the Empire and didn?t appreciate having it ripped away. The idea that she pronounces the name ?Skywalker? as though it was somehow dirty or poisonous is chilling, but also intriguing.

Luke?s been away for a long time, huh?

=D=

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Miss Vassor said that during the time of the Empire, there was peace in the Galaxy, and nobody went hungry, and the Rebellion was more about greedy people than ?freedom?.

Well, I suppose its a good thing to hear all points of view but I would have preferred Miss Vassor allowing another opinion during the class. Just giving her's reeks of propaganda.

At least Pem can hear the other side at home.

Ma-mere is worried about Pay-pa, he?s been gone a long time without checking in

Uh Oh! I hope Luke is just super busy...

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Great updates

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I'm glad Pem has firsthand access to those who know what the Empire and the Rebellion were REALLY about. Ms. Vassor works my nerve already, not the enlightened, boradening horizons, sweet mentoring type of teacher but the hard as nails, I'm the expert type. :p Yikes, I don't like the sound of that last bit... Luke being gone longer than expected, etc. [face_worried]

10. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Auntie Leia?s twins don?t move around as much but they try to talk more, making funny sounds (a lot of them almost sound like little wookiee noises!)
    This made me laugh really hard. Now every time I hear a baby I'm gonna think of it speaking Shyriiwook and won't be able to stop laughing. :p

I'm a little worried about this new teacher. It's great to get multiple points of view, especially on history, but I worry that she isn't old enough to understand. Though she is a very smart little girl so I'm sure it will be fine. :)

Loved the part about Ben and his drooling!

Wonderful entry! =D=

11. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    I don?t think it?s stretching to call it mistrust ? from both sides.

We haven?t seen the last of this, unfortunately.

Yes, he has ? and I think Pem?s not the only one who?s worried?

12. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Uncle Han says they will be speaking wookiee before they speak Basic!

That's so cute!

I'm...intrigued by Miss Vassor and her views. It is interesting to see things from alternative viewpoints, even if you don't agree with them.

Fantastic post once again! =D=

13. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    And if he can?t crawl (or wiggle) to get it, he brings it to himself (some things using the Force) and sticks it in his mouth! I had to wash baby drool off of Vitty so many times it?s not even funny, so most of the time I let Ben have him (except late at night because I really miss Pay-pa.) Vitty doesn?t mind though.

This was so utterly sweet... [:D]

Poor Pem having to learn that way that not everybody admires the Skywalkers...

14. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Little Ben sounds adorable and the twins... at least they'll be fluent, right?

Really, really hope Luke is fine. [face_worried]

Good update. :)

15. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Hey all, more replies and the new post to follow.

Well considering who their uncle is, it makes sense!

Me, I hate her! :p

But yes, alas, the Galaxy is a vast place with very different opines?

16. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002

Dear Tam,

Well, now I know something?s not right, despite the fact that Ma-mere tried to hide it from me.

This morning I over heard Ma-mere and Uncle Han (and Uncle Chewie) arguing in the sitting room. Ma-mere said that even Auntie Leia agreed that Pay-pa was probably ?in trouble? and ?By the Force she was going to do something about it!?

Uncle Han said that ?if she went and got herself killed that could leave me and Ben as ?orphans? and what good would that do?? And Ma-mere started shouting saying that he (Pay-pa) was not dead (thank the Goddess I knew that) and ?there was a big difference between being dead and in trouble, but that could change unless she went after him.

Then Uncle Han got all puffed up like a big blower fish and said that ?he and Chewie and the Rogues would get his (butt) out of what ever sling that (Pay-pa) had got himself into, no matter how high up it was, even if it took the whole fleet!?

Ma-mere started to cry then (which is something I haven?t seen since before Ben was born) and so did Ben so I snuck into his room to try to sooth him, but Ma-mere caught me. She asked me how much I had heard and I told her everything. I tried to be brave, but then I started to cry too so all three of us were crying. Ma-mere took Ben, and Uncle Han took me into his arms and told me that I should be a brave girl like my Pay-pa.

I told him it was hard and that I was scared, but he said that my Pay-pa was one of the smartest and bravest men in the Galaxy, and sometimes that even he needed help. Then he said that he and Pay-pa and Chewie had ?been in tougher scrapes? and ?where Pay-pa?s negotiation skills didn?t work, negations from the point of a good blaster backed up by the fleet?s finest would.?

I told him I wanted to go with him, that Ma-mere could stay with Ben, and he said no. He told me that there might be a lot of ?rough language involved? and it was better if I didn?t hear it. I told him that it didn?t matter, that I knew a whole load of bad words, and I would use them if it would help my Pay-pa! He still said ?No?, and though I though about trying the ?trick?, I knew Pay-pa said that I could never use it on him, so that was out. Instead, I made him promise to bring Pay-pa home as soon as he could. I also gave him Vitty to take for good luck.

Uncle Han got tears in his eyes then, and promised me that he would bring back both Pay-pa and Vitty before the next moon cycle, and he swore it on his ?bloodstripes?.

Later, Ma-mere said that it was the most solemn oath any Corellian could give, and that he would do it or ?die trying?, so I should have faith. She said Pay-pa will be home, it was just a matter of time.

I only wish she would have looked at me when she said it.

Love,

Pem

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh blast!!!!! Now I'm really worried...

18. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Uncle Han got tears in his eyes then, and promised me that he would bring back both Pay-pa and Vitty before the next moon cycle, and he swore it on his ?bloodstripes?.

Later, Ma-mere said that it was the most solemn oath any Corellian could give, and that he would do it or ?die trying?, so I should have faith.
    :_| Oh, that just got me! Now I'm getting all teary, too... I hope Han doesn't die trying, and he can bring them home safely.

I'm worried...[face_worried]

19. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    and though I though about trying the ?trick?, I knew Pay-pa said that I could never use it on him, so that was out. Instead, I made him promise to bring Pay-pa home as soon as he could. I also gave him Vitty to take for good luck.

And that's why Han loves Pem... =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I told him it was hard and that I was scared, but he said that my Pay-pa was one of the smartest and bravest men in the Galaxy, and sometimes that even he needed help. Then he said that he and Pay-pa and Chewie had ?been in tougher scrapes? and ?where Pay-pa?s negotiation skills didn?t work, negations from the point of a good blaster backed up by the fleet?s finest would.?

Loved it! =D=

21. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005

Han swearing on those? Oh, he'll bring Luke back all right. Should we have pitty for anyone who gets in his way while he's doing so?

Good update. :)

22. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Uncle Han got all puffed up like a big blower fish and said that ?he and Chewie and the Rogues would get his (butt) out of what ever sling that (Pay-pa) had got himself into, no matter how high up it was, even if it took the whole fleet!?

Yep, that's Han all right!

Loved the puffed up like a big blower fish part [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I just hope they make it in time...

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

23. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Uh oh... I'm getting really nervous about this! [face_worried]

Then he said that he and Pay-pa and Chewie had ?been in tougher scrapes? and ?where Pay-pa?s negotiation skills didn?t work, negations from the point of a good blaster backed up by the fleet?s finest would.?
    [face_laugh] Loved this line... classic Han!

I also loved how Pem said she knew lots of bad words and she would use them if it helped... that was so cute! [face_love]

Great update!

24. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Hey all - just a quick note to say there will be an update on Thursday!!

25. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003

Awwww.

I hope Han and Luke make it through this safely. Loved Pem's offer to use all the bad words she knows if it would help!

Great post. =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.