main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Death in Comics: Where is thy sting?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by JediOverlord, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    It's turned into a running joke in the X-books. When Banshee died, his daughter Siryn just shrugged it off and said, "Oh, well he'll be back soon enough." And in the newest issue of Young X-Men I counted no less than three references to how the X-Men are hard to kill or don't stay dead.

2. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    I am grateful for the X-Men's penchant to return in light of Giant Sized Astonishing X-Men.

However, it might be worth while to off someone major permanently among the X-Men roster and not have them return. Obviously the character that would likely be the most effective to kill would be Wolverine since he is the hardest to kill, but his "popularity" gives him some level of immunity. I think that would create a sense of danger again. Its a shame that M-Day and the school attacks in New X-Men and Messiah Complex didn't have the impact needed to remind us of the dangers these characters face regularly.

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It still is. We'll see how Geoff Johns works it in with "Rogue's Revenge", but I'm sure it's still canon. It was part of the "Terminal Velocity" storyline which introduced the Speed Force.

They're okay. A bit convolted, but okay otherwise.

Not as of DC Universe #0.

Hell, there's talk over in Batman of Thomas Wayne being alive and that he hired Joe Chill to kill Martha and Bruce. Though we don't know if these are facts or the Black Glove planting false information.

4. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Yes, with what looked to be 3 or 4 major character's deaths in the last issue (not counting the one part-way through, someone that hasn't been involved regularly for 3 years or so doesn't count), we find out barely a month later that 3 aren't dead at all, although one does eventually kick the bucket as part of an extended epilogue.

5. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Hasn't Jean Grey been dead for quite some time this time?

6. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    She has, ever since Morrison's run ended. But I have a feeling that it won't last for long (if she hasn't already been brought back as I'm suspicious about).

7. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Jean is dead but the phoenix force has popped up once or twice and its power is nearly limitless, so its not impossible that she may return. It depends entirely on who is writing the series.

8. henchman24

henchman24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2008
    One of my questions has always been why doesn't it happen more often? All the rediculous danger they go thru on a daily basis. Cap is my favorite comic book hero...and its about time he bought it...I mean really. I understand theres money to be made...but heroes of a more regular persuasion like Cap...or Batman should die alot more often. Having another person take up the mantle doesn't bother me at all. I am greatly looking forward to the Cap movie but I hope Steve is allowed to RIP in the books.

9. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What kind of crazy-arse birthday present is that?!?!?!?!

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    One where Peter gets to actually talk to his uncle, who is not a clone or a doppelger (sp) or a figment of Peter's conscience as a result of having suffered head trauma.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.