main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Death Of A Hero

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Solo_Skywalker, Mar 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solo_Skywalker

Solo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2003
    Please excuse me if you don't like this story because it's my first fanfic, so I apoligise in advance.

I wrote this story because I thought about what would have happened if George Lucas had agreed with Harrison Ford's request and killed Han Solo in ROTJ - thankfully he didn't! Phew! Still that got me thinking, how and where would he have died? How would the people around him deal with his departure? How would Leia?

Copyright: I am not trying to gain any kind of profit from this or offend George Lucas, but thank him for these wonderful films.

*Recently edited to improve reading quality.*

Here we go...

He watched them all celebrating with utter contempt,

Still, that wouldn?t last, he thought.

He smiled malevolently when he thought of her falling to a dead pile on the ground. After that? it didn?t matter, he would have honoured the Empire and all that it stood for.

Slowly he drew his blaster and aimed it at the object of his hatred.

One minute Luke was enjoying himself and smiling with his best friends and the next Han was pushing Leia out the way of a blaster bolt.

Luke looked to the bushes to see an imperial officer aim again for his sister. Where was Han?

Luke pulled his lightsaber from its belt with amazing speed and blocked the offending blasts. Abruptly the blasts stopped and Luke looked to see Wedge had gone round the behind the imperial and blasted him.

Luke turned to his sister, what he saw he would never forget.

Leia had been vaguely aware of what had just happened, she pulled herself from the floor and searched for Han. He was lying crumpled on the floor nearby.

Oh God, no, please, no? let him be all right.

She tentively crawled over to him, he was lying face down and she could smell the ozone from the blast he?d taken for her. She gently turned him over, to see a large scorch mark on his chest oozing blood and staining his white shirt.

?L-Leia?? he stammered.

Tears began to drip down her face as he said her name, ?Shhh? Han its gonna be alright, just hang on, please? she said the last word like all her happiness depended on it, in reality, it did. It really did.

He began shivering violently; she pulled him to her and cradled him in her arms. Force, please let him live, I don?t think I can make it without him? please!

?Leia I-I want? y-you t-to?know?I?ll?a-always? l-love? you-?

Leia?s tears began to flow more furiously now as she desperately watched him gasp for air. ?That?s right,? she said shakily ?And that?s why you?re going to make it? she tried to sound confident but was unsuccessful.

Han managed to give a half smile but gently shook his head. ?I?ll b-be watchin??over? you w-when? you? l-lead? that?. G-government of? yours?

Tears began to stream down Han?s face, he knew he didn?t have much time left, but at least the pain wasn?t as bad now.

Leia?s sobs grew louder as she clung to him, she was aware that everyone was watching them, but all that mattered was Han, the one man she?d ever loved was dying in her arms and she couldn?t do anything to prevent it.

?Han please, please, don?t leave me!? She begged him ?I love you, stay with me, please!?

?I? l-love you?to?a-and I-I?ll?be w-waitin??for?y-you? he muttered. Suddenly his shivering stopped and he lay limply in Leia?s arms.

No! Don?t let this happen to me again! But Han was gone; he?d left her to a world of loneliness and despair.

?Nooo!? Leia cried out as she sobbed hysterically into Han?s shirt collar.

Luke had stood there watching like everyone else as he witnessed Han?s dying words to his sister. He felt like a huge part of him had been torn forcibly from him, he felt cold and empty, as the grief washed over him. He was numb all over.

If this is how I feel Leia must fell 10 times worse he thought as he watched her cry uncontrollably over her deceased lover.

He feebly glanced around to see Chewie sitting on a stump nearby with

2. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    awwwwwwwwww. .. that was sooo sad and yet so sweet!

3. Solo_Skywalker

Jan 5, 2003
    Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. If anyone else reads this, please let me know what you think.

4. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    Wow. I mean... wow.

I was expecting some twist at the end, but that certainly wasn't it.

I know how hard it can be to write your first attempt SoloS, but with this start, I hope there will be more.

5. SithTahiri

SithTahiri Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    This is great; really sad though.

6. Solo_Skywalker

Jan 5, 2003
    Thanks for the feed back, I intend to write more, I've just got to find some time and an actual storyline. I'll let you know when I do though, I'll probably post on this thread if its not fallen too far back. Thanks again! :D

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Very cool story, Solo_Skywalker! I hope to be reading more from you.

8. Solo_Skywalker

Jan 5, 2003
    I've started a new story, it's on Beyond The Saga and is called A Walk Too Close To The Edge. Enjoy! :D

9. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Wow! [face_impressed] That was some story! :D

10. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    That was a great story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.