main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Death of a Hutt (multi-angle viggie) Luke up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Jun 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I thought I'd try my hand at looking at a single scene from multiple viewpoints. I'm not sure how well this will work, but here goes!

Leia

The chain jerked in the hands of the Hutt, and the collar pressed itself against my throat. Just one more example of Jabba trying to prove that he was in charge of this situation, and not me. I pretended not to notice it, continuing to look out from the deck of the Sail Barge at the sand-blown dunes of Tatooine's Great Dune Sea. And trying not to think of what would happen to Han if Luke's plan failed.

Though I never thought I would admit it, I did love Han. When Vader froze him in that block of carbonite, it felt as though part of my heart had been ripped out. Now, when I was so close to getting him back, it seemed as though he might be torn from me again.

The tug came on the chain again, this time more forcefully, and I found myself actually placing my hands on the fat of Jabba's body in order to keep from falling into him. "Soon you will learn to appreciate me," Jabba said, bringing the noxious beverage he was consuming close enough that I could smell it.

Like the Sith I will, I thought, pulling away from Jabba and returning to the viewport to find that we had arrived at the Pit of Carkoon. On skiff circled the pit, while the other hovered at the edge of it, a short plank extended from the side. Teeth ringed the pit, and from the center emerged a set of tentacles and a beak that opened and closed, as if in anticipation of a meal.

"His High Exaltedness, the Great Jabba the Hutt, hopes that you will die honorably," I heard Threepio say. "But should any of you wish to beg for mercy, the Great Jabba will now listen to your pleas."

"Give me Jedi," I heard Jabba mutter.

Han shouted something in Jabba's direction, but I wasn't quite able to make it all out. I did hear the phrase "Worm-ridden filth," so I guessed that it wasn't quite what Jabba had in mind.

Luke was already standing on the plank, his hands free. "Jabba, this is your last chance. Free us, or die." I found it a little hard to believe that Luke still felt there might be an alternative to the assault I knew was coming, but I also felt that he considered it necessary to give Jabba one final chance to back down.

I moistened my lips as I saw one of Jabba's goons prod Luke towards the edge of the platform. I could only hope that Artoo was ready to do his part. Jabba shouted something in Huttese, and the guard prodded Luke one final time, over the edge of the plank. Luke plunged off the end, turned in midair, and used the plank to catapult himself upward. His lightsaber landed in his hand, and the assault was on.

Panels slid shut - some form of defensive measure, but I had my own plans. I grabbed the chain that connected me to Jabba's dais, and flung it over the Hutt's massive head. His stubby hands went up to where the chain had buried itself in fat, and he tried to pull it away. Meanwhile, I pulled as hard as I could, trying to choke the life out of him. All I could think of was seeing the links of the chain pressing themselves tighter against his throat. I gave one final pull, knowing that this would either succeed to fail. I could only hope that luck would be with me, as it had so many times before.

After what seemed an eternity, I opened my eyes, which I had squeezed shut in that final effort. Jabba lay dead. Now I just had to get out of here before his goons realized just what had happened. I leapt down from the dais, trying to find something to cut the chain with when Artoo arrived, extened his cutting arm, and sliced through the chain.

"Come on," I said to Artoo, "we've to get out of here." One way or another, I knew that the Sail Barge had taken its last flight. I made my way to the upper deck, trying to stay clear of the assorted rabble attempting to either make their way up as well, or flee the mayhem Luke must be causing. Unfortunately, one I got up there, I didn't really know how I could help Luke out. I also realized ju

2. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    I guess I'll have to up this and hope that somebody might look into it.

3. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Heh, this is an idea that hasn't been used much - a single scene from several points of view. Looks great! I can see this turning into a "missing scene" sorta thing. I'd love to see Han's version (particularly his reaction to Leia's get-up).

4. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    This is really good nice insight into how she feels (especailly about Han) I'm glad there will be more!

5. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    I hadn't heard of anybody really trying this before, but I figured that, given the multiple angles here, this scene might work. As for Han's reaction, well, you'll see it in my post tonight.

Glad you're enjoying yourself, Hananiah. Glad I've been able to pull off getting inside Leia's head. (Not always easy, seeing as I'm a guy! :))

And here comes Han!

Han

"I think my eyesight is getting better," I said, hoping that I had turned to Luke and not one of the guards. "Instead of a big dark blur, I see a big light blur."

"There's nothing to see," the kid said. "I used to live here, you know."

"You're gonna die here, you know. Convenient."

"Just stick close to Chewie and Lando. I've taken care of everything."

"Great," though I certainly wasn't confident about this. After all, Luke was somewhat responsible for this whole mess. If Vader hadn't been so determined to capture Luke, I probab;y wouldn't have ended up in the block...no. I wasn't about to even think about the...what was it...months? I'd spent in that thing.

I could feel the almost nonexistent preeze fade completely, and thought, we're here. Wherever here is.

"His High Exaltedness, the Great Jabba the Hutt, hopes that you will die honorably," I heard Threepio say. Yeah right, I thought. There's nothing Jabba would have liked more than to see us grovel, pleading for our lives. My thought was made reality with the droid's next words.

"Threepio!" I shouted. "You tell that slimy piece o' worm-ridden filth he'll get no such pleasure from us!" Part of that came from my own sense of bravado, and part of it from the hope that it might reassure Leia, who was up on the Barge with Jabba, I presumed."

"Jabba," Luke said, "this is your last chance. Free us, or die."

What happened next must have surprised the Sith out of Jabba. Suddenly, I heard the distinctive snap-hiss of Luke's lightsaber igniting, followed by a scream. Even Jabba wouldn't have been so incompetent as to allow a Jedi to keep his weapon. I heard blaster bolts, and then Chewie growled something at me, even as I picked up a section of pipe. "Boba Fett? Where is he?" I turned, and felt the pipe make contact with something.

It must have connected with Fett's jetpack, because I recognized the sound of the rocket, even as the skiff lurched to one side. The next thing I heard was Lando.

"Haaaan! Chewie!"

"Lando!" He must have fallen off the skiff when it tipped. I stretched out towards the sand, then felt myself slip. "Grab me, Chewie, I'm slipping!"

"Lower it!"

"I'm trying!" Geez, Lando. I just got out of carbon freeze. Give me a break, will ya? Finally getting my sight back, I saw the yelp from Lando was due to one of the Sarlacc's tentacles. "Chewie, give me the gun."

"No, wait," Lando shouted from below. "I thought you were blind!"

"Trust me, I can see a lot better now!"

"A little higher, just a little higher!" Ignoring Lando, I fired, and was relieved to see the bolt sever the tentacle.

"Chewie, pull us up!" A bit of quick repair work from Lando and Chewie righted the skiff, and we soon were joined by Luke and Leia. Leia was wearing perhaps the skimpiest costume I'd ever seen on one of Jabba's slaves. "Nice outfit, Leia," I said, smirking. Too bad you'll probably flush it from a waste chute at the first opportunity. All I got in response from her was a sharp look that plainly said, "don't go there." Hey, I don't think she can blame me too much. I've been frozen stiff for the past few months!

That's it for now. I'm working on the Lando post, but it may take me a couple of days to get it just where I want it. But it should be here by the weekend at the latest.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

6. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003
    Great post! I always love Han, any way kudos for getting into Leia's head and being a guy I think these were really well done!

7. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Great idea. Looking forward to more. How many angles were you gonna do? Chewie, Boba Fett,See Threepio, Artoo?

8. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Thanks, Hananiah, glad you liked it.

I'm planning, so far, of doing at least five. There's the two I've posted, and then Lando, Threepio, and of course, Luke. Hadn't really considered doing Fett, but I might give it a go and see if it works.

No post tonight, but I should have the Lando segment ready tomorrow night.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

9. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Okay, here's Lando!

Lando

Guard duty. It seemed like that was all these guys ever got, and they were complaining about it. Again. At least to me, this was the best place to be. Right in the middle of the action. I tried to keep any sign of anticipation from crossing my features as the skiff slid into position over the Pit of Carkoon. No wonder Jabba saved this for the worst offenders. The tentacles looked as though they could cling to a man's skin and never let go, while that beak...no, I'm not going to think about it.

A plank slid out from the side of the skiff as Threepio began to speak from the deck of the Sail Barge, hovering where Jabba would have a fine view of the execution. I tried to move a little to the side, not wanting to really be anywhere near Luke when he made his move.

"Threepio," Han was shouting in the general direction of the Barge, "you tell that slimy piece o' worm ridden-filth that he'll get no such pleasure from us!" Good old Han. I hope his sight's getting better, because I don't think I'll be able to cover him once the melee begins.

Jabba gave the order to move Luke into position, and Barada freed the Jedi's hands. Luke stepped onto the plank, and looked toward the Sail Barge, still confident. "Jabba, this is your last chance. Free us, or die."

"Put him in," came the order from the Sail Barge.

Luke was pushed off the plank, but in mid-air caught the end, flipping back to land in the middle of the skiff. A moment later, his lightsaber was in hand, and ignited. I took this as a cue to move, and immediately found myself in a tussle with one of Jabba's guards, only to be thrown over the rail when some idiot aboard the Barge fired a turret gun, shaking the whole skiff. I grabbed onto a trailing rope, and hung there, poised over the Sarlacc's maw.

Luke was climbing the side of the barge when another shot form the turret gun hit the skiff, this time tilting the whole thing to one side and dropping me closer to the sands surrounding the Sarlacc. After hearing what sounded like a burp when the thing swallowed Boba Fett, I had no desire to become acquainted with the creature.
    ?Haaan! Chewie!? I called, hoping that one of them would hear me. C?mon you blasted pirate, I thought, knowing that Han had probably only now remembered I was here. He hung from the skiff, extending a pole to me.

?Lower it!?

?I?m trying,? Han said, as another blast shook the skiff, almost knocking Han loose and forcing Chewie to grab Han?s ankles. Then, one of the Sarlacc?s tentacles seemed to suddenly find my leg.

?Yeaaaah!? I looked up to find Han pointing a blaster in my general direction. Was he crazy. Granted, his sight may be improving, but that didn?t mean he?d be all that accurate. ?No, wait, I thought you were blind!?

?Trust me, I can see a lot better now!? So I was placing my life in the hands of a half-blind pilot? Even from my position, I could see that Han hadn't drawn exactly the best bead on the tentacle.

"A little higher, just a little higher!" I shouted, just before Han pulled the trigger. The bolt seared through the Sarlacc's tentacle, and I heard the creature roar in pain. Chewie began pulling Han up, drawing me up as well. Once we had righted the skiff, we were joined by Luke and Leia, who had swung over from the Sail Barge.

"Let's go," Luke said. "And don't forget the droids."

"We're on our way," I said, pulling up next to where Threepio's feet stuck out of the sand. We brought the droids on board, and sailed away, just before the Sail Barge blew up, scattering wreckage, and probably little pieces of dead Hutt across the sands.

Threepio will be up next, probably sometime over the weekend.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

10. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Nice post. Interesting perspective from Lando.

11. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Dead Hutt - yecchh. I don't wanna think about it, either.

12. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Glad you liked it, yoda.

I probably did get a little graphic with the pieces of Hutt bit, didn't I, Sebby?

And now, how about the scene from the POV of our favorite protocol droid, fluent in over six million forms of communication and who can readily...

Threepio

"What are you doing here?" I asked Artoo, having bumped into him. He blew a raspberry at me, as if the answer was obvious. "Well, I can see you're serving drinks, but this place is dangerous. They're going to execute Master Luke, and if we're not careful, us too." Artoo tweetled something about a plan. "I wish I had your confidence."

I made my way back up to main deck in time to see Jabba pull Princess Leia to him. That any species could stoop to this level still seemed wrong to me, despite the knowledge I had of Hutt culture. Jabba beckoned to me as the Sail Barge came to a halt.

I dreaded what I had to translate, but didn't want to suffer the fate of that poor droid I had seen in the lower levels of Jabba's palace. "Victims of the Almighty Sarlacc, His Excellency hopes that you will die honorably. But should any of you wish to beg for mercy, the Great Jabba will now listen to your pleas."

"Threepio," came the voice of Captain Solo, "you tell that slimy piece o' worm-ridden filth that he'll get no such pleasure from us!"

Jabba, of course, ignored Captain Solo's words, and gave the order to move Master Luke into position.

"Jabba," Master Luke said, "this is your last chance. Free us, or die."

Jabba didn't consider Master Luke to be a threat, and ordered the execution to commence. I was fairly certain that I would spend the remaining short days translating for the Hutt, until he finally became enraged and ordered my destruction. I had no idea what he planned to do with Mistress Leia. I have no idea what occurred next, but the scene became one of chaos. Mistress Leia slew the Hutt, and Artoo appeared out of nowhere to cut the chain that bound her to Jabba's dais. Salacious Crumb, Jabba's vicious little monkey-lizard, began chewing on my eye.

"Artoo, help!" I called, hoping to attract the attention of my counterpart. An electrical charge surged from Artoo, zapping the little monster. Artoo suggested we make our way to the top deck. His next suggestion seemed ludicrous. "Artoo, I couldn't possibly..."

My last words were lost as Artoo pushed me off the edge of the Barge, sending me plunging headfirst into the sand. We were retrieved by the others as they made their escape from the Pit of Carkoon, just before the explosion of Jabba's Sail Barge.

I should have Luke's version (probably the longest one) up Sunday or Monday.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

13. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Poor Threepio. Looking forward to Luke

14. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    fluent in over six million forms of communication and who can readily...

...irritate the living crap out of me before he even opens his voder. :p I rather thought he'd perpetrate a bit more neurotic babbling, but then there's so much going on that he can't pick any one thing to fuss about.

15. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Poor Threepio, yoda? I think anybody in the GFFA who's had to deal with the droid would say poor them!

I didn't want to put any more babbling in there, lest I irritate someone by doing so. And perhaps drive myself a little batty.

The Luke post is almost done, so I should have it up tomorrow. I'm also thinking of doing something similar to this fic with the Geonosis arena. Anybody want to see that?

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

16. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Kriffing double posts!

17. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003
    Great post poor Threepio you can really feel his pain. You described their characters very well

18. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Thanks, Hananiah.

And now, here comes the last perpective.

Luke

Along with Han and Chewie, I was hauled from Jabba's throne room, and taken down to one of the palace's lower levels, where an assortment of speeders, skiffs, and Jabba's relatively large Sail Barge were docked. One of Jabba's dancing girls had rushed over to the Hutt, and appeared to be arguing with him. I also felt a tiny ripple in the Force. Another Jedi? I soon forgot her as we were herded onto one of the skiffs. Four guards, one of them Lando, boarded the skiff, and we were off, another skiff filled with guards flying alongside ours, with the Sail Barge following.

"I think my eyesight is getting better," Han muttered to me as we cruised across the desert, already turning into a blast furnace under Tatooine's twin suns. I think black may have been the wrong color to wear, I thought. "Instead of a big dark blur, I see a big light blur," Han continued.

"There's nothing to see," I said, turning slightly. Indeed, there wasn't. Nothing but sand dunes, and a small herd of free-roaming banthas was in sight. It was just a typical day on the Dune Sea. I guessed that even the Sand People knew better than to interfere with Jabba. "I used to live here, you know."

"You're going to die here, you know," Han replied. "Convenient."

It wasn't the sort of response I was looking for. But then, things hadn't exactly gone as I would have liked. First, there had been Leia's capture, and now even I had been unable to influence the Hutt. "Just stick close to Chewie and Lando. I've taken care of everything." Or rather, I was fairly confident that I could handle whatever the Hutt might throw at me.

"Great," Han muttered as the skiff slowed, nearing the Pit of Carkoon. Most people knew about the Sarlacc, but more in the general idea that getting too close inevitable led to trouble. Looking down at the tentacles, and the beak extending from what might have otherwise been a hole in the sand, I could easily see why.

"Victims of the Almighty Sarlacc," Threepio began from the deck of the Sail Barge as the other skiff circled the pit, "his Excellency hopes that you will die honorably." Now I just need to hope that Artoo gets into position. Because without him, this is going to get real ugly, real quick. "But should any of you wish to beg for mercy," Threepio continued, "the Great Jabba will now listen to your pleas."

In typical fashion, Han turned towards the Barge as insulted Jabba. "Threepio, you tell that slimy piece o' worm-ridden filth he'll get no such pleasure from us!" He then turned to Chewie. "Right?"

I felt a prod from the guard behind me, and stepped out onto the plank that had extended from the side of the skiff. I turned towards the Sail Barge, feeling that I should give Jabba one last chance. "Jabba, I began," this is your last chance. Free us, or die." The response was another prod from the guard behind me. I turned, and tossed a salute towards Artoo, now in position on the upper deck of the Sail Barge. The guard prodded me once more, and I stepped off. Spinning in mid-air, I grabbed the end of the plank and catapulted myself upward, landing on the skiff a moment before my lightsaber dropped into my hand. I ignited the blade, and waded into the guards, even as Lando began to wrestle with one of the others. Boba Fett landed on the deck, and actually managed to get a shot off before my lightsaber sliced in in half. I turned my attention to freeing Chewie's hands, but found myself wrapped in a cable, compliments of the bounty hunter. That might have messed up the whole plan, but the deck gun on the Sail Barge fired, and I was able to deflect it such that it burned through the wire.

My attention then turned toward the other skiff, and I leapt onto it, seeking to deflect any attacks before they could overwhelm me. Once that skiff was out of commission, I began scaling the side of the Sail Barge. More guards awaited me on the deck, and I was surprised to see Leia emerge from bel

19. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Hmmm.

I thought Luke's perspective would at leats get some attention. Maybe nobody's seen that this has been updated.

20. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Very nice touch including Mara. I enjoyed Luke's perspective. Any more?

21. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    I'll second the Mara bit. If only he knew...

22. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Glad you liked Mara's appearance, yoda. This was the last post for this little run. But I'm thinking of starting on a similar idea with the Geonosis arena, possibly starting tomorrow.

Yes, Sebby, if only Luke knew.

23. Jedi_of_Twilight

Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2002
    YAY!~

This is AWESOME!!!!

This is the kinda fanfic stories I want to see after being off the internet & only working on my own stories!!!

I really liked the Luke one (big surprise, right? 8-} since he's my favorite of the trio). This is well done! I love how you are doing these points of view!

UUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

~*
    Amilight :D

24. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Oh Geonosis should be nice lots of people there

Boba, Jango, Dooku, Mace, Yoda, Anakin,Obi,Padme,Threepio Artoo, Kit Fisto Saesee Tiin, Aayla Secura, Ki-Adi Mundi, Plo Koon,Luminara and Barriss, Shaak Ti and some no name jedi like the Hi yah! girl. Be sure to pm me with a link though I'll be looking for it.

25. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Glad you liked it, Amilight. If you liked this one, I'd suggest checking out "An Execution Gone Wrong." I'll be getting a link to that one up in my bio soon.

I don't think I'll take things quite to that degree, yoda. The fic is posted, however, entitled "An Execution Gone Wrong." Don't worry. If I find you're not reading, you'll hear from he. :D

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.