main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Death of Coleman Trebor by Jango

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by BLUEJEDI3, Oct 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MobartZmuda

MobartZmuda Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    It makes me feel sorry for the Jedi Council. This pathetic being was promoted not only to Jedi Master but placed on the Council, whereas a great Jedi like Obi-wan never reaches the level of Master and Anakin is stuck as a padawan. The Jedi Order deserved to be wiped out! The Jedi Purge will not come soon enough to this pitiful band of dumb mofo's.

2. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    I didn't mind. It showed Jango's skill.

3. Ewan-Kenobi

Ewan-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 21, 2000
    "a) Trebor attempted to make an attempt to attack Dooku and Jango by himself, which obviously means he *thinks* he's strong enough to take on the two with his "body"

b) Trebor attempted to attempt to block Jango's blaster shots with his lightsaber--a skill of the "body", not mind."

Skills of the mind does not refer to force grabbing objects. It means intelligence, knowledge of certain areas, wisdom, ability to see things with the force.

And just because he's not very physically powerful doesn't mean he can't block shots with his lightsaber or attempt to take Dooku out. But you have to question his judgement for jumping alone into the same box that Mace jumped out of. ;)

As for why Coleman is on the council and Obi-Wan is not....I can not say for sure. We do not know what areas Coleman was skilled in or what knowledge and perspective he could offer. Also, Obi-Wan has a padawan, and there's no film evidence to show that council members are allowed to have an apprentice. Sure, Yoda and others can train young initiates, but there's no evidence of any of them having apprentices.(not counting EU evidence)

Of course, Dooku was Yoda's padawan, but there's no way of knowing if he was on the council when he trained him.

4. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    It would have been better if Dooku had taken him out. But then again it would have been better if Obi-wan killed Jango.

whostheBossk likes this.
  5. jc_stratus

jc_stratus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2002
    anyone have any pictures of him getting wasted?

6. AAMD11

AAMD11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    I felt sorry for Trebor, you gotta admit that sucked for the Jedi. Good thing Mace put Jango to shame :)

7. flagg

flagg Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 1999
    GARY COLEMAN WAS IN AOTC?!!!

8. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I loved this part... whoa... seeing a Jedi getting wasted by Fett, followed by the "old west" gun twirl... heck yeah. :p

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Excuse me, Flagg - that's Sir Gary Coleman!

I'm assuming you're a Dark Tower fan. Ex-cellent.

-dust

10. Arif

Arif Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2002
    If it is any consolation, I think that Jango fired his shots very carefully, the first one drawing the jedi's blade away to make way for the last shot.

11. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Coleman rulz.

12. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Don't worry. Coleman didn't really die.

He returns in Episode III as Palpatine's new apprentice ;)

13. Chilean_JEDI19

Chilean_JEDI19 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2002
    I think Coleman's dead was really cool!!! He was a great Jedi Knight but (as Yoda said early) he was too overconfident and the GREAT Fett only showed what he best know to do!!! KICK SOME A..ES =)

(I've been laughting to dead with this topic... specially because Dooku's picture!!! SCARYYY jajajaj)

14. Maul5

Maul5 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2001
    that Lousy Form 6 lightsaber style will get you killed everytime according to the last starwars Insider( I know EU but It's all we got for now) everyone that used it died in AOTC. From 6 is like the Army boot camp of lightsaber training you study the basics and then use the rest of your time for studying, teaching or history etc. OB1 uses form 3 which is the best for defence. that issue of SI is a good read and answers alot of questions for now, untill EpIII of course.

15. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Some people just don't get it...

Jedi are not all powerful. They CAN and DO get defeated by people without lightsabers.

Jedi are not gods.

16. MobartZmuda

MobartZmuda Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    But why attack a former Jedi Master and a Bounty Hunter by yourself? It boggles the mind. There are two hundred other Jedi in the arena--he couldn't find one that would be willing to team up with him or was he that full of himself?

Not even good ol' Palpy is that overconfident.

The bastard deserved to die!

17. ratherkissawookie

ratherkissawookie Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2002
    ANAKIN : I don't think so... No one can kill a Jedi Knight.

QUI-GON : I wish that were so...

Think about it. How many Jedi had we seen die in 4 previous Star Wars movies? I count one Jedi (Qui-Gon) and two Sith (Vader and Maul). I think we needed more proof that the Jedi aren't invincible.

18. LadyEowyn

LadyEowyn Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    I liked that scene, especially Jango's gun twirl at the end. [face_love]

But I thought it also showed that Jango wasn't just some waste of space, that Jango is a threat, and even though we know that Mace most likely will come out on the top of their one on one battle, it shows that Jango has the audacity to *think* he could take on Mace, since he took out Trebor.

~Lady Éowyn~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.