main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Death of Senator Palpatine

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Xen, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    To keep things from getting confusing I added the bolded text We will take it at The Phantom Menace, as Queen Amidala is leaving Tatooine and arriving on Coruscant where she is to be met by Senator Palpatine. The Senator is standing alone on a landing platform as the Queen's ship approaches when a freak accident sends a speeder hurling towards the landing platform, and as fate would have it crushing the Senator. The sudden death of the Sith Lord is felt by all who have the slightest connection to the force as it sends shock waves ripping through Jedi senses, even the untrained Anakin feels the sudden death of such a powerful being.

Queen Amidala, shaken by the death of Senator Palpatine still addresses the Senate, although the Senate is sympathetic towards the loss of Palpatine, they still have their orders from Darth Sidious, not quite making the connection they are both one in the same. Chancellor Valorum sets up a committe to obtain the truth of the Queen's allegations that the Trade Federation is murdering the people of Naboo. Without Palpatine there to coax her, she does not call for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum. Angered by the lack of sympathy for her cause, the Queen decides to go back to Naboo.

At the Jedi Temple, Anakin is denied permission to train as a Jedi, however the Council agrees with Qui-Gon that Obi-Wan is ready to take the trials to be a Jedi Knight. Yoda assigns him the task of investigating the death of Senator Palpatine and any connections it might have to the Sith attack on Qui-Gon on Tatooine. Obi-Wan is to report directly to the Council, Yoda being his point of contact. Qui-Gon is given charge of Anakin and ordered to go back to Naboo with the Queen, Mace Windu decides to go with the Queen and Qui-Gon. Yoda agrees, in part to keep an eye on Master Jinn to make sure he doesn't sneak and train the boy.

Darth Maul is lurking in the shadows of Coruscant when he senses his masters death, he is now the master and must seek an apprentice to continue the Sith Legacy. Taking only what is necessary, Lord Maul flee's Coruscant to the Outer Rim where he begins his search for an apprentice. He finds his apprentice in the Bounty Hunter Aurra Sing on Tatooine, the two darksiders disappear to Yavin IV where Maul begins to instruct Sing in the ways of the Sith.

Without orders from Lord Sidious the Trade Federation is lost and confused, and is easily toppled by Queen Amidala, Qui-Gon Jinn, and Mace Windu, with a little help from the Gungans and the piloting skills of Anakin Skywalker. At the battle's end, Qui-Gon meets secretly with Queen Amidala and convinces her to take the parts from the destroyed starships, and droids to Tatooine and arrange for the release of Shmi, Anakin's mother. Anakin sees his mother again the day he is to leave for Coruscant, she is given a small house outside of Theed and a job at a local repair shop.

Arriving on Coruscant, Yoda is pleased to tell Qui-Gon that Obi-Wan has passed the trials, completing his training and reluctantly, the venerable Jedi Master granted permission for Qui-Gon to take Anakin as his new apprentice. The council could sense that Anakin no longer feared for his mother, believing her to be safe and proud she obtained her freedom, living on Naboo. Anakin knew somewhere deep inside he would see his mother again. The new perspective he held, contributed greatly to the Council's decision to allow his training. As the sun began to rise over Coruscant, Qui-Gon stood before the Council pleased with its decision, his former apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi, now a Jedi Knight stood to his left, and his new apprentice, Anakin Skywalker, stood to his right.

It has been 10 years since the death of Senator Palpatine and the emergence of the Sith. Little do the Jedi know of Palpatine's true origin and believe his death to be related to the Sith.

During the decade the Republic rotted from within, several hundred star systems under the leadership of the former Jedi Master Count Dooku have declared their intentions to secede from the Rep

2. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I love this line, "When the pupil is ready to learn, the master will present himself.

It sounds familiar...anyway this is a good start. However i think the title is a bit misleading.

3. Jedi_Xen

Sep 26, 2001
    Qui-Gon and Anakin had been assigned to watch over Senator Amidala during the attempted assassinations. The Jedi strongly supported the Senator and her position on the Creation of an Army, even if she would have been the acts strongest supporter, the Jedi felt compelled to protect her.

"Relax my young Padawan." Qui-Gon addressed Anakin "I don?t recall the last time I felt you this tense."

"I?m sorry Master; it?s been 10 years since I have seen her." Anakin nervously fixed his robes

?Be mindful of your feelings Anakin, they serve you well but they can betray you. Keep your focus on here and now where it belongs.?

?Yes Master Qui-Gon, I understand.?

?Just relax Anakin, let the force be your guide.? Qui-Gon instructed. Anakin had been a great apprentice over the past decade, although Qui-Gon?s teaching method and the boys destiny often caused concern with the Jedi Council.

Jar Jar greeted the Jedi once they reached the top floor ?Quigon! Ani! Mesa bustin? with happiness seein? yousa again.

?It?s good to see you again Jar Jar.? Qui-Gon acknowledged, the former Gungan outcast had came along way in the past decade, now he represented the Gungan?s in the Imperial Senate.

?Senator Padme, lookie lookie, its Quigon and Ani.?

Padme turned to greet the Jedi, she had come to respect Qui-Gon for his part in the liberation of Naboo, and though she couldn?t see the wisdom in his decisions then, she saw it looking back in hindsight. The Jedi Master is now 70, his hair completely gray making him look all the wiser. ?Qui-Gon? Padme smiled ?It feels my heart with joy to see you again, it has been too long.?

?Too long indeed Senator? Qui-Gon bowed ?You remember Anakin, don?t you??

Padme shifted her eyes to the man that stood before her ?Of course I remember.? She beamed ?You?ve grown handsome Ani; you?re no longer that little boy that I knew on Tatooine.?

?Thank you Senator? Anakin bowed ?You?ve grown more beautiful yourself.?

Padme smiled and turned ?You remember Sabe.? She introduced her best friend and loyal servant. ?I would be lost if not for her.?

?I am you glad you are here? Captain Typhoo spoke up ?I am Captain Typhoo of Naboo Security Forces, we can use your help, the situation is more difficult than the Senator would care to admit.?

?I want to know whose trying to kill me and why. I believe it could be someone in the Senate, someone who wants to Army Creation Act passed.? Padme eyed her Jedi Protectors

?Don?t worry Padme, we will find who is trying to kill you!? Anakin hoped to comfort her

?Patience my Padawan? Qui-Gon?s voice was firm yet calm ?Let the force guide you Anakin. The assassin will try again, that is certain, and when he does we will wait for him to make a mistake.?

?Of course Master? Anakin nodded

?We have the upper hand; the assassin is unaware of our presence.? Qui-Gon smiled at Padme ?We both have much work to do Senator, and don?t worry we will take care of everything.?

Obi-Wan stared at the ship being prepped for his journey to Kamino, for nearly 10 years he had flown the same ship, now he required a two seater. His first apprentice Vera stood beside him watching as the droids lowered the ship to the launching platform. ?You seem a bit nervous.? Obi-Wan observed sensing the tension in the girl.

?I?m sorry Master Obi-Wan? Vera replied ?I have never flown before; this will be my first time off Coruscant that I can remember.?

?Relax, everything will be ok young Padawan.? Chucking to himself Obi-Wan thought of how strange it was to be called Master Obi-Wan. ?I have something for you Vera.? Obi-Wan said handing her a training lightsaber ?Remember Master Yoda?s instruction?s, and only use it in self defense.?

Vera nodded taking the lightsaber from her master, the green blade activated with a snap-hiss. Taking a moment to view her lightsaber, Vera deactivated the blade and attached it to her belt. The realization that she was beginning on the path to be a Jedi Knight finally set in. Her limited forc

4. --Darth_Dude--

--Darth_Dude-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2004
    Wow! I really like this story, honestly I do. Though there are a few things I must comment on:

1) What's up with the sudden discovery of this clone army on Kamino? And why did Obi-Wan go there? AOTC had him go there because of the way the story unfolded, it seems you simply send him there because he's Obi-Wan.

2) Obi-Wan taking on a padawan was rather sudden...

3) but on the other hand I really like the "keep your focus on the here and now" line in the elevator... ;)

5. Jedi_Xen

Sep 26, 2001
    to answer your questions

1) The Council sensed the Army now, Palpy is dead, and the residue of the dark sides veil is lifting to the point where the Jedi can again sense things across the galaxy. Obi-Wan is sent mostly because he is a main character and I wanted to send a main character rather than someone like Ki-Adi Mundi or Sia-Lan Wezz. The council uses the justification he is one of the more trusted investigators.

2) It was sudden, hed been under pressure from the Council, Qui-Gon, and now his best friend Siri, he finally just gave. Bumping into Vera, and knowing the feeling of being rejected, him taking her on was very much out of sympathy. Probably not good for a Jedi, but it gives me future story lines.

6. --Darth_Dude--

--Darth_Dude-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2004
    Ah, I see. In that case.. keep it going! :D

7. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    AWWW!!!!!! I JUST FOUND THIS STORY AND I THINK IT'S INCREDIBLY SWEET HOW OBI-WAN TOOK VERA AS A PADAWAN!!!!

8. Jedi_Trevor_GulDan

Jedi_Trevor_GulDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2003
    This is very interesting, Xen. I like the fact that Obi-Wan 'suddenly' takes on a padawan. Maybe there was a feeling in the Force that you didn't describe, but I cannot help but think that part of the story was very well done.

One additional comment: Yoda and the Council seemed too quick to accept Obi-Wan's decision to train Vera. Not that it is a bad thing, mind you. Knowing that the Council was putting pressure on him to take a padawan. I would have though that some time would pass. Even if it was for a half hour. (Hey, it isn't much, but it is a comment.)

Keep up the Great work! This is now on my watch list.

Looking forward to the next installment.

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Obi-Wan rather suddenly took on Vera, but Qui-Gon took on Anakin rather suddenly too. So, I guess you go where the Force leads you! Looking forward to updates.
    Kimberley

10. Jedi_Xen

Sep 26, 2001
    Obi-Wan and Vera finally arrived above Kamino, 10 days after leaving Coruscant. For the Jedi the time went by quickly, Obi-Wan spent most of the time talking to his apprentice, trying to figure out how much knowledge Vera had of the force. The time was well spent, Vera came across to her mentor as a well disciplined if not a model student, it puzzled the Jedi Knight to why no other Jedi had taken her on as an apprentice.

The ship decended into Kaimino's stormy atmosphere landing outside what Obi-Wan determined to be the capital building. The large clone army on the planet made him feel a bit uneasy, their presence in the force was different than that of other beings.

Stepping out of the cold rain, Obi-Wan and Vera were greeted by Taun We, a female Kaminoan. "Welcome Master Jedi" she stared at Vera with an unnerving, supsicious glare "We have been expecing you for quite sometime."

"Im expected?" Obi-Wan asked

"Of course." Taun We turned her attention off of Vera and to her master "after all this time we were beginning to wonder if you were even coming at all. If you please follow me."

The Kaminoan led the Jedi through the corridors to the office of Prime Minister Lama Su. "Ah finally after all this time the Jedi have finally come, I am Prime Minister Lama Su, welcome Jedi Master......" the Prime Minister stopped awainting for introduction's

"Obi-Wan Kenobi" the Jedi Knight introduced himself "And this is my apprentice Vera Xaelg"

Like Taun We, the Prime Minister eyed the padawan with a cold, suspicious glare. "Please Master Kenobi, be seated." A single ladle style chair decended beside the Jedi. "Master Kenobi, we are happy to report that we are on schedule. Please tell Master Sifo Dyas that the first batch will be ready shortly."

Obi-Wan cocked his head "Master Sifo Dyas?"

"Yes" Lama Su nodded "Jedi Master Sifo Dyas is still a member of the Jedi Council is he not?"

"Im sorry to tell you but Master Sifo Dyas was killed ten years ago."

"Oh!" Lama Su, shot an accusing look towards Vera "I am so sorry to hear that."

"Tell me Prime Minister, when Master Sifo Dyas contacted you, did he say what this army was for?"

"Of course, he said Chancellor Valorum and Senator Palpatine placed an order to create an Army of the Republic."

Obi-Wan felt a cold shudder in the force, Senator Palpatine was killed roughly the same time as Sifo Dyas, and the former Chancellor was recently found murdered in his Coruscant home, that crime had still been unresolved. "If I may Prime Minister, I would like to see this Army."

"That wont be a problem Master Kenobi" Lama Su said standing, pointing to Vera "will she be accompanying you?"

"Yes she will." Obi-Wan said standing, feeling a deep concern for the well being of his apprentice "Where I go she goes."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.