main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Death of the Purple Site...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jyro-Kyrn, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Okay, I'm sick of hearing the "OH MY EYES" comments about our board. It's bold, it's purple, and it's time to go...

Anyone interested in doing the graphics for the new banner? Any suggestions as to colors and content? It CANNOT be blue and black like the RMFF. It needs to be distinct.

Perhaps we could include a photo of Garden of the Gods for some local color? We should include our new logo as well (once we get it). It will be black and white but we can color it up a bit and put the red glow on the Vader saber... (Sounds like we should go in a somewhat red direction...)

Anyone?

I'm busy with a lot of projects and doubt that I can get this done anytime soon.

2. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I dont have a program to graphics, or else I would.

As for the banner i think it would look nice if the right side was a photo of garden of the gods, pike peak in the middile and a picture of HARP on the left

3. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    What is HARP?

4. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    its the river walk we have down. its called the Historic Arkansas River walk Project. it put the river back along its original bed after it was moved cause it flooded and drowned half the town in 1921.

5. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    That's a great idea. I even have some good pics of that site... Thought it might be good for filming someday.

6. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    I have to say, perhaps we shouldn't just give this banner a boot to the curb. I like it mostly. just channe the color. mix in a pic or two like you guys were saying and it would be great I think.

7. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    I probably still have all of the files I used. I could change the color of Coruscant to be more black and red, and darker. Redo the text as black with a vader red glow. Could change the banner ad holders to our logo. I hate to lose the filmstrip and the death star in the upper left...

8. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    I just downloaded gimp. I hope to be able to try and design a banner

9. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    so long as we keep the buttshot of nat, I'll be happy...

10. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    I second that!!

Error: Only 1 butt shot per minute is allowed

11. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    the motion has been made and seconded. all in favor say aye, all opposed click here

12. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
  13. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    did anyone click the link?

14. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Yes, I clicked it. Very funny. ha ha.

15. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    Well, gimp is rather gimpy. Everytime i try and do something it locks up.Try and set up a new layer and it locks, try to import a pic it locks. It even locks when i try "copy" and "Paste". :mad:

16. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Well, I don't have the originals for most of this so I will have to start collecting pics again. I'm sure I'll be able to find another good Nat pic for you JD. ;)

Sorry that Gimp isn't working out. You might try finding the previous version (1.x) and trying it. 2 is pretty new.

17. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    so we guess we have become the congress of the boards then. well i think like the color red that the rocks of garden at garden of the gods is pretty cool, you should try to get that in there somewhere.

18. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Yeah, I know...I'm from P-town and rarely participate in SCFF activities. I still wonder why we don't just have a single CO FF...but...oh well...

Colors...

This site's got some nice vibrant pics of the GoG region. Seems most of the planet thinks the Broncos orange/blue is something prevalent in Colorado, even though it only exists in a tiny little 5-mile stretch in a valley. LOL.

http://www.springslife.com/gallery.htm

Maybe a set of oranges or blues from one of those pics?

Edit: Funky linking...

19. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    NO ORANGES OR BLUES!!!!!!

i would shoot a hobo if those became the colors. plus im a raiders fan and nothing you can say or do will stop me from shooting that hobo if the colors are orange and blue.

20. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    I think a good replacement to purple would ANY!! I am not picky. I like the scheme with the gray and black. blue would be nice but that would really make us look like the RMFF little brother.

[image=http://www.r-project.org/screenshots/color-wheel.jpg]

21. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    mos albe just redid there color scheme. it came out good. the went for a tatoinne feel.

22. TK680

TK680 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2004
    Just a thought here, what if you took a picture of Garden of the Gods and put some land speeders down in between the rocks. Then put Aurra Sing on top of one of them overlooking the speeders down below, put in the far right of the banner. What about light blue instead of the purple? Just a thought.

John

23. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Garden of the Gods I think is the general theme that will get picked. Seems to be a consensus on that. But the speeders idea is a good one!

I still challenge anyone to take this on. I'm really busy with the 3D stuff for my film and doubt that I'll stop that to make the banner...

24. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    I would but i dont have any programs since gimp is a royal load of [expletive deleted] and you cant get a thing done with it.It locks up at the smallest task. I figured out its a great way to do a coloring book, but thats it.

EDIT: I dont know why I didnt post this when I first did the message. Any body know a good free program to try this in? I would love to take a crack at it but MS paint just wont cut it.

25. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Saw you guys still haven't gotten anywhere with this. Imperial_Birrer, you may want to try Paint Shop Pro. It's not free, but there is a 30-day trial period, I believe.

Or if you guys want, I could help you out! Send me some large pictures of what you want to use and some accompanying ideas and I'll put something together...