main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Death speculation threds for TUF; Annoying or just fine?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jedimasterkipdurron, Aug 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimasterkipdurron

jedimasterkipdurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    I think they're getting annoying! In the beginning it was just Han, Leia and Luke but now it's them plus Jag, Jaina, Jacen, Mara, Tahiri, etc.

2. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    so how will your copy of TUF die???
    old age on a shelf? being tossed into a blazing inferno? being read so much that the cover falls off? covered in dust in a box where no one can see it? loaned to a friend who never returns it?

3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I just don't read them, and they stop being annoying.

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    There's been far too many lately. The main characters are fine, but some have even made for secondary characters.

5. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Bah, everyone is just copying off of me. :p

6. snarf5181

snarf5181 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Its kind of annoying, yeah. I haven't actually read any, but they are all over the place.

7. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm kinda annoyed by the "OMG! HAN'S GONNA DIE!1" threads, but they give me opportunities to make smartass remarks. ;)

8. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I ignore them all, for the most part except W_Ks theory regarding Han.

I ignore them for the sole reason, that I'm afraid one of those sith spawns will be right and then I'll be spoiled. :(

This close to the end, speculation is beginning to be more and more of a problem for me, personally that is.

9. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Their to be expected. It seems with most books in the NJO there have been threads asking if such an such a character is likely to die. Particulary when folks start turning to the next hardcover. And TUF is not just the next hardcover, it's the last book of the series. Naturally folks are going to be even more morbid when it comes to thinking about whether or not someone major will die in the very last book of the series.

10. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Ghentz says none of the Big Three are gonna die! And I believe him! He is my hero!

11. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    At this point, I think we should combine all death speculation into one thread.

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

12. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Annoying!

13. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Hmm, being one of the ones who started threads including other characters than the CT... Sorry!

14. --Corran_Horn--

--Corran_Horn-- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    an ammalgamation of all the threads would be nice, keep the board alot less cluttered up... The first few were interesting and funny, but now they just seem to be a declaration "OMG person X is gonna die because I said so" followed by people responding with yes or no. It's especially annoying because most of them are just, "I don't like this person, so I think they'll die"

15. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    I don't know why there's so many threads, considering Han is the only one that's going to die. A minor character here or there might die, but Han is the only main character.

16. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    HAN IS NOT GOING TO DIE!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

17. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    muwahahahahahah.... their alllll gonnaa die!!!!!!

18. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    jhc- eventually, we ALL die... *sighs*

19. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Not Big Bossman, HHH, or Kane. Those 3 are immortal! [face_mischief]

20. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
  21. JediLaw

JediLaw Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2001
    I think that the death speculation threads can be annoying, but I am against banning the threads or combining them into one thread.

I cannot tell you how many times in the last 6 months I have started a thread that could have been thought-provoking and fun, only to have it locked after one or two posts. Then the mod will "redirect" me to a "more suitable JC Forum. Just happens to be a forum which very few people frequent. Very annoying!

We don't need more thought control in the JC.

22. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    JL...i agree. i've seen a number of threads locked that i found intrigueing...but couldnt respond.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.