main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Death Star Disco Lounge(AU, Post NJO, Humour)-Now on Ep. IV: The Posters Strike Back

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Moff_D, Oct 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
  2. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    I'm taking the title of "Captain Obvious" away from Ric Olie and giving it to Whitey.

[voice=Ric_Olie] This thread is slow! [face_shocked]

3. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    It's not nice to make fun of threads that are less fortunate than yourself. [face_plain]

4. CeeWulf

CeeWulf Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Fun is where the posters are.

5. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    :eek: Wow! My grand return to this thread finds...nothing?

Perhaps I shall write something, but not quite yet. :p

6. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I was just wondering if this thread was still around or not.

How are you all doing?

7. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    its still here just a little slow, i'm pretty good got my finals coming up, how's everyone else doing

8. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    I'm good. You?

9. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    Silence.

Moff shut his eyes tightly, stars dancing before them in a foggy darkness. He slowly tried to open them, giving his pupils time to tighten and adjust to the light.

After a time, he was able to keep them open. He looked about himself and saw nothing but white light.

"Hello?" he spoke into the light.

Nothing.

"Anyone?"

Still nothing.

The former junk yard commander tried to remember what had happened last. He recalled that he was in the Death Star Disco Lounge. They were in the midst of an adventure. But, he couldn't remember precisely what adventure it was. There had been so many, but that was long ago. Seemed like years, but he was sure it couldn't have been that long.

He thought of the others. CeeWulf. Rogue Ten. Darth Guy. And Whitey. Ahhh, Whitey.

Moff could feel pressure beneath his feet and attempted to move forward. The light was bright, but he felt cold. He stepped foward slowly, but only the motion of his legs alerted him that he was actually moving.

Perhaps this is limbo, he considered.

But, what does that mean? Had he become lost to space and time? Had his existence become meaningless? Is it possible that I have outlived my usefulness? he thought.

Don't be so melodramatic, came a thought from somewhere else.

Moff turned in surprise and saw a dark shape appear in the distance. It approached and drew larger, and he caught a glint of metal. The shape became more human, the metal where its arm should have been.

Moff smiled. Hey, CeeWulf, he thought.

Dillonius, he replied.

What is this place? Moff asked.

Beats me, he replied. Been sitting around here for a while.

Have we been trapped? Moff said. [/i]Captured by the plaid one? Duped by mini-Yoda? Or, worst of all, has parck returned?[/i]

CeeWulf laughed. Naaah, man, we've just been put out to pasture.

Huh?

People moved on, found other interests, got a life, that sort of thing, he explained.

Moff shook his head. Really?

Yep.

That sucks, Moff said.

Yep.

So what do we do now?

CeeWulf was quiet for a moment, his hands stuffed into his pockets, as he looked around the surrounding light. I guess we fade away, he replied.

How?

Don't know, exactly. I was talking with DK earlier, and in the middle of his diatribe he simple disappeared, CeeWulf said. It was like the white light had swallowed him up, and he as gone.

Moff took this in with a sense of dread. I don't want it to end, he said.

But, he found that he was once more alone. CeeWulf was gone. He was once more surrounded by nothing but light. Bright, white light, that seemed to go on forever.

Moff began to feel himself fade. The light no longer surrounded him, but moved through him. He looked down at himself, but saw only light.

Bright, white light.

Then... nothing.

10. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

+...1...?...?...? :eek:

11. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    White light.

Silence.

Tranquility.

The sort of place, one suspects, that Jacen Solo would like.

First, a smell. A faint whift of elderberries, mingled with a lingering hint of sherbert lemons - suggestive of cheap Californian zinfandel, or perhaps a distant Monty Python skit.

The sound that follows is soft, but subtly abrupt - a plosive pop. In anything less than the perfect silence of that nameless place, it would have gone unheard.

And without any further ceremony, a lone figure appears.

The lone figure wears a uniform as white as the surrounding emptiness. Somehow, the bullion of his epaulettes catches the watery gleam of morning sunlight.

The uniform is that of an Imperial Grand Admiral. The non-regulation tartan sash over one shoulder is perhaps a pardonable ecccentricity.

The creature wearing the uniform, however, is an Ewok.

"Well," notes a calm, cultured voice that sounds as though it comes from somewhere nearby. "We would appear to have arrived."

The Ewok says nothing for now. Instead, he simply surveys the emptiness for a few moments, pulls a pair of sunglasses from his pocket, and puts them on.

The Ewok smiles.

12. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    Not bad... n00b! :p

13. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Marvellous work, Cee and Thrawn. :)

First, a smell. A faint whift of elderberries, mingled with a lingering hint of sherbert lemons - suggestive of cheap Californian zinfandel, or perhaps a distant Monty Python skit. :D I loved that bit.

Ah - the Lounge. [sighs fondly]

14. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    [face_laugh] Thrawn, that was great!!!! [face_laugh]

15. Jedi_Alman

Jedi_Alman Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Jedi_Alman walks in, smiles, and looks around. He quickly remembers that he was killed in this story a long time ago and lays down on the ground and pretends to be dead.

X_X

16. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Alman: Best. Post. Ever. [face_laugh]

The others were good too. ;)

I can't even remember what our last story was. Something to do with mini-Riina and mini-Tahiri? And I was the one who wrote it.

I give this thread a day before it's back to emptiness. :p

17. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    It's okay, Alman. You live on in the urinal Moff dedicated to you.

*Zips pants*

18. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    The Ewok stands back, and surveys the signpost, lifting his sunglasses and rubbing the bridge of his snub nose.

It is a rather superior signpost, he thinks, slightly Victorian, and with highlights picked out in gold paint on its fluted cast-iron pole.

At the top of the pole, various arrow-shaped signs thrust out in a variety of directions, with words picked out against a white-enamel background on their faces. The names of destinations, presumably.

THX-1138.

Godot.

Baghdad, 300 km.

Babylon, 3000 ans.

Thattaway.

Camelot.

The American Dream.

The Earlier Scenes In This Thread.

While the Ewok is thus considering the signpost, a slim, hungry-looking dog wanders up, lifts its leg, and begins to relieve itself against the lamppost.

"Well," the cultured voice remarks, from the thin air beside the Ewok. "At least this place isn't totally empty...."

"Just so long as it's no drawin' ideas out o' Neville Shute's Oan the Beach", the Ewok grumbles. "Ah'm wantin' some sort oa survival an' humanitie, d'ye ken."

"What are the chances of that?" the voice asks. "You know - 'the desolation of the real', and all that?"

"Ah ken," he shrugs. "Aw the same, ah'd hoped fer mair fra' the localis, the regulars, like. Ah mean, this isnae the NJO."

So saying, the Ewok pats the rolled-up Imperial flag underneath his arm, and wanders off in no particular direction to look for a flagpole to hoist it on.

An observer - if there was one - might have felt an odd sense that his companion remained looking at the signpost for a few moments, perhaps slightly quizically, before shrugging, and following the Ewok away.

- The Imperial Ewok

19. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Alrighty then.

Sooooo....anybody have any interest in reviving this here thing?

Anyone? Speak up...

20. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    Ah, the memories.

Don't know what made me stop by here, but I just had to check it out. See I haven't missed much.

I made my attempt to revive it a while back, but I'm all for giving it another go. :)

21. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    i pop by every once and a while to see if there is any life in this thread, nice to see you guys around again, i've been really busy with school and football, but if there is an attempt to revive this thread i might try and help out

22. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Ah, my old friends :D

If there is interest perhaps we should chat...

23. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    Maybe what we need is a new cause to work with. It was Anakin's death that united everyone before, for one reason or another, so maybe we need a new one this time.

24. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    but what will the new cause be, anyone got any ideas???

25. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Oops, sorry for the lack of response. I was away for the weekend and forgot about this.

...hmmm...with all the Epi. III hype, something Clone War-ish perhaps?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.