main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

death star in EP III?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by CCK, Aug 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCK

CCK Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    i wonder if we will see the death star in episode III? would we see it being constructed or could it be functual and used to destroy a planet? would one of the final shots be the emperor and darth witnessing the construction (or birth) of their new ultimate weapon, the death star? also, how will they build it? they'll need a lot of clones or robots or workers to build that thing.

EDIT: Please post in the existing thread here :)

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    heh, I was just posting on a thread similar to this in the CT Forum.

Lucas needs to include the Death Star in Episode III. Why?

Because he brought it up in AOTC, and there needs to be some continuity for the audience.

IMHO, he could have done the whole red diagram thing in Episode III and left it like that, then ANH is 20 years later and we see the completion of the "ulimate weapon".

The question is, besides the commencement of construction on the Death Star, what else could Lucas do with it in Episode III?

It obviously won't be built.

3. CCK

CCK Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    yea-i totally agree with you-why show it at all? Is it important that the geonosian's invented it? i don't expect we'll see them again...

4. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    Maybe some Jedi will witness a portion of it's construction? It could be part of the Separatists' plan, but commandeered by the Empire at a later point.

5. Salacious_B_Crumb

Salacious_B_Crumb Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    I think that it will look like the incomplete deathstar from Ep. VI. Also, didn't it just become operational at the begining of Ep. IV, I think that it is safe to assume that only one and a half death stars ever made by the end of Ep. VI.

6. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    I don't think we'll see the Death Star at all. It's pretty unbelievable to think that it took 20 years to build the first death star, and then only 3-4 to build the second.

I think the only way to respectably bring in the Death Star again if it was a plot point of E3. Perhaps the Jedi try and capture the plans, but cannot. I don't think another cameo appearence would work in E3.

7. Emos-Edud

Emos-Edud Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    It is where Vader will be "born." During his fight with Obi, Ani will be burned by a giant power-coupling that is pulling together pieces of the Death Star.

8. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    For sure it will be there.

Wonder where they will be working on it. It is too big to be working on it on a planet unless its done in pieces. I don't think that will happen. Where in space could they hide it? On the outer rim I suppose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.