main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Death Star Run+Obi Wan

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by sgtelias31, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgtelias31

sgtelias31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2003
    Hey everyone, this is my first post here after lurking for a long time. So this what if came to me while watching ROTS. What would of happened if Obi-Wan would have not sacrficied himself during the Vader fight and took part in the Death Star Attack in an X-Wing? After all those years do you think he would still be an effective pilot and would have aided the rebels at all?

2. Harabec

Harabec Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2001
    Hmm, that's a good question. It was Obi-Wan's guidance during the battle that helped Luke to nail the shot. Unless Old Ben was going to ride along with Luke on his lap, Luke would've been winging it, and probably would not have delivered the death blow.

3. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    My guess is that Kenobi would have stayed on Yavin as opposed to entering the battle. If that was the case, he could have given his advice to Luke via the comm channel. Can't picture him getting in an unfamiliar style of starfighter and join the attack.

4. poe077

poe077 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 28, 2000
    i'm not sure they would have made it off the death star w/o obi-wan's sacrifice.
    but since this is a what if.... i dont think obi-wan would have piloted a ship. he probably would have stayed on yavin where he could communicate w/ luke.

5. Crazy_Old_Kermit

Crazy_Old_Kermit Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    Man, I know I've read this somewhere about one of Lucas' Star Wars scripts where Kenobi escaped the Death Star with the group and made it to Yavin 4. He hooks up wiht Dodonna and the two help lead the assault from there. He's then present at teh award ceremony. Don't know if this was in a script or one of Lucas' old ideas. Can anyone back this up?

6. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    poe077 has a point about probably not getting off the Death Star... but disregarding that, I highly doubt Obi-Wan would pilot a fighter in that battle. He showed in RotS that he's a quality pilot, though not at the level of Anakin, but remember his comment in AotC "This is why I hate flying". That, plus unfamiliarity of new ship, plus age, plus wanting to guide Luke = no fighter for Obi-Wan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.