main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Death Troopers in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Accipiter, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I'm surprised these troops aren't exclusive to Krennic and the Special Weapons Group. Either way, they're in Rebels and seem to be under Thrawn's command. Do you think it's the same squad Krennic commands in Rogue One? Will they do something significant?

[​IMG]

2. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I kinda hope they're a different squad, since I'd like to see them operating beyond the Rogue One timeframe. Either way, I'm very happy that they're back in action. They were super cool in Rogue One, and pretty effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    I'm not suprised at all to see them ,since the Rogue One Visual Guide stated that they serve as bodyguards for high ranking fleet officers.
    Edit:Am I the only one who thought of Thrawn when reading this titbit?

4. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I was kinda hoping we wouldn't see them outside of Rogue One *grumbles*

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    According the RO Visual Guide they're not exclusive to any one person in particular, which means not exclusive or unique to Director Krennic.

ARC_RC-7567 and Darth_Accipiter like this.
  6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder if we'll learn what's inside that armor and what language they speak.

SuperPersch likes this.
  7. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    How come? There was no way Lucasfilm wouldn't capitalize on such a cool, intimating design.

SuperPersch likes this.
  8. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    Krennic wasn't important enough to have his unique trooper squad. But they look pretty cool and better live up to it instead of missing the shot.

SuperPersch likes this.
  9. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    Huge fan of the Death Troopers! I thought they were an amazing addition to the SW universe, and I'm glad to see they aren't a "one and done" type thing.

A little disappointed that they already told us what they are, though. I had so many theories in my head of what was under the armor, none of which were "augmented humans." Ah well, no biggie. I'm loving all these inclusions of lore stemming from R1.

Also, what is the Tarkin Initiative? Should I know what that is already? I'm way behind on the new canon EDIT: never mind, found it on wookieepedia. I've seen R1 three times and just assumed it was just "weapons research" or whatever. Neato! I need to pay more attention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deliveranze likes this.
  10. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015

SuperPersch likes this.
  11. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The Tarkin Initiative is basically scientific research, experimentation and development think tank. Mainly centering on new weapons and technology. The scientists that knucklehead Krennic killed on Eadu were members and wore the insignia .

SuperPersch likes this.
  12. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Cause the design is poor, and looks like a robot from the 60's. They don't ft in the star wars universe.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Helmets look to me like a hybrid of Trooper - Scout Trooper (possibly with a hint of Vader-helmet thrown in) - still pretty Starwarsy.

14. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Kinda cool seeing them in Rebels.

15. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Really excited for the appearing. Going off of the second shot we seem them in it sorta looks like Atollon? Maybe even Geonosis?

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Looks like Thrawn is wearing that same (AT-DP style driver) helmet and chest piece(AT-AT Commander) that Tarkin wore in Season One.

Death Trooper armor looks like a hybrid of the FO Stormtrooper design and the Purge Trooper crossed with the classic Imperial Stormtrooper.

17. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  18. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    I'm 99% sure it's just a voice scrambler. In Rogue One on Eadu you hear someone tell Krennic in English they they need to leave, and the only other people on the platform near Krennic where the Death Troopers.

19. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I hope we get to see them shoot and kill members of the rebellion.

20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Probably not likely being that Jedi are present.

21. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    They look like a cross between a Deathtrooper and a Shadowtrooper.

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I really hope these guys would actually be somewhat more competitive but they are stormtroopers in rebels so I'm not expecting much- elite and deadly or not. Sure they could shoot some rebel red shirts on Atollon. I wonder why none of these guys show up in OT thougho_O I mean sure they are created for RO years after OT but what's the in-universe excuse for not to use these dudes on Endor if "Emperor's best" were there? In RO I thought they were some experimental troops only Krennic got under his command. Sure it may be that these belong to Krennic also, but he lends some to Thrawn (or more likely is ordered to give some- I think Thrawn outranks him). Would also be great to see Krennic but he is probably too busy with the Death Star at the moment.

23. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    I think Vader's 501st make the Death Troopers largely redundant in the OT. I'm hoping they drive the rebels off Atollon when Thrawn arrives, since they were pretty effective on Scarif.

24. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Sometimes they don't stick with the films and sometimes they do. Seems more like whatever works for their particular story. Realistically, Scariff style troopers shoud've been on Endor, but camouflaged or even camoed Scout troopers, or same thing on Jedha where Scariff Troopers looked better suited than inside a bunker on a beach that was still primarily manned by regular white armored Stormtroopers. Shocktroopers are nowhere to be found on the DS II nor Endor. The troops on Endor certainly were not "best" if they are then the Empire is just a giant strawman which it largely is in SW . Death Troopers did not see that much better than Stormtroopers and nor did the Scariff/Shore Troopers, they just had cooler looking blasters and armor, they died like the rest and often missed shots against the titular group of heroes of the Rogue One party it even took them all a long while to destroy the shuttle and start killing any of the main group.

25. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Easy answer. The Death Trooers are a small, prototype trooper class. They don't appear at Endor because there aren't enough left at that point. Perhaps not any at all.