Art Archive Death-Vader's Saga DVD Art (2/8/06 Update)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Death-Vader, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. -Courtney- Jedi Knight

star 5
    [Vader]Impressive...Most Impressive[/Vader]
    They look really proffesionnal too.
    I hope they release the box set looking some what like yours, it looks great!
  2. Death-Vader Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Here's a new cover I made for a request from starjedi9045. I guess this is for his fan fiction or some kind of EU stories. If you have any questions about who these characters are, ask him because I have no idea. Doing a request results in a different product because I only had a little bit of freedom to decide what to do. I could not choose the source pictures to use or the color scheme. I was also instructed to not include a lightsaber. Therefor I was constrained and I would have made a few different choices had I free reign. With this being said, I am still happy with this cover.

[image=http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d152/WascoDelBarno/starjedi.jpg]

One thing I would like to point out is Sidious. Because I was instructed to not have a lightsaber in the cover, I had to remove the lightsaber that Sidious was holding in front of his face in the original source picture. It was something I had not done before but I think it looks pretty successful.

I'd be interested in hearing your feedback.
  3. Death-Vader Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I'm currently working on "A Musical Journey" cover. Kinda hard to develop an idea that captures what I want for that cover.
  4. jedi-master-faran Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I have the entire star wars saga on a vcd. i need a cover for the dvd that I can print. So Can you make me a dvd cover with pics from every epidose?
  5. Immortal-Soul Jedi Youngling

Your DVD-Covers look great.
    I Can't wait to see more of them
  6. FettFan79 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I like the highlighting red glow behind the characters! The TIE fighters position layered in front of the planet looks good too, and no--I can't even tell something was in front of the Emporer--good job with the removal of the lightsaber![face_peace]
  7. Death-Vader Jedi Youngling

star 3
    It would be pretty difficult to try to capture the essence of all six films onto a small DVD cover. That would be challenging, to say the least. I'm not sure it can be done, but try asking in the request thread. If anyone wants to do it, they'll help you out.
  8. jedi-master-faran Jedi Youngling

star 2
    [image=http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/3926/vcd4mb.jpg]
    [image=http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/1908/starwarscover3wm.jpg]
    There's an attempt at my own request
  9. Immortal-Soul Jedi Youngling

10. LDS_JEDI Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Are you willing to share the file template? I also make my own DVD covers, but often the size is off.. I would like to find/make a template for the standard DVD case as well as the skinny ones.. anythoughts?

As per the artwork.. excellent!! I'm not a fan of the lens flare but its forgivable. :D and that Luke fix.. its okay, but I think something of him in the Bespin outfit would be cool.. or if you wish to push the Hoth theme, then perhaps Luke and Tauntaun?

Anywho, I hope you can share as I am hoping to unify my covers as well with my own designs.

All I did for my Clone Wars was pop them into a see-thru double case and used the half sleeves as backgrounds on the inside... works for now.
  11. jcoolZombie Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'm a newbie here, just signed up today. I saw this page while seaching for "Return of the Jedi DVD" using Google.Com's Image search. They're all cool covers. Luckily, I was able to use the Clone Wars front that you made with the rest of the cover from the Official Site's "A Look Inside: Clone Wars DVD".
    EDIT:
    Suggestion:
    "The entire Star Wars Saga is now on VCD. Watch and see how one of the greatest heroes becomes one of the greatest villains of all time. The Star Wars Saga tells the story of Anakin Skywalker. This six part saga will keep you on the edge of your seat until the end! (Even if it is fifteen hours long, back to back.)"
    If it's in italics, there's how to spell the word correctly.
    If it's bold, insert the words/punctuation marks into the summary.
  12. owen_2006_294 Jedi Youngling

awesome job on the dvd covers. i love the Clone Wars dvd cover.
  13. jcoolZombie Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Thanks. Currently, I'm working on making OT DVD Covers by hand, not by computer. After I get a scanner, I'll show 'em off.
  14. owen_2006_294 Jedi Youngling

i'm currently working on a Clone Wars dvd cover. and i'm looking for a background picture for the insert of the Chapters. but i can't find any good pictures for the background of the insert. can u help me?
  15. kennyboy Jedi Master

star 2
    Wow! These DVD covers are so cool :cool:

Very well done =D=
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.