main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Deathmatch: The Bendak Starkiller Interview (Quotations Roulette - Non-SW Movie Version Challenge)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WyoJedi, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    Title: Deathmatch: The Bendak Starkiller Interview
    Author: WyoJedi
    Timeframe: Kotor (Taris)
    Characters: Bendak Starkiller, various OCs
    Summary: Bendak Starkiller gives an interview prior to his duel with the Mysterious Stranger.
    Notes: In response to the Quotations Roulette - Non-SW Movie Version Challenge. Quote #21 "You are talking to a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe." THE WIZARD OF OZ (1939)

Cheers,
    Wyo

Deathmatch: The Bendak Starkiller Interview

FURST PL?ASE: I?m Furst Pl?ase, and this is the Taris Sports Network. As I?m sure you all know, the big Undercity Swoop Race between the Black Vulkar and Hidden Bek gangs will take place in two days. This is sure to be a great event, and will of course be shown live here on TSN. We will keep you up to date on all the race developments as they become public. Some preliminary heats were run earlier today, and we will have those results for you in a moment. But first, we are pleased to bring you a special edition of Duel Arena Live. On location is our man in the know, Husa Gonawin.

HUSA GONAWIN: Good evening, Ladies and gentlemen of all species. I am your host, Husa Gonawin, and this is Duel Arena Live on TSN, the Taris Sports Network. Tonight we have a special treat for you all. If you haven?t heard, the infamous Deathmatch is going to be played out in a one time, special appearance on our show. And taking part in that match will be none other that the pre-eminent master of the deathmatch, Bendak Starkiller, who has come out of retirement to challenge the new Champion of the Arena, the Mysterious Stranger. Welcome Mr. Starkiller!?

BENDAK STARKILLER: Thank you Husa. And please? call me Bendak.

HUSA: Of course, Bendak. Hahaha. Now tell me? this matchup, the Deathmatch, came as quite a shock to all of us here in the announcer?s booth. How did this all come about?

BENDAK: Well, as you have been watching lately this, ah, Mysterious Stranger, he just shows up out of nowhere and tears through the best duelists on Taris in a matter of days. And I?ll admit, he?s good. Cunning, ruthless? just what it takes to be a champion in this business.

HUSA: So you admire him?

BENDAK: Oh, absolutely. He is very talented. But he?s a cocky, offworlder upstart!

HUSA: How so?

BENDAK: Well, after he had beaten Ice, who is as deadly as she is beautiful, he came up to me in the bar. Of course I was minding my own business, you know, knocking a few back and just relaxing. So anyway, I thought he just wanted an autograph, and maybe I insulted him or something, I don?t know. Well, once he finds out who I am he challenges me to a duel, on the spot.

HUSA: Really?

BENDAK: I tried to talk him out of it but he wouldn?t have it. So I told him if he became champ, I?d give him the death match. So here we are.

HUSA: Amazing! I didn?t realize the Stranger was so brash. Now? do you fear him at all?

BENDAK: The Stranger? Not in the least. Look? You are talking to a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe. I?ve dealt with dozens of punks worse than him before. And after this is over, I?m sure I?ll deal with dozens more.

HUSA: The question has been brought up about the legal ramifications of this duel. I mean? we all know that death matches have been outlawed for the better part of three years here on Taris. In fact, you were the last person to compete in one here. How do you answer all the activists who say death matches are just a breeding ground for more sinister criminal activity?

BENDAK: Anything can be a breeding ground for criminals. Even with the death matches outlawed, Davik Kang?s organization runs rampant over this planet. Those ?activists? are just a bunch of bleeding

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    What an intriguing idea, the whole deathmatch scenario. Excellent use of the quote as well! =D=

3. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Furst Pl?ase

Husa Gonawin

Wynner Taycall

Nice names! [face_laugh]

Those ?activists? are just a bunch of bleeding hearts who don?t realize the evolutionary impact of the death match. Without it, second-rate duelists like Dead-Eye Duncan continue to thrive despite their obvious ineptness.

[face_laugh] What a great way to look at death matches. Great response!

4. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    great challenge response wyo! i saw you picked a number and i was curious about what you'd end up writing..
    i like how you did this in an interview.

Aside from that, in the ring, his biggest problem is being too stationary. He likes to stay in one place, moving slightly to avoid a random blaster shot.

i especially liked that part! kinda poking fun of the video game aspect of how kotor combat works! good ol' dexterity rolls!:p

5. Jedi_Rike

Jedi_Rike Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 22, 2006
    I loved that post. That was such a great way of looking at Bendak's character. Also, that was fun because I literally *just* killed him on another run through on Taris.

Really enjoyed that post. Now if I could only get my own quote posted to me...

6. Obi-gone

Obi-gone Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2005
    hehehehe...nice job with that one, Wyo. Just the idea of an interview with Bendak right before his death match...brilliant and well done.

Obi-gone

7. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    Ha! This is great! I'd always thought Bendak was a little shortchanged in the game. Now he gets to have his own say. Well done!

8. Quotations_Roulette

Quotations_Roulette Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2006
    Bravo! A unique story idea that fits the quote perfectly. Great job. =D=

9. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    Healer_Leona: Thank you very much. When I first read the quote, the first thing that jumped into my head was writing the duel on Taris. The whole interview idea hit me as I was wracking my brain to make the fic come out well... It was like a lightning strike. Thanks for your nice comments.

JadeSolo: I figured I might as well have a little fun with the names :p
    I tried to get into Bendak's mindset as I wrote, and this is what came about. It seems to fit for me. Glad you liked it.

obi_webb: Hey, thanks for reading! Yeah I thought a lot about how the match went when I played it and it seems that so much of the combat is standing back and shooting. Thought it would be fun to put that into the fic.

Jedi_Rike: Well that's so cool. I'm glad I added to your enjoyment of the game. Such amazing coincidence that you just went through that part.
    Also, can't wait to see what others do with their quotes. I look forward to reading yours.

Obi-gone: Brilliant? Why thank you. Glad to see youo enjoyed it. I think that Bendak was so glossed over in the game. There was so much more that could have been added with him. I'm glad I got the chance to delve into his character more.

SabyneAmberle: Thanks. Yeah I too thought that he got 'shortchanged'. There is so much potential there in that character. Hmm... maybe I will dig deeper into his past for another fic **chases after plot bunnies** :D Thanks again.

Quotations_Roulette: Thanks. It was a great quote that I was able to work with. This sure was a lot of fun to write. I look forward to more such challenges. Thanks again.

Cheers,
    Wyo

10. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    [face_laugh] Husa Gonawin! [face_laugh]

Not a big game player, so I have no idea who this is, or what everyone else is refrencing to; but it still had a big
    FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS sorta feel.

Very cool concept with the qoute as a bite line in an interview.
    =D=

11. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    HUSA: Isn?t there a chance that you are out of practice for this sort of activity?

BENDAK: I am not out of practice!

HUSA: Do you mean??

BENDAK: Just move on to the next question, or you?ll find out how good I really am.

[face_laugh]

This was so funny and an excellent response to the challenge! The names, the clever dialogue, your use of the quote...I loved it all! =D=

12. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    correllian_ale: I'm glad so many folks liked the names I threw in there... I was kind of concerned that people would really groan over them.
    Not a big game player, and yet you still liked it? So cool, thanks. I can understand how some of the stuff might get lost in the translation so to speak. I'm glad the FNF feel came through though... that's what I was going for. Thanks again.

amidalachick: Glad you liked everything. I sure had a lot of fun writing it, and it's good to hear that people are having fun reading it :) Thanks for the wonderful comments.

Cheers,
    Wyo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.