DeathStar 3 Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Crunchy, Jul 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. Lots Jedi Master

star 4
    actually its in the ships manual for starwars heh not my idea really :p doesnt matter anyway i guess..

the eclipse looks like a super large isd.. except it takes on the characteristic of the front of a old sea naval vessel (like our modernday battle ships)
  2. _Vengeance_ Jedi Master

star 4
    The Perfect DS:

An actual STAR! Make a DS then figure out some way to get a bunch o' gas and stuff around it then light it up! Put some quantum armor on the outside o' the DS to get it from meltin. eh? The laser could shoot through the fire/napalm/stuff but ships couldnt really get in. Or, like in the Jedi Search book spoken of above, put it in a ***** **** cluster, if u dont remember, there was a DS prototype there.
  3. Lots Jedi Master

star 4
    i also already posted the system the prototype ds was built in :p

:)

sorry im bored and trapped in a computer lab with absolutly nothing better to do (cant go home as my ride has lots of stuff to do b4 we can leave.. *sigh*)
  4. Crunchy Jedi Master

star 4
    I appreciate your ideas, I do like the idea of the moon disguise, but then I would have to call the actor back and do a Dr. Evil explaination so that the audience will get it. :)
  5. KaaShamau Jedi Master

star 4
    Does it need to be a space station, or just the weapon? Could it be, as somebody suggested, the barebones structual sphere surrounding a visible reactor and weapon system? Like spherical scaffolding around a cannon.
  6. Crunchy Jedi Master

star 4
    I have the actress as saying "Death Star" so it has to be something that is the same make-up as the prvious stations
  7. Crunchy Jedi Master

star 4
  8. Darth_Tater Jedi Master

star 1
    What about something like this...
    [image=http://home.earthlink.net/~thekincaids/ds3d.jpg]

It's based on the Death Star prototype. only the most essential components with super strong shields to protect it. Maybe the technology advanced to a point where the shields are all they need to protect them. =/

This is only a 20 min. total project, so please don't be too harsh in your judgement. It's only to give you an idea what I'm talking about. =P
  9. Darth_Tater Jedi Master

star 1
    I just read that PadawanNick described almost this exact same thing previously in this thread. So credit goes to him.

Even though you can't see them, the texture maps are from Don Showalter.
  10. SZier Jedi Knight

star 2

I'm sorry, I know this isn't the point of the post, but I'm a little curious about how the Empire manages to build a third Death Star 40 years later? The Empire is at such a mangled state after ROTJ that to pull together that kind of resources would be...well.. a stretch in my opinion.

From what I understand you said you only needed it in one shot? (I could be wrong)That means it is not plot related, and is more of just a setting? I would recomend something more like a station, or planet side government building. Besides, even ignoring the EU, we have already seen Death Stars in three of the movies. (SW, ROTJ, and a flash in ATOC).

Just a suggestion.

The sun crusher, for all it's power, isn't quite the same undertaking that the DS was. The sun crusher wasn't all that large of a vessel, it's power came in the science it had. It didn't create massive explosions with raw power like the DS, it created them through scientific chain reactions, requiring stars to do so.

Quick Note about EU: I agree there is a lot of good out in the EU. Read the Zahn books, all 5 of them. Simply outstanding. (And I love the way his second two ignore *everything* that happened between his trilogy and them by other authors). Seriously, if you like Starwars, and have not read the Zahn books, then you are missing out on wonderful characters and plot that developed the current timeline in the galaxy. Not to mention he finally wraps up the threat from the Empire.
  11. Crunchy Jedi Master

star 4
    If you go back and read the posts from the start you will see that I am not concerned really with any of the EU. This is a new empire with a new emperor, I care not for the sun crusher. Wasn't my idea, I like to stick with George and with what works, also my actress already refers to it in the film....this was my idea, I wanted to bring them back and make them better, if down the road I want to continue my story in the SW universe.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.