main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Debriefing (post ROTJ, oneshot) Leia and Han help a traumatized Luke

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by dancing_star, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Title: Debriefing
    Time Frame: right after ROTJ
    Characters: Han, Leia, Luke
    Summary: Luke faces debriefing after the Battle of Endor
    Rating: G
    Disclaimer: I'm just stopping by for a visit to a galaxy far, far away and borrowing some of George Lucas's characters. :cool:
    A/N: This story was inspired by a great fic on ff.net called ?The Debriefing? by Liz
    Skywalker. Thanks for the inspiration! @};- Sorry my title is so similar, though. [face_blush] I really wanted to call it that. :D

Comments are greatly appreciated. [face_love] Hope you enjoy!

Han Solo and Leia Organa sat on a bench in the hallway across from a closed door.

Han fidgeted and looked at his chrono. ?Kid?s been in there half an hour now,? he said quietly.

Leia only nodded. It had seemed much longer than that to her. She?d watched Han check his chrono probably a hundred times since they?d been sitting there, frequently reminding her of the time, fidgeting, and shifting his position. It was somewhat annoying, but she knew he was only worried too. ?I wish I could hear what they?re saying.?

?Me too.? Han sighed. Then the Corellian seemed to get an idea. He abruptly stood and tiptoed over to the door, proceeded to lean his head up against it.

?Han!? Leia hissed between clenched teeth, though she was about ready to do the same.

Han withdrew from the door, though somewhat reluctantly. ?I wanna know what?s goin? on.? He didn?t bother to whisper as he returned to the bench.

?I know,? Leia did bother to whisper. ?But that doesn?t make eavesdropping right. Besides, if we were caught-?

Han waved her off. ?Sweetheart, I don?t really care. Get up.?

Leia threw him an inquisitive glance.

?Get up,? Han whispered, a bit impatiently. Hesitantly, Leia complied, then watched Han cautiously look both ways and quickly rotate the bench around. She hurried to help the Corellian and they hastily slid the bench to the other side of the hallway and plopped down, stifling a laugh.

?I don?t know what the Alliance would be angrier about -eavesdropping or rearranging their furniture,? Leia murmured. ?You really are a nerf-herder.?

?I?m a smart nerf-herder,? Han said quietly, satisfied. Both of them grinned and stifled another nervous laugh for a moment before returning to their quiet state.

Five more minutes went by.

Leia tried not to even breathe now as she listened. ?I can hear them, but not what they?re saying,? she whispered. ?I can?t hear Luke at all though.?

?He?s a quiet little thing,? Han replied. ?I?m not surprised.?

Both of them sat in silence a while longer, listening to the increasingly raised voices of the interrogators. A few minutes later, they were almost shouting. Leia gripped Han?s hand in concern and Han held on to reassure her.

?What are they saying to him?? Leia couldn?t keep the worry from her voice now, or the tears from burning her eyes. ?Luke?s so sensitive. If they hurt him-? she broke off as an angry voice increased in intensity.

Han was just as concerned, found himself gripping the edge of the bench, white-knuckled. ?I don?t know. I?m about to find out.? He stood up angrily and reached for the door.

?You [i]can?t[/i]!? Leia quickly pulled him back. ?Han-? she pleaded, though she wanted to break down the door and rescue her brother just as badly.

Han was furious. ?What? I?m not just gonna stand here while they scream at the kid like that!? he hissed. ?Is this the way the Alliance treats their heroes??

Leia just looked at him sadly and Han fought furiously to get his anger under control. A few moments later he sat down beside her once more, gently took her hand. If they couldn?t just go in and save Luke from it all, they could be strong for him. The kid would definitely need their support once all this was over.

A minute or two later, the angry voices subsided. Han and Leia?s eyes were suddenly fixed to the door, hearts beating twice as fast,

2. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Awwww...Star, that was beautiful!!! That's all i've got to say!

Well...not really. I have a LOT more to say!! I always wondered what happened after ROTJ...i mean, Luke HAD to have gotten some kind of flack for what he did...but you took it to a whole new level! That was absolutely wonderful! Han and Leia were awesome...I loved their impatience! And poor Luke...that's how I'd be after something like that too.

"An interrogation. With Chewie." [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

What a perfect way to end that! Love it!

3. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Aww, thank you SO MUCH! [:D] Your review brought a big ol' smile to my face and absolutely made my day! :) Thank you!!! @};-

4. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
  5. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Pretty please read and review my story![face_praying]
    You can leave criticism, [face_beatup] but I have to warn you, I get my feelings hurt VERY easily.:_|[face_blush]:p
    *sigh*
    Would a pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top help any? :D [face_batting]

6. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I loved this. And I would love to see the faces on those who interrogated Luke when Chewbacca comes to their offices for a visit. [face_whistling]:D

7. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Jedi_Liz: I loved this. And I would love to see the faces on those who interrogated Luke when Chewbacca comes to their offices for a visit.

Hehe, me too. [face_mischief] Nobody hurts my Lukie-boo! :mad:
    Thanks so much for reading and reviewing, Jedi_Liz! You made my day! [:D]

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Wonderful Luke, Leia and Han moment!

Poor Luke. :( Debriefing after what he's gone through is not fun.

?The names of those people.?

Luke paused, looking thoughtful. ?I don?t really remember.?

?Oh. Well, that?s too bad.?

?Why??

?Now we?ll have to search the whole rebel base. They have an interrogation appointment they don?t know about.?

?They do?? Luke was very confused now.

?With Chewie.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I'd love to see the expressions on their faces when Chewie finally catches up with them! [face_devil]

9. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    That was wonderful... really wonderful. It accurately shows the bonds that made people fall in love with the characters of the original trilogy. Great job. I wouldn't complain if it was made into a two shot... really...

Phoenix out

10. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Idrelle_Miocovani: Wonderful Luke, Leia and Han moment! Aww, thanks! :D
    Poor Luke. Debriefing after what he's gone through is not fun. Definitely not. Poor thing. :(
    I'd love to see the expressions on their faces when Chewie finally catches up with them! Me too! They'd definitely learn their lesson. [face_mischief]
    Thanks again for reading and reviewing! [:D]

Jedi-Roxy: That was wonderful... really wonderful. It accurately shows the bonds that made people fall in love with the characters of the original trilogy. Great job. I wouldn't complain if it was made into a two shot... really...
    :eek: Oh wow. What a compliment![face_blush] Thank you so very much! [:D] I actually was considering posting some more. I just might do that. :D

And thanks again to Irish_Jedi_Jade and Jedi_Liz for their reviews! Their sweet comments made my day. [:D] @};-

11. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    I agree with most here, but I'll go further. You have just proven why the Classic Trilogy works better than the Prequels, in a nutshell. Not to say the Prequels were bad, the story has to start somewhere. But in the Classic Trilogy, there is so much more immediate chemistry between characters. And you captured that with the emotions of Luke after the interrogation and Han and Leia's reaction to him.
    And I'm sure Chewie and Han will teach them some interrogation techniques - and use them for the demonstrations !! [face_mischief]

Excellent! =D=

12. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Madman007: I agree with most here, but I'll go further. You have just proven why the Classic Trilogy works better than the Prequels, in a nutshell. Not to say the Prequels were bad, the story has to start somewhere. But in the Classic Trilogy, there is so much more immediate chemistry between characters. And you captured that with the emotions of Luke after the interrogation and Han and Leia's reaction to him.
    And I'm sure Chewie and Han will teach them some interrogation techniques - and use them for the demonstrations !!
    Excellent!

Awww, what a compliment!!! I'm flattered. [face_blush] Thank you so much! [:D] And I agree about the chemistry between the characters in the Classic Trilogy. That's why episodes IV, V, and VI are my favorite! :)

13. Abeja

Abeja Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Aww...that was great. Poor Luke. I've always wondered, when and how that secret came out...and I don't like them at all.
    Han and Leia were wonderful and supportive too, though.

?Now we?ll have to search the whole rebel base. They have an interrogation appointment they don?t know about.?
    ?With Chewie.?

Now that last one made me laugh[face_laugh]

14. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Abeja: Aww...that was great. Poor Luke. I've always wondered, when and how that secret came out...and I don't like them at all.
    Han and Leia were wonderful and supportive too, though.
    ?With Chewie.?
    Now that last one made me laugh

Thanks, Abeja!! [:D] I'm so glad you enjoyed! Your review made my day!:) [face_dancing]

15. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Wow, what a perfect ending!

I'm sitting here home sick with a dry socket on a wisdom tooth that got taken out three days ago and a headache and that cheered me right up. :) Thanks.

16. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Vongchild: Wow, what a perfect ending! I'm sitting here home sick with a dry socket on a wisdom tooth that got taken out three days ago and a headache and that cheered me right up. happy Thanks.
    Aww, I'm so glad it cheered you up! :)[face_dancing]
    Sorry you're feeling so bad. :( I had my wisdom teeth out and it wasn't fun to say the least- I can't imagine having a dry socket too! Ouch! :oops: I don't know if you like "Sherbet" that's what I lived on for a week when I got my teeth out. :D
    Thanks so much for the review! Get feeling better! [:D]

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Very very very nice!!!! Leia's sisterly sympathy was very sweet to see. Han was great all the way. :) :) Loved the ending!!!! :D

Sorry I missed this earlier... Hugs!!

P.S. Your Han is so wonderful.... I bet if you wrote one about him and Leia getting married, oh, my, I'd have to SQUEEEE! [face_love] :) I believe you'd give them a fantabular courtship!!! :D :*

18. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    This is excellent. The opening with Han and Leia switching the bench around is a priceless bit of prose in itself. As one goes further along in the story, the full impact of Luke's tortured up mountain and down the rabbit hole comes along. And you did a fantastic job of addressing a certain issue that always niggled at my sense of outrage too. Just why in the hell did Luke have to suffer for everything?

Anyway, thanks for posting this lovely fic. :D

19. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Hey Star!!

Just thougt I'd tell you again, I really love your fic!! Its so sweet...and so real!!

Can I go along with Chewie and Han? I could stab someone with my knitting needles...[face_whistling]

Speaking of which...hmm...i sense a sequel brewing!! I think you totally need to do that...give us your incredible view of Han's interrogation techniques. My vindicative side is wanting the stupid Alliance buerocrats to get what they have coming....

Huggles!
    [face_good_luck] Irish

20. JadedSkycrawler

JadedSkycrawler Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 10, 2002
    [face_love] I'm loving Han as this protective-older-brother-type guy.
    Somehow the idea of both Han and Leia feeling protective of a crying and distressed Luke turned out to be surprisingly endearing. [face_love] Nicely done!

21. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Jade_eyes: Very very very nice!!!! Leia's sisterly sympathy was very sweet to see. Han was great all the way. Loved the ending!!!! Aww thanks so much!!! :D
    Sorry I missed this earlier... Hugs!! No problem! :) I'm just glad you liked! [face_dancing]
    P.S. Your Han is so wonderful.... I bet if you wrote one about him and Leia getting married, oh, my, I'd have to SQUEEEE! I believe you'd give them a fantabular courtship!!! Awww, thank you!!! [:D]@};- What a compliment! [face_blush]

leiamoody: This is excellent. The opening with Han and Leia switching the bench around is a priceless bit of prose in itself. As one goes further along in the story, the full impact of Luke's tortured up mountain and down the rabbit hole comes along. And you did a fantastic job of addressing a certain issue that always niggled at my sense of outrage too. Just why in hell did Luke have to suffer for everything?
    Anyway, thanks for posting this lovely fic.
    Aww, thank YOU for reading!!! [:D] I'm flattered and so happy you enjoyed it! [face_dancing]

Irish_Jedi_Jade: Hey Star!!Just thougt I'd tell you again, I really love your fic!! Its so sweet...and so real!! Oh wow! [face_blush] Thank you so so much! Your wonderful comments and encouraging support absolutely make my day! [:D] Can I go along with Chewie and Han? I could stab someone with my knitting needles... [face_laugh][face_laugh]
    Speaking of which...hmm...i sense a sequel brewing!! I think you totally need to do that...give us your incredible view of Han's interrogation techniques. My vindicative side is wanting the stupid Alliance buerocrats to get what they have coming....Huggles!Irish
    [face_thinking] I'd love to do a sequel! I'm really having a time though with DWB. [face_tired] But maybe, hopefully, it will go away soon.
    Thanks again for your lovely comments, girl!!! They inspire me so much! [:D] @};-

JadedSkycrawler: I'm loving Han as this protective-older-brother-type guy.
    Somehow the idea of both Han and Leia feeling protective of a crying and distressed Luke turned out to be surprisingly endearing. Nicely done!

Aww, thank you!!! [:D] I'm flattered. [face_blush] I too, love OlderBrother!Han. [face_love] It's so sweet how protective of Luke he can be.

Thanks again, everyone!!! [:D]

22. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I LOVED that! [face_love] [face_love]
    Poor Luke! I could totally see all of this happening!
    I loved how protective Han was and how he really wanted to kill the people who upset Luke!

But that ending line was PERFECT! Chewie would really pound them!!

Wonderful job, dancing_star!! =D=

23. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Awww, thank you so much!!! [:D] Your sweet comments brightened my day! [face_dancing]@};-

24. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Very good. The story was well written. I suppose I've always seen Luke as the quiet but strong type, but this was a good interpretation as well. Cool story!

25. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    An interrogation with Chewie...[face_laugh][face_laugh] Good one!
    Amazing emotion there. I think anyone would be crying if they were in Luke's position...Great job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.