San A, TX Dec. 16th - Elf Louise Toy Deliver and more!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Sith_Mistress, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Mistress Jedi Knight

star 3
    Saturday, December 16th is a busy day for SA Fan Force. We will start the day off at Noon at Elf Louise at 281 and St. Mary's for Toy Delivery. A group of us did this last year, and it was a really great experience. We would love to have a larger group with us this time, the more the merrier. It is so great to see the kids faces when they get their Christmas gifts, so don't miss out on this.

Later in the day, the Alamo Quarry Theater has invited us to participate in a toy collection drive for the Children's Shelter. They are doing something similar to the Superhero day they did back in July, and they asked if we could drop by in the afternoon between 3 & 4pm, in costume even if it's for just 30 minutes. I know it's a busy day and even if we don't get a chance to go by in costume, we can at least stop by and donate some kids books or toys.

And last but not least, Alex will be hosting a Holiday Gathering at his house from 6pm-10pm. Please RSVP on the Holiday Gathering thread if you plan on attending.

See you on Saturday!
    Lisa
  2. Sith_Mistress Jedi Knight

star 3
    It has been entirely too quiet around here.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank those of you who were able to make it to the Elf Louise wrapping and toy delivery events. We had a great time at both of them. We even got to meet the Real Elf Louise! And of course, it was so great to see the faces of the kids when they got their gifts. If you have never participated in something like this, I highly recommend that you give it a try. You won't regret it. Except maybe poor Alex who melted in the Santa suit.

Thanks again to Alex, Cherry, Marselles, Ernest, the members of the USS Bexar: Terrie, Amy and Ruth Ann, and most of all to Robert who has been volunteering with this organization for years.

Lisa
  3. Darth-Hulk Jedi Master

star 4
    It has been too quiet around here. The toy delivery was a blast! Meeting the actual Elf Louise was cool too. Thanks to everyone who helped out. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.