main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI Dec. 2nd Grand Rapids Toy Show... w/ JEREMY BULLOCH

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TX0338, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    Taco bar sounds goooooooooood. Oh yeah, that GRFF update to the list would be nice too.:D

2. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    Yay, a taco bar! I'll try not to eat more than my share, but it'll be dificult. I do love me some tacos.

3. mattkenagelus

mattkenagelus Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2006
    Is anything going on with the hockey game or is that pretty much a bust right now? I have NOT told my 6 year old about anything yet....

4. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    Hockey game will be in March. I believe on the 31st.

5. Count_Scoobith

Count_Scoobith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Yup that's what I've heard as well, which that will make it very late in the hockey season. Pretty close to the playoffs which means allot more people will be there, because I'm sure the griffins are going to the playoffs again this year. ;) Go Griffins ! ! !

6. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    from Jeremy's Blog:

Appearances before Christmas

Hello everyone!

Thanks Daniel Logan for your kind welcome. For the rest of you out there, I am of course the real Boba Fett, and I've got the scars on my shoulder to prove it. Now that Daniel and I are blogging together, the dark side will be taking over this site. Remember: stay loyal to the Fetts or you will be destroyed.

Daniel and I are appearing together this weekend at Memorabilia, at the NEC in Birmingham. Then I'm off to Grand Rapids, Michigan, followed by Las Vegas, and then Cardiff in Wales. See my website for more details.

Keep the comments coming and take care

Jeremy

I have posted more details on his blog about his GR visit, inviting fans to come and participate both to meet Jeremy plus contribute to a great cause(s).

7. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    Hey Donavon, what time was Event #2 starting / ending?

8. TX0338

TX0338 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2005
    UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

List has been updated. If you are not on the list yet let me know and I wil change it. Also there will be a lunch with Mr. Bulloch on Sunday at noon. Anyone who wishes to join us is more than welcome to. We will be eating at Mongolian BBQ on 28th street.

Later,
    Donavon

Event #2 will be starting at 6pm ish... and run until 9pm ish... We will be heading over to studio 28 right after the toys show at 3pm. There will be a taco bar at 3:45pm till 5:45. The Taco Bar is $8 -$ 9 per person.

9. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    Very Cool, thanks for the update Donavon!! :D

10. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    Okay so, my sister and I still plan on attending the toyshow part, but will be there by 1pm-ish (leaving from Holland at noon).

We do plan on going to the Studio 28 event too (I'm bringing my 500th figure and my $10) and if you'll need any help for that event, so far, we can do that too.

11. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    Just wondering if anyone has contacted the media? With Jeremy being in town all day at two different locations would be great to have a huge turnout but if only 501st, RL and FF know we couldn't pull in as many donations for charity and that's what it's all about.

so stoked he's going to be here......betcha there are many others who would be too...if they knew.

12. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    From what I understand the answer is yes lovelucas but Donavon could tell you more.

13. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    All media outlets have been informed. On Friday when Jeremy gets into town there will be a press meet and greet at Pals Diner. It is going to be a VERY busy day!!!

Donavon

14. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    anyone know if it will be televised??

Brent???

15. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    97.9 grd mentioned it real quick this morning. I emailed them with more info of what it's about.

16. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    was mentioned in the GR Press tonight - short paragraph - but only in the context of Studio 28 - no mention of earlier gig at the toy show.

I just hope he got in here safely.

17. pretender

Mar 8, 2001
    That was so much fun! I never heard of the toy show before but it was great. I got like 20 comics for a dollar each, including some Indian Jones ones. I laso got Comander Scorch action figure for $12. I'd given up hope of ever finding him in a store or on eBay for a decent price. My sister also picked up some presents for our brother. I'm going to have to go back there for the March show.

The 501st should be really proud of themselves, it all looked amazing- the costumes were so cool. My sister and I ended up spending all the time at the show looking around so we also went to the signing at Studio 28th. Everything was very well run. We both bought photos and snapped acouple of people just walkng around. Of course I got Jeremy Bulloch's autograph too.

I have some pic at flickr here

We're both thinking its time we started saving up money for costumes- they all just looks so cool and like everybody was having so much fun. :cool:

18. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    It was indeed fun and Jeremy and Maureen could not have been nicer, warmer, gracious.... so patient with so many waiting in line and wanting photos along with autographs. Jeremy is one of the best Star Wars ambassadors and what's really fantastic is he still loves it too.

Huge thanks to Donavon, his family, the 501st (Phil, Lee and their families and many others - especially our friends from Detroit FF) for devoting so much of their time to make this all happen.

I so enjoyed meeting Jeremy and Maureen and none of this could have happened without all of your planning, preparation, time and never giving up. We all benefited - Maureen said you never can tell what each experience will be like -but this had proved to be one of the good ones....that they had really enjoyed their time with us in Grand Rapids - and her final goodbye words to me today were: "See you at CIV"~ (they are still hoping for an invite but really, I don't think they could ever be off a Star Wars list ----ever ever)

19. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    Thank you EVERYONE!!!!! It was nice seeing those of you who don't get out to events that much.

What a great weekend! It would not have been as good as it was without all of you (in costume and out) and your help. It started off to be a crappy weekend with all the terrible weather Friday but it turned out great. Jeremy and his wife had a blast. We took close to 150 pictures Saturday during both events. It was SO fun meeting fans of all ages. Thank you to everyone who made it to lunch today too. After lunch we drove Mr. Bulloch and his wife around GR and showed them some of the sights. Afterwards we took them back to their hotel to give them a break for the rest of the night. They have an early flight tomorrow.

In the end we raised over $1000.00 for the "Make A Wish" Foundation and a full box of toys for the "Toys for Tots" organization. If we look at the toys as $ then we ended up raising more than the $1100.00 that was raised at the Aug 19th Whitecaps game. Great work everyone!!!

Thanks,
    Donavon L

20. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    You rock Mr. D.....

and pretender - thanks for sharing your pics

21. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    WOW guys, that was SO FUN, and to help out a charity like that was GREAT! :D
    Jeremy Bulloch was a great guy, I hope we can do somthing with him again, what a great guy. :)

Thanks guys again for being a cool, easy going, laid back group to hang with. I'm really glad to be able to meet more of you guys for the first time, and meet some of you again. :D I can't wait to see more pic's :) since I couldn't make it to the toy show event. :(
    Can't wait till the Griffins event! :D

22. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    We have a meeting with the Griffens rep tomorrow... Stay tuned!

Donavon

23. LeiaSkywalker4

Apr 15, 2005
    Oh we will stay tuned D-Man. And hopefully I can debut my new costume for the Griffins game.

24. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    All images have been up loaded all the way back to the Aug 19th baseball game....

http://community.webshots.com/user/TX338

Later,
    Donavon

25. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    Donavon ..... Those pic's are AWESOME !!!! :eek: :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.