Dec. Meeting - LotR Return of the King

Discussion in 'Omaha, NE' started by nerfherderboy, Nov 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nerfherderboy Jedi Padawan

Lisa aka "banthagirl" just discovered that LotR: RotK tickets for opening night, Dec. 18, may be going on sale tomorrow, Sunday, Nov. 30 at all Douglas Theaters. There should be a notice in the Sunday World Herald tomorrow.

Based on the last "upcoming meetings" post, should we just plan on the late showing at Q Cinema 9 on Thursday, Dec. 18? We can start getting tix ASAP this way.

Douglas Theaters don't allow purchasing tickets online. The website doesn't say anything about tickets, but does advertise the re-release of FotR and Two Towers.
    http://www.douglastheatres.com/

How does this sound?
  2. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds very good to me. What time constitutes late showing though? I theoretically have to work at 11 pm, but I've been known to get ill from time to time, hehe.

But thats ok with me. Everyone else ok with this?
  3. nerfherderboy Jedi Padawan

Oops - Error in my last message. The movie comes out on Wed., Dec. 17, 2003.

There wont be too many showings each night. The LotR website lists the movie length as 230 minutes! A 7:00 pm start time may still bump up against an 11:00 pm work schedule. Douglas Theaters had not yet posted any showtimes.

The late evening showing on Wed., Dec. 17 at Q-Cinema ok with everyone?
  4. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes. And by late evening, I'm assuming you mean 7ish, right?
  5. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    That seems to be the preferred time from what I am hearing.
  6. wundermutt Jedi Knight

star 1
    anybody know how long the movie runs?
  7. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    almost 4 hours, if you believe the hype...lol.
  8. wundermutt Jedi Knight

star 1
    well, tom and i are in (after much convincing from darla, tom, and mark, that i can in fact take a couple of hours off of work *twitch**twitch*)
  9. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Just received word from my underworld connection, and hell has indeed just frozen over...film at 11.
  10. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    It's past 11. Where's the film?
  11. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Due to the negative impact said footage would have on tourism, hell's tourism council banned the footage and sentenced the cameraman to further purgatory.
  12. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, it turns out I won't be able to join the merry band of misfits for an evening viewing of RotK, as I am now employed (see Darth Tharon. There is employment to be had in this town. Just a matter of getting off your can & finding it, ya cry @$$) and my training lasts from 4pm to midnight for 2 weeks starting on the 8th. I wouldn't turn my nose up to an early showing though. Once my training is finished, I'll be working Sunday thru Thursday from 8am to 4:30pm.
  13. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Just sounds to me like another excuse to not show to meetings. ;) And I agree, work is out there, you just have to apply yourself and not think a degree should mean instant qualification or that you're too good for the job....

On this topic has anyone got tickets yet? If so what time so the rest of us know....
  14. wundermutt Jedi Knight

star 1
    congrats on the job craig. though i will miss you at the movie, its so hard to find people willing to talk back to the screen...
  15. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Im sure you and all your personalities will more than make up for Craigs absence.
  16. wundermutt Jedi Knight

star 1
    at least the three main ones have finally started talking to each other
  17. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Really...must have run out of medication again...Tom, must we do everything for you?
  18. wundermutt Jedi Knight

star 1
    nah, they've got me on som new med... it's called placebo i think.

so what's the new job?

19. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Its not that "donation" job down at the fertility clinic you were talking about is it?
  20. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    If only. Do what you're good at, right? Damn! Did I just say that out loud?

I will be doing customer service for Earthlink. The Sunday thru Thursday schedule will kinda suck, but after I'm there for a little while, I can put in for a schedule change. Trying to get a Monday thru Friday. School is being put on the back burner for the time being. In fact, it's being taken off the stove for a while. Getting a degree might be good, but as Darth Whine-on likes to remind us a degree doesn't pay the bills.
  21. sarahpie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Whatever time we pick for the 17th works for me.
  22. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    With the RotK outing a couple weeks from now, is there no get together tomorrow night?
  23. wundermutt Jedi Knight

star 1
    craig, get used to hearing this..."the cupholder on my computer broke, what do i do???" "my computer won't turn on, could that have anything to do with the power outtage??" "my internets' done broke."

i don't think were getting together tomorrow. also, are we doing the gift exchange for the january meeting?

24. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Nope nothing tomorrow. ROTK is the gathering for this month.

Mutt raised a good question...yay or nay on the gift exchanged thingie for the Holiday meet in Jan?

As for the movie it will have to be the 7pm showing...and we have to pick a theater here gang. Matt and Lisa vote for the Q Cinema...I prefer Oakview (since i live across the street of course, lol ) but am not picky...what about everyone else...we need to get tix secured.
  25. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Q9! Q9! Q9! Q9! Q9! Q9!Q9! Q9! Q9!Q9! Q9! Q9!
    Q9! Q9! Q9!Q9! Q9! Q9!Q9! Q9! Q9!Q9! Q9! Q9!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.