Omaha, NE Dec. Meeting - LotR Return of the King

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by nerfherderboy, Nov 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nerfherderboy Jedi Padawan

Lisa and I have our tix for Q-Cinema 9 for the 7:50 PM showing on Wed., Dec. 17 (the other one was 2:15 PM).

As of 1:30 PM on Sunday, Dec. 7 they had 120 tickets left. That's not really very many considering that it's more than 10 days before the show, but they've already sold 2/3 of the seats.

We also hit Twin Creek Cinema's Saturday night showing of Fellowship of the Ring. Maybe only 40 people there, not crowded at all.
  2. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, this puts me in an akward place. I basically have to leave right now to get tickets. I work during 2nd shift hours, and the theaters arent open during the hours I'm off, and by the end of the week, I'll have no more spare money. the only things you're missing by not seeing it at AMC are the outer-space motif of the interior decor, and all the annoying teenagers. i've seen several of the big releases there, and wasn't disappointed. The seats are comfortable, and the sound system is much much better than AMC's.
  3. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, after some debate and much discussion, it was decided that we just wont be able to do this as a group. With several people making special arrangements for work later that night, and other having to get up early the next more, those extra 50 minutes are valuable. That and online ordering and other reasons...So as it stands now, Darla, Heather, Tom and I are going to the 7 pm showing at Oakview. Sorry all.
  4. sarahpie Jedi Knight

star 1
    I had (stupidly) agreed to help out at school that night, but I'll mysteriously get the flu...*cough*

I think me and my boyfriend will try to go to the 7pm show at Oakview.
  5. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Well at least you dont have to buy a ticket for your battery operated boyfriend.
  6. sarahpie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, that friend was costing me too much for batteries each month, so I traded it in for the real version. Much better.
  7. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm sure BOB is enjoying a change of scenery. Has he ever seen the light of day?
  8. sarahpie Jedi Knight

star 1
    From time to time he did, yes. But alas, he has been permanatley replaced.

And the 7pm show at Oakview is sold out, so I think we're going to the 2:45 show.
  9. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    So he's used to mix paint now?
  10. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    No, she probably gave it back to her brother.
  11. sarahpie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anyone else see that AMC is doing a midnight showing? Three, to be exact. We've got our tickets.
  12. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    Damn. That's right when I get out of training. As much as I want to see the movie, I don't really want to be up till 4 in the morning.
  13. sarahpie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, the movie length kinda does put a strain on the whole midnight showing thing. I'm just suprised they're doing one, for a while it seemed like AMC stopped doing midnight shows.

Hope training goes well for you, Craig. You'll probablly be working with my friend Mike.
  14. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Have fun, Craig.
  15. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Just an update...now its the 6:15 pm showing at Oak View...Darla, John, Roger and Cory, Heather and Tom, and I.
  16. TheMightyTorgo Jedi Knight

ooooooh I cant wait I'm schvitzing all over the place.
  17. sarahpie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Should I give away all the spoilers? Muahahahahaha. All I'll say is that it rocked. All 5 screens for the midnight showing at AMC were sold out.
  18. TheMightyTorgo Jedi Knight

Totally Rocked
    just one thing.
    Don't drink anything before the movie...at all.
  19. sarahpie Jedi Knight

star 1
    I managed to make it through the entire movie. Twice, actually. I'm sure I'll see it again soon.

My only gripe is how the end was dragged out so much.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.